The Milk Cup 2007

Started by Norf Tyrone, August 01, 2007, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

I was at Chelsea v Aspire FC (Quatar) last night in the milk cup, and must say Chelsea were very poor losing 2-0. However I heard a rumour that Chelsea brought an U12 team, even though it was an U14 competition but don't know how true that is. The Chelsea capt was an absoloute giant standing at I'd say 6ft 6!!!!

The highlight for me was getting a photo of my boy with legend Eddie Newton!

The tournament itself is excellent. I decided on Monday that I'd stay down on Tuesday evening and by fluke ended up staying in the HQ of the Milk Cup, which as well as hosting all the admin also had Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Co Down staying.

Hoping to get back down tomorrow evening to see the team who have been the story of the tournament so far....Co Tyrone!

They beat Aspire (See above), and River Plate yesterday to reach the Milk Cup proper for the first time ever, and today beat Dundalk in that QF to reach the last 4. If I am right they will face Maccabi Haifa or the much fancied Guadalajara at 7pm.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Orior

Did you wear your Tyrone jersey?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Balboa

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2007, 09:47:25 PM
Did you wear your Tyrone jersey?

A hiding would have been handed out to him if he did.

An Fear Rua

Is this tournament losing its appeal?
Granada news last night were carrying a big report on an U15 tournament oraganised by MUFC currently running at Carrington(Utds training ground) . Strange give that Utd have a side in the semifinals of the milk cup at the same time. I would have expected this to be organised after the Milk Cup.
Its Grim up North

T Fearon

Interesting to see tonights Junior Final. Will the locals support their fellow Irishmen from St Kevin's in Dublin or the foreign team they're playing, or is that a silly question? ::)

Norf Tyrone

QuoteGranada news last night were carrying a big report on an U15 tournament oraganised by MUFC currently running at Carrington(Utds training ground) . Strange give that Utd have a side in the semifinals of the milk cup at the same time. I would have expected this to be organised after the Milk Cup.

I'd say Clubs have teams at all age groups. The U14s and 16s would've went to the Milk Cup, and the 15s competed at home.

QuoteInteresting to see tonights Junior Final. Will the locals support their fellow Irishmen from St Kevin's in Dublin or the foreign team they're playing, or is that a silly question?

Are St.Kevin's not playing Guadlahara (Spelling), so it's Mexico v Mexico  ;D. I would've thought that most would've been backing St.Kevins?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone