Dunphy - gone from RTE

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, July 25, 2018, 02:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote@Dunphy_Official

(1/2) Two years ago, I decided not to renew my contract with RTÉ Sport. At the time, they prevailed upon me to stay and, in fact, offered me a rise, a small one, to do so. However, before the World Cup I told them this time, I would be leaving.

Quote@Dunphy_Official

(2/2) I intend to focus on my podcast The Stand which is flourishing and has had over 2.3 million listens since we started. That's where my energy will now be devoted.

In my 40 years with RTÉ, I made many good friends and I wish them the very best for the future.

Syferus

Pity. Only Brady left of the four horsemen now.

Aristo 60

Apres Match diversified in plenty of time.

mrdeeds

He had some great quotes over the years but offered opinion rather than analysis. Not before time because his limited analysis and research was badly exposed this WC.

LilySavage

Surely an opening for a Spanish football expert now within RTE?

Armamike

I thought he looked a bit lost and isolated after Bill and John went. Will miss the drama and the over the top reactions to teams losing a game. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

Last of the real football people TM. Soccer's answer to Pat Spillane. Circus mostly. 2 straights and a clown.
A large selection of work is available on youtube.Sports writing and analysis. Eugene McGee :" I have to write an article every week. Most of what I write is shite "
I remember reading an article Dunphy wrote on the Munster Hurling Final when I was in Leaving Cert. He was very talented.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on July 25, 2018, 04:19:54 PM
Last of the real football people TM. Soccer's answer to Pat Spillane. Circus mostly. 2 straights and a clown.
A large selection of work is available on youtube.Sports writing and analysis. Eugene McGee :" I have to write an article every week. Most of what I write is shite "
I remember reading an article Dunphy wrote on the Munster Hurling Final when I was in Leaving Cert. He was very talented.

This reads like one of those generated articles you see on low-rent Asian websites.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2018, 04:30:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 25, 2018, 04:19:54 PM

This reads like one of those generated articles you see on low-rent Asian websites.

What low-rent Asian Websites are you on?  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 25, 2018, 02:30:54 PM
He had some great quotes over the years but offered opinion rather than analysis. Not before time because his limited analysis and research was badly exposed this WC.
His best and most memorable quote "I've never managed anywhere, I've managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years baby."

He never put any research into his analysis. Not before time indeed and was well past his sell by date.

Boycey

QuoteOn the Alex Ferguson-Gordon Strachan feud:

Eamon: "Scots they're either nice or they're horrid and these two are horrid.

Bill: "The Scots wont like that Eamon, that's bordering on racism".

Eamon: "It's not racism its ethnic criticism Bill".

My personal favourite  :) but all in all I wouldn't be a fan..

Therealdonald

Quote from: Boycey on July 25, 2018, 05:20:08 PM
QuoteOn the Alex Ferguson-Gordon Strachan feud:

Eamon: "Scots they're either nice or they're horrid and these two are horrid.

Bill: "The Scots wont like that Eamon, that's bordering on racism".

Eamon: "It's not racism its ethnic criticism Bill".

My personal favourite  :) but all in all I wouldn't be a fan..

He wasn't everybody's cup of tea but he made for great viewing. When Bill mentioned an English article were Keane was called a thug, Dunphy went off his rocker '' who wrote it Bill, I'll tell you who wrote it, the same man who left his wife and children for a young one''