Kicks off in Germany 2moro

Overall betting with Skybet-

Froome 11/8
Porte 9/4
Quintana 6/1
Contador 14/1
Aru 14/1
Chaves 50/1

Open enough betting for a change. Porte has the form going in and it could be a generous 9/4, possible value in Quintana if he's came out of the Giro ok. Chaves is a big price there , 1/4 odds for top 3.

Ropey enough weather forecast for a few days, some of the big guns normally come a cropper.

bennydorano

Thibaut Pinot 11/4 to finish inTop 10 is a value bet. Taking a chance after his Giro efforts but I think I'll have a rattle at that.

maddog

Main players are short prices so going for Bardet and chaves ew with Navarro and pantanno for top 10 finishes 14/1 & 16/1 on those 2.

Tony Baloney

Was looking at the route earlier and there don't seem to be many mountain top finishes or TTs. Does this help or hinder Froome?

macdanger2

Good interview with kimmage on OTB on Thursday night, particularly where he talked about dropping out of the 1987 tour

bennydorano

Big start to the Tour for Sky, Froome & Thomas. Could be the winning of it already. Valverde out with a broken leg & dislocated knee.

ONeill

None of the Irish lads born in Ireland?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

Being irish is a state of mind

bennydorano

Shit, Sagan DQ'd. On first viewing it looked a blatant elbow but after a few viewings I'm not so sure.

straightred

Quote from: bennydorano on July 04, 2017, 06:05:03 PM
Shit, Sagan DQ'd. On first viewing it looked a blatant elbow but after a few viewings I'm not so sure.

i'm not either. the frontal view is the best. Looked like a racing accident to me

JimStynes

That's shit news! Sagan is one of the most entertaining out there. I don't think he meant it, though if it was Cavendish I would probably have thought he meant it!

SHEEDY

think it was a very harsh decision to disqualify sagan from the tour, dont think it was deliberate although it could be said it was an overly aggressive movement across cavendish that caused the crash. only he will know if he meant it or not.
dont think anyone would have argued with the original punishment of docked points and placed to last position on todays stage. hopefully cavendish is able to continue.

Cavendish out of tour de france... broken shoulder. Blow for the tour to lose him and sagan.
nil satis nisi optimum

Tony Baloney

Deliberate. Overhead shot shows him firing the elbow out. Cav appeared to have his head riden over by whoever was behind him.

maddog

That's sprinting for you. Its a bit like hurling on bikes. Sagan should have been placed last on stage and given wrap over knuckles. Disqualified from race - no way.

Hound

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 04, 2017, 10:55:53 PM
Deliberate. Overhead shot shows him firing the elbow out. Cav appeared to have his head riden over by whoever was behind him.
I thought that first too, but disagree completely now. You have to look at both the overhead and the front on, and there's a still shot from overhead that is actually misleading. When it's slowed down, its clear Sagan's elbow only comes out immediately after the collision. Cav is already on his way down and Sagan's elbow comes out to help himself balance. I think Cav was gone whether the elbow came out or not.

At least that's my view! The 30 sec penalty may have been justified for closing the door, but it seems extraordinarily harsh to kick him out.