Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

That was some try from the Blues to win it.

The Lions never looked like being able to produce anything like that.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

SBW showing that he is world class - even after fasting for 12 hours pre game due to Ramadan.

Rory Best will get hammered for that last line out !!

Crusaders on Saturday is a level up again as they are unbeaten in the Super Rugby this year - Lions could be in for a bigger defeat come Saturday if Crusaders are allowed to play all their All Blacks in that game.

johnneycool

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 07, 2017, 10:39:25 AM

Offloading is key, Gatland isn't on that page yet. Big scrum, set plays, crash ball stuff like Wales. NZ will eat that up and shite it out the other end.
Rugby has moved on, but Gatland hasn't.

Walter Cronc

No irish injuries will be a good tour for me. Dont care if they are hammered every game.

Tour was madness in the first place.

yellowcard

Quote from: johnneycool on June 07, 2017, 10:52:18 AM

Offloading is key, Gatland isn't on that page yet. Big scrum, set plays, crash ball stuff like Wales. NZ will eat that up and shite it out the other end.

Has it? Is that not just what the 6 nations is every year. It seems as though Gatland gets a lot of personal criticism from Ireland because of his past comments and his dropping of O'Driscoll but I wouldn't exactly say that Schmidt is anything other than a pragmatist either. 

johnneycool

Quote from: yellowcard on June 07, 2017, 11:12:42 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 07, 2017, 10:52:18 AM

Has it? Is that not just what the 6 nations is every year. It seems as though Gatland gets a lot of personal criticism from Ireland because of his past comments and his dropping of O'Driscoll but I wouldn't exactly say that Schmidt is anything other than a pragmatist either.

Schmidt is pretty conservative as well that I do agree with and yes, you'll do OK in the 6N's against the other bosh teams of England and Wales and maybe the skillset still isn't there for the type of expansive game NZ play with physically smaller but more athletic teams, especially in the pack.

Walter Cronc

You could argue that NZ set the standard for strength and conditioning of all field teams - rugby, aussie rules, american football and even GAA. They seem years ahead!

The Blues outhalf, the younger Ione and Jordie Barrett were all pulled from their U20 world cup squad to play against the Lions. Scary talent!!!

clonadmad

A money making exercise mainly for the host union and Sky.

Insane scheduling 2 games played already and they not in NZ a week,next up a trimming from Canterbury.

Time to bin this tour of the colonies,just wait for the injuries and loss of form for Province and Ireland before and after the chaps return home.

Hound

Crusaders favourities with the bookies on Saturday. Can't be too often that the Lions have gone into a non-Test match as underdogs!

screenexile

Now we're sucking diesel!!

Great win for the Lions today the Crusaders didn't really have an answer for it much better from the Irish as well Sexton very good when he came on and O'Mahoney and O'Brien excellent as well great to see it start to come together!

Walter Cronc

Sounded like a big performance. Furlong class yet again. The centres and back 3 will be interesting to see who is chosen.

dec

What position was sexton playing when he came on

Walter Cronc

Quote from: dec on June 10, 2017, 01:18:02 PM
What position was sexton playing when he came on

Think 10 with Farrell to 12

stew

Quote from: screenexile on June 10, 2017, 10:47:41 AM
Now we're sucking diesel!!

Great win for the Lions today the Crusaders didn't really have an answer for it much better from the Irish as well Sexton very good when he came on and O'Mahoney and O'Brien excellent as well great to see it start to come together!

Wow we actually agree on something screen.

They are finally starting to come together and I think they will be good to go for the first test, exciting stuff and I really think this series will be one for the ages.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JPGJOHNNYG

f**k me this Argentina england game is something else way more entertaining than any of the lions games