UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 09, 2017, 12:00:17 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 08, 2017, 11:52:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2017, 11:42:15 PM
The Shinners could make the difference here, by not taking their seats they'll give the majority to the Tories with the UUP and DUP propping up the Tories!! Worst case scenario

I wonder if it'd be big enough to wake the shinners up out of their abstentionist nonsense.

Gerry Adams has confirmed that the policy remains.

Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot!! Can they not cross their fingers during the pledge or wink ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 09, 2017, 12:00:17 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 08, 2017, 11:52:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2017, 11:42:15 PM
The Shinners could make the difference here, by not taking their seats they'll give the majority to the Tories with the UUP and DUP propping up the Tories!! Worst case scenario

I wonder if it'd be big enough to wake the shinners up out of their abstentionist nonsense.

Gerry Adams has confirmed that the policy remains.
Typically conservative
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Cynical delayed audio of Adams on ITV
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

So, Jeremy being repeatedly tagged as an inveterate fellow traveler of the IRA, didn't cost him votes in an era of ultra terror paranoia?

ONeill

UKiP have been demolished but hard to know where they're going.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

Based on the exit poll:

Lab 266
+Lib 14
+SNP 34
= 314

Falls 11 short. The left would need to piece together a rainbow coalition with the SDLP and whoever else is about.

Con 314
+Lib14
= 328

Slim majority but a majority nonetheless. Lib Dems could insist on a second Brexit referendum as a condition of propping up the Tories.

Syferus

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 09, 2017, 12:24:33 AM
Based on the exit poll:

Lab 266
+Lib 14
+SNP 34
= 314

Falls 11 short. The left would need to piece together a rainbow coalition with the SDLP and whoever else is about.

Con 314
+Lib14
= 328

Slim majority but a majority nonetheless. Lib Dems could insist on a second Brexit referendum as a condition of propping up the Tories.

Libs already said they won't be going in with the Tories, voter suicide to backtrack on that. Second election is the most likely outcome.

Hardy

Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2017, 12:32:37 AM
Based on the exit poll:

Lab 266
+Lib 14
+SNP 34
= 314

Con 314
+Lib14
= 328

Libs already said they won't be going in with the Tories, voter suicide to backtrack on that. Second election is the most likely outcome.

How could they not change that stance, since changing would see their policy implemented?This is the best potential outcome.

dec

Are the NI constituencies counting tonight or waiting to start in the morning?

maggie

Alex Kane on Twitter has it DUP gains in South Belfast and South Antrim.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2017, 12:32:37 AM
Based on the exit poll:

Lab 266
+Lib 14
+SNP 34
= 314

Con 314
+Lib14
= 328

They reneged on election promises in 2010 so if they are in a strong bargaining position they should stick it in and break off the handle. After this result I'd say the Tories will be very amenable to discussions as they'll not want another run at the election.

angermanagement

Where's this twat Matt from ?

Is this the next generation of SF?

Surely they've better reps to put on tv.

Rois

Quote from: dec on June 09, 2017, 12:50:34 AM
Are the NI constituencies counting tonight or waiting to start in the morning?
Counting tonight

Carmen Stateside

Matt Carthy was brilliant, the two orange robots at the end of the table fare came to life when he started

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"