UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on May 28, 2017, 06:30:02 PM
Sure Spain is nearly as bad as Greece.

The problem with Brexit type arguments is that those who favour it have no problems making it up, if the actual facts do not suit.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on May 28, 2017, 06:17:24 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on May 28, 2017, 06:04:25 PM
Would love to see the bill for interpreter services in places like the NHS & the Probation Board, for example. There are a significant number of people accessing public services here who can't speak English. Therefore under Human Rights legislation and so on, they have to be provided with an interpreter, incurring even more costs.

And there are no British people in Spain looking for health services and requiring people to speak to them in English?
Apparently there are 900k and the Tory nightmare is a mass return giVen most are over 65
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Franko

May took one of the biggest pummellings I've ever seen tonight on her head to head with Paxman.  The audience audibly laughed at her when talking about the Tories' record on NHS funding, the camera cut to a guy mouthing "bollocks, that's bollocks" as she waffled about something else and to top it off, Paxman absolutely sucker punched her (as only he can) by calling her 'a blowhard who collapses at the first sign of gunfire'!  The Tories need to get her off the TV ASAP or, dare I say it, they could lose this!?

Franko

PS. The hashtag #BattleForNumber10 makes great reading right now.

seafoid

Quote from: Franko on May 30, 2017, 12:45:59 AM
PS. The hashtag #BattleForNumber10 makes great reading right now.
People are concerned about the NHS,  police, social care and education,  all areas she and the Tories are hopeless on. And she is strong on Brexit. No deal is better than a bad deal. That got the audience going. It means no security cooperation to.prevent attacks like Manchester. 
The Tories have painted themselves into an awful corner.
It reminds me of the Sun talking up Rooney before any football tournament over the last 15 years.

heganboy

#theresamaygifs

Also pretty good
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

yellowcard

May was again very poor last night and seems totally incapable of thinking on her feet.

Meanwhile the media constantly drumming on about Corbyn's discussions with the IRA 30 years ago is bizarre. The political class and establishment media have tried to smear Corbyn from the beginning but he has had a very good campaign irrespective of the result. I don't think that he can win but I think he might perform better then originally expected.

Hardy

Quote from: Hardy on May 11, 2017, 02:31:32 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 04, 2017, 09:24:57 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 19, 2017, 09:21:25 AM
Betfair
Most seats
Tories 1/11
Lab. 14.5/1
Lib. 40/1
Tory majority 1/5
No majority 5.2/1

Two weeks on the Tories are consolidating strongly:
Most seats
Tories 1/20
Lab. 19/1
Lib. 150/1
Tory majority 1/11
No majority 13.5/1

Latest:
Most seats
Tories 1/33
Lab. 27/1
Lib. 370/1
Tory majority 1/14
No majority 19/1

Update:
Most seats
Tories 1/14
Lab. 13.5/1
Lib. 1000/1
Majority
Tory majority 1/6
No majority 7.5/1

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on May 30, 2017, 09:50:36 AM
May was again very poor last night and seems totally incapable of thinking on her feet.

Meanwhile the media constantly drumming on about Corbyn's discussions with the IRA 30 years ago is bizarre. The political class and establishment media have tried to smear Corbyn from the beginning but he has had a very good campaign irrespective of the result. I don't think that he can win but I think he might perform better then originally expected.
I think you have to look at it in terms of voter perception. Tory working class voters are law, order and  patriotism focused. Labour working class voters are not. When they question Corbyn on the IRA or nuclear weapons it is a dog whistle for law and order voters.

May is a spoofer. She doesn't come across well in interviews and she doesn't really get the money side of things.

Saffrongael

Corbyn certainly improving mind you he has just made a balls up when asked about the figures for Labours child care policy announced today, he didn't have the first notion & the interviewer had to tell him them.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Rossfan

As ye lads up North have no say in the overall scheme of things -how will the 6Cos seats pan out?
Will "we" get back Fermanagh Sth Tyrone?
Will "we" hold Belfast South?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

David Davis is a clown

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2017/may/30/general-election-2017-may-corbyn-paxman-snp-manifesto-politics-live

He wants to go back to talking about Brexit, as per the Tory campaign reboot. He says the Labour attitude is "naive", claiming Rayner believes that "if we're nice to them" – remaining EU members – the UK will get a good deal.

Davis claims Jean-Claude Juncker and others have had to "back off" and admit Theresa May "is a good negotiator".

She doesn't want to do the negotiations on air and that's quite reasonable.

The simple truth is that you [the media] want to get as much of the information as possible ...

We have over 100 pages of detail, two white papers ... a five-page-plus letter to the European Union, all laying out what we're after.

What we're after is a tariff-free arrangement ... If we can't have one, we'll have to design our strategy as appropriate.

Davis signs off with the "no deal is better than a bad deal" line that is now seemingly a contractual obligation with every Conservative appearance.