Author Topic: Stormont Assembly Elections 2017  (Read 65051 times)

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
Re: Stormont Assembly Elections 2017
« Reply #1575 on: June 26, 2017, 06:40:49 PM »
SF need to stand up to Foster and let Stormont go, Tories will trump them in Westminster for now. DUP will lose out in the end.

Your SF leader has stated that Stormont is key to the strategy for achieving a UI.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 26, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »
In my opinion, which is not one valued by Gerry Adams, SF should resume in Stormont. However, they should state that if Brexit results in the imposition without consultation of any measures which make more difficult the conduct of trade or the passage of goods people or vehicles on the island of Ireland, then the British will have reneged on the GFA and that involvement will end.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 26, 2017, 08:29:11 PM »
In my opinion, which is not one valued by Gerry Adams, SF should resume in Stormont. However, they should state that if Brexit results in the imposition without consultation of any measures which make more difficult the conduct of trade or the passage of goods people or vehicles on the island of Ireland, then the British will have reneged on the GFA and that involvement will end.

Yes, but I hear that you rate your own opinion very highly, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 26, 2017, 09:00:21 PM »

Yes, but I hear that you rate your own opinion very highly, lol.

Somebody has got do it! That said, I don't trust my own opinion about my own opinion.

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 26, 2017, 10:43:35 PM »
Somebody has got do it! That said, I don't trust my own opinion about my own opinion.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.
O'Neills Therapist

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: Today at 09:52:50 AM »
SF need to stand up to Foster and let Stormont go, Tories will trump them in Westminster for now. DUP will lose out in the end.

Here comes Arlene with the one billion wiping SF's face. No need for a Northern bank job.
Warning. Don't try this at home unless in the company of a responsible adult

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: Today at 09:56:05 AM »

Your SF leader has stated that Stormont is key to the strategy for achieving a UI.
He is not my leader I am not a member, just a voter.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: Today at 10:00:32 AM »
If? it may not restrict travel for citizens of either jurisdiction. It will restrict the movement of other EU citizens. It will pose significant difficulties for farmers, transport companies and industry. Unionists keep talking about the 70% trade wit the UK, which is not in jeopardy. However what is in jeopardy is 30% of our exports which go to the EU, thats a large chunk in any mans money.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:02:10 AM by Applesisapples »

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: Today at 11:32:26 AM »
Would the Irish language act be enough for Sinn Féin to hold their noses with Arlene remaining as first minister even after the RHI debacle?

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: Today at 11:44:26 AM »
Would the Irish language act be enough for Sinn Féin to hold their noses with Arlene remaining as first minister even after the RHI debacle?

Only if she issues an apology in Irish.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #1585 on: Today at 12:07:14 PM »

As some said, while the  assembly doesn't sit, the MLAs are still being paid.  The money the DUP are getting from the conservatives may disappear into sone's back pocket while there are no ministries to allocate it.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: Today at 12:10:43 PM »
How can SF and the SDLP sit with the DUP in stormount while the DUP have the Tories by the ball sack. Its just not workable and as said before they both should walk away.

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: Today at 03:16:03 PM »

As some said, while the  assembly doesn't sit, the MLAs are still being paid.  The money the DUP are getting from the conservatives may disappear into sone's back pocket while there are no ministries to allocate it.

Wrong. DUP have agreed it will still be used by civil service to carry on with projects decided by an overseeing committee of MPs with DUP input.

Not just elected MPs being paid but those who lost their seats remain on and paid until replaced by assembly being formally instituted.