Willie Frazer and FAIR

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 10, 2018, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 10, 2018, 02:11:38 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 10, 2018, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 10, 2018, 01:17:10 PM
Arlene and co meeting poor Willie ....oh the outrage over ' have you found your daddy'

No outrage over FTP, KAT, effigies of Martin McGuinness in a coffin, Bobby Sands, etc, tricolours, gaa jerseys.

If this is a hate crime, then what is it when the boul Willie calls all of south Armagh republican scum, murderers, and tramps?

Christ lads, with all the attention seeking stunts that Willie has done over the years, finally he is fading into the background of irrelevance and what do these eejits do? Push him right back to the forefront and give him some kind of legitimacy.

I would love to local nationalist communities totally reject these bonfires and stand up to those who think that they are a good idea.

We look down our nose at the 11th night bonfires and rightly so but then we have a crowd wanting to ape them, we cant have it both ways.

This is not Kulture.

Insane Bolts post is classic whataboutery.

Sure it is 😳 I can't stand hypocrites of any hue. Arlene and co get a free ride on the constant sectarianism that is loyalist culture. Willie is a half-wit who is best ignored, but why should people have to put up with his constant bile in relation to south armagh and the republican community? This clown denies the Glenanne gang existed.

They shouldn't.  But what has that got to do with this incident?

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Franko on August 10, 2018, 02:52:47 PM
Arlene and co meeting poor Willie ....oh the outrage over ' have you found your daddy'

No outrage over FTP, KAT, effigies of Martin McGuinness in a coffin, Bobby Sands, etc, tricolours, gaa jerseys.

If this is a hate crime, then what is it when the boul Willie calls all of south Armagh republican scum, murderers, and tramps?

Christ lads, with all the attention seeking stunts that Willie has done over the years, finally he is fading into the background of irrelevance and what do these eejits do? Push him right back to the forefront and give him some kind of legitimacy.

I would love to local nationalist communities totally reject these bonfires and stand up to those who think that they are a good idea.

We look down our nose at the 11th night bonfires and rightly so but then we have a crowd wanting to ape them, we cant have it both ways.

This is not Kulture.

Sure it is 😳 I can't stand hypocrites of any hue. Arlene and co get a free ride on the constant sectarianism that is loyalist culture. Willie is a half-wit who is best ignored, but why should people have to put up with his constant bile in relation to south armagh and the republican community? This clown denies the Glenanne gang existed.

This incident is being treated as a hate crime......whilst his constant bile is not.....that clear enough for you?

Franko

Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 10, 2018, 03:12:12 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 10, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

This is not Kulture.

This incident is being treated as a hate crime......whilst his constant bile is not.....that clear enough for you?

Two separate things.  Connecting them is whataboutery.  This sort of thing should be condemned without any buts, ifs or ands.

michaelg

Interesting how Insane Bolt describes Unionist reaction to this incident as 'faux outrage'.  I wonder how he would classify Nationalist reaction to the burning of tricolours etc on 11th Night Bonfires?  No doubt he will say that it is a genuine and legitimate response.  Interesting how a very similar reaction to an almost identical scenario can be viewed so differently.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: michaelg on August 10, 2018, 05:19:13 PM
Interesting how Insane Bolt describes Unionist reaction to this incident as 'faux outrage'.  I wonder how he would classify Nationalist reaction to the burning of tricolours etc on 11th Night Bonfires?  No doubt he will say that it is a genuine and legitimate response.  Interesting how a very similar reaction to an almost identical scenario can be viewed so differently.

I call it faux outrage because that's what it is. I have never heard any Unionist politician call out the open sectarianism on 11th night bonfires, nor seen the PSNI investigate these displays as hate crimes.
Double standards. SF and SDLP have rightly called out the display in Newry.

Applesisapples

The inane stupidity of some nationalists to mimic the sectarian actions of loyalists drives me to distraction. It gives them the all whaddabout line. Let them peddle their bile and take the higher ground.

screenexile

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 13, 2018, 11:30:08 AM
The inane stupidity of some nationalists to mimic the sectarian actions of loyalists drives me to distraction. It gives them the all whaddabout line. Let them peddle their bile and take the higher ground.

See Wee Bwyson is getting his teeth stuck into the end of the Feile where there were IRA banners & Flags and lots of up the Ra singing . . .

We need to stop it as do they!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on August 13, 2018, 11:55:45 AM

See Wee Bwyson is getting his teeth stuck into the end of the Feile where there were IRA banners & Flags and lots of up the Ra singing . . .

We need to stop it as do they!!!

Its a good thing he never seen what happened at the earlier Feile end of night shows... show's of strength, shooting guns in the air and the rest!

That was Springhill if i can remember right!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

michaelg

Who's mimicking who?  Plenty of sectarian Nationalists & Republicans too!

imtommygunn

That bar is very strange. It's like a bar in killarney setup for american tourists. They play to the tourist crowd. Surprised some of the "loyalist" outrage social media brigade haven't picked up on it before.

Puckoon

The brothers band play in it a few times and I went up one Friday night to see what the craic was. They rolled out 3 or 4 lads to do some Irish dancing about an hour into the band's set. Thought that was neat, and a nice touch. Until they did it again, an hour later, and once more before the end of the night. Seemed a bit over the top.

imtommygunn

They used to have a barber in it though it seems to be gone now.

imtommygunn

I am sure they will soon enough.

Milltown Row2

What's strange is people buying tickets to see the Wolf tones and being offended by their music, while this never happened and the only ones offended it seems where unionist politicians who live nowhere near the Falls Park..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Paying money to see the Wolfe Tones (or three quarters of them) is the strangest thing of all.

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 09:52:18 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 13, 2018, 09:38:25 PM
That bar is very strange. It's like a bar in killarney setup for american tourists. They play to the tourist crowd. Surprised some of the "loyalist" outrage social media brigade haven't picked up on it before.
Surprised someone from one of the ultra-Loyalist areas that surround it haven't picked up on it.

Perhaps they're all on a warning after the row at the Wetherspoons down the road some years back.