Violence in Adult Club Football

Started by Jinxy, September 17, 2018, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your county, has it:

Significantly increased in recent years
Significantly decreased in recent years
It's about the same

trailer

The mask slips in Slaughtneil. Held up as some sort of super club. It appears after last nights video they are just another bunch of Derry thugs.

The Trap

But it is more important to get a ball kicked backways from a sideline ball than to deal with the discipline problems. A lot of people running the game and most people in the media haven't got a clue.

The Trap

Somebody is going to end up in jail for killing someone. It will happen!

Stall the Bailer

Is the claim on Derry thread correct? That the referee who got hit on Wednesday night was the eighth to get hit this year in Derry. One is a disgrace never mind 8.

Itchy

Having watched the video what stands out to me is a wee kid, maybe 10-12 yrs old, walking along side of pitch watching that, eventually the row moves right over to where he was standing. The row I don't see how it started but slaughtneil should get a 5k euro fine and maybe they would think twice about such scandalous carry on again.

trailer

It's a bit rich the way they're held up as a houlier than thou club in Ulster. Successful, Football, Hurling, Camogie, Gaelteacht area, etc, etc, then they produce that carry on, the fight on pitch was bad enough but then the scenes with the supporters was utterly deplorable. Fines are not enough of a deterrent. What's needed is for teams to be removed from competitions, and long player bans that are actually enforced, and not overturned by Joe Brolly.

The Trap

Punishments that might act as a detterent i.e. a thing that discourages or is intended to discourage someone from doing something.

To The Club
Pitch closure for a year (don't totally agree with this but if an incident happened in an adult code then force them to play all games away the next year and let the youth play at home) - hits clubs in the pocket too
Ban from certain competitions the following year the major one being the championship

To The Player
12 month ban from playing

What happens at the minute
To The Club
Nothing or a small fine that some benefactor can pay

To The Player
One game ban!!!!

JoG2

Quote from: trailer on October 05, 2018, 11:01:08 AM
It's a bit rich the way they're held up as a houlier than thou club in Ulster. Successful, Football, Hurling, Camogie, Gaelteacht area, etc, etc, then they produce that carry on, the fight on pitch was bad enough but then the scenes with the supporters was utterly deplorable. Fines are not enough of a deterrent. What's needed is for teams to be removed from competitions, and long player bans that are actually enforced, and not overturned by Joe Brolly.

can you give a few examples apart from Matt Fitzpatricks ?

JoG2

Quote from: The Trap on October 05, 2018, 11:16:32 AM
Punishments that might act as a detterent i.e. a thing that discourages or is intended to discourage someone from doing something.

To The Club
Pitch closure for a year (don't totally agree with this but if an incident happened in an adult code then force them to play all games away the next year and let the youth play at home) - hits clubs in the pocket too
Ban from certain competitions the following year the major one being the championship

To The Player

To The Club

To The Player
One game ban!!!!

I'd agree with all this. Supporters entering the field of play need the book thrown at them too

BennyHarp

Quote from: The Trap on October 05, 2018, 10:35:55 AM
But it is more important to get a ball kicked backways from a sideline ball than to deal with the discipline problems. A lot of people running the game and most people in the media haven't got a clue.

The video doing the rounds does look bad. The GAA will probably bring in a rule banning mobile phones from matches.
That was never a square ball!!

trailer

Quote from: JoG2 on October 05, 2018, 11:24:21 AM

James Conway

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JoG2 on October 05, 2018, 11:27:25 AM
Quote from: The Trap on October 05, 2018, 11:16:32 AM

To The Club

To The Player

To The Club

To The Player
One game ban!!!!

I'd agree with all this. Supporters entering the field of play need the book thrown at them too

The current sanctions are a joke.
The one game that strabane and stewartstown player got is ridiculous .

I think 12 months is never going to happen, so maybe lets start with an enforceable one. 6 games from all competitions, not this 1 game in the same competition sh1te.
You end up with the situation where players never actually serve a band if the team is promoted or relegated!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JoG2

Quote from: trailer on October 05, 2018, 01:57:20 PM

James Conway

So 1. You may want to look a little closer to home when discussing solicitors getting bans overturned

The Trap

I agree that a number of games is better than months (sometimes in 6 months you would not miss too much) and also remove the rubbish of "same competition". You could take the head off a man in a senior game one week and get a red card and play the reserve game the following week!
Where is the leadership from the GAA? Where is the support for the county boards who have to investigate these incidents that are happening all over the country?
Apart from someone getting killed before this is taken seriously maybe referees refusing to officiate all games or games involving certain teams could have a big impact. That would certainly get this a bit of attention.

trailer

Quote from: JoG2 on October 05, 2018, 02:02:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on October 05, 2018, 01:57:20 PM

James Conway

So 1. You may want to look a little closer to home when discussing solicitors getting bans overturned

Err, sorry I didn't realise you were the defender of Joe Brolly. Powerful the coverage that 4G has, being able to read this forum inside Brolly's arsehole. Truly wonderful.