Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_The_Tank

Coalisland to win the final for me - beat Dromore and Errigal - the favs for competition before a ball was kicked

Killyclogher easier run - D.laughan, an omagh team missing a raft of players from last year and a goal in the 61st minute when 3 points down to ultimately get a result from Ardboe game.

Hoping for a good final.  I see on the tyrone site the final is fixed for 4pm on Sunday 21st.  Intermediate on before at 2pm
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

omaghjoe

Been working out the number of titles of West v East.

Which i figure to be: West 50 v East 48

But I included Errigal, Carmen & Augher in West. Correct or not?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 08, 2018, 06:19:49 PM
Been working out the number of titles of West v East.

Which i figure to be: West 50 v East 48

But I included Errigal, Carmen & Augher in West. Correct or not?
Yeah I would count those 3 all as west tyrone of you are splitting it that way.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Carmen Stateside

how many would the west have won if you took those three teams out of it?

redzone

Last 25 years the oneill cup as only went east 4 times.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 08, 2018, 08:07:11 PM

Carmen - 15
Errigal - 7
Augher - 3

25 out of the 50.  Those 3 could clubs could be classed as South Tyrone.  Breakdown of North South East West would be interesting
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

southtyronegael

augher is in the deep south. could never be classed as either east or west.

Localexpert

One look at club map would show that clubs in the east are at a disadvantage due to the close proximity of numerous clubs.  Prime example coalisland and clonoe can see each other's pitches when standing in either of them but have won 17 championships between them.  Some going considering the the catchment areas of some western clubs.

Norf Tyrone

I always think these thongs should be argued using the old district council boundaries.

The old Strabane DC area wouldn't be flush!

If the super 8s means that we get 6 to 8 weeks lull in the season would there be much interest in a round robin competition using the 4 x council areas. I think it would be good for Tyrone. However the flip side is Clubs would not want their players getting injured. At the same time, and I am thinking re my own Club here, it would be good exposure for some lads and a chance to play games at a higher level. Developmentally it would be excellent.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 08, 2018, 09:28:15 PM
I always think these thongs should be argued using the old district council boundaries.

The old Strabane DC area wouldn't be flush!

If the super 8s means that we get 6 to 8 weeks lull in the season would there be much interest in a round robin competition using the 4 x council areas. I think it would be good for Tyrone. However the flip side is Clubs would not want their players getting injured. At the same time, and I am thinking re my own Club here, it would be good exposure for some lads and a chance to play games at a higher level. Developmentally it would be excellent.

Kerry do something similar don't they.  Give us the breaks down of each of the club's in the 4 districts or an north South East West breakdown

omaghjoe

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on October 08, 2018, 08:52:28 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 08, 2018, 08:07:11 PM

Carmen - 15
Errigal - 7
Augher - 3

25 out of the 50.  Those 3 could clubs could be classed as South Tyrone.  Breakdown of North South East West would be interesting

Carrickmore south? no way.

Most Carmen, Errigal and Augher ones would associate with Omagh more than Dungannon or Cookstown.

Parts of each Parish would be said to be on the periphery most notably Ballygawley

Personally think that it should be based on the way you say the word "there"
if you "thur"  your an eastie

North Tyrone maybe  but where is south Tyrone? sure you could have to have Moy, Eglish, Aghaloo, Errigal, Eskra Fintona, Dromore & Trillick.

Under Lights

Some teams really seem to be struggling for numbers with youth almalgmations and struggling to field reserve teams.
Wouldn't be a bad thing to see a few join up at adult level, 49 teams is a lot. Personally feel the overall standard has dropped over the last few seasons.

redzone

Quote from: Under Lights on October 08, 2018, 09:33:11 PM
Some teams really seem to be struggling for numbers with youth almalgmations and struggling to field reserve teams.
Wouldn't be a bad thing to see a few join up at adult level, 49 teams is a lot. Personally feel the overall standard has dropped over the last few seasons.
That's an interesting mindset. What clubs do you think should join up

LeoMc

Quote from: Localexpert on October 08, 2018, 09:27:02 PM
One look at club map would show that clubs in the east are at a disadvantage due to the close proximity of numerous clubs.  Prime example coalisland and clonoe can see each other's pitches when standing in either of them but have won 17 championships between them.  Some going considering the the catchment areas of some western clubs.
One look at a map would show you Dublin (350sq miles) has a smaller catchment area than Tyrone (1200sq miles).

Under Lights

Quote from: redzone on October 08, 2018, 09:45:31 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 08, 2018, 09:33:11 PM
That's an interesting mindset. What clubs do you think should join up

Likes of drumquin dregish maybe. Possibly just get rid of Castlederg.
Brocagh derrytresk.