The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2009, 03:27:24 PM
With Barca spending a heap on Ibra, and keeping all their current excellent crop of centrefield men, the chances of Mascho leaving have certainly receded, though nothing is certain.

I think the whole squad is in Spain at the moment so not overly worried about Alonso been seen there. I think its still 50/50 about whether Alonso will go or not. The Madrid president is quoted in some of the English papers this morning (Guardian being one) as saying that Alonso's price tag is unrealistic and they won't pay the £32m. But again, could all be part of the negotiating tactics.

If Alonso starts any of the friendlies I think its likely he stays. Until then I think its more likely he'll be sold.

Looks certain that Arbeloa is gone to Madrid for about £4.5m and looks like Dossena will go to Napoli for a similar sum.

Flew into Gatwick yesterday morning Hound, think there is a few days free before Espanypl. Of course Alonso could be visiting relatives, and it may be rumours.

Still look set to go, but it has receeded slightly.

slievegullion

Its very confusing. The Echo is saying it looks like he may stay because of Perez's comments showing his frustration.

Then others, the Daily mail, are saying that Liverpool ahev dropped to £26m asking prize.

I hope the 48 hour ultimatum is true. At least then we will know one way or the other very soon.

corn02

Marca have pictures of him arriving in the ariport - £25 million being reported. Was on the 1pm yesterday.

Arbeloa going for £3 million.

£28 million for the pair, both to be concluded before Friday, poor deals.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on July 28, 2009, 02:15:05 PM
Another informative masterpiece  ::)

Well f**k off back to your United thread if your not happy
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Capt Pat

Man utd get 80 million for a player they no longer require from real Madrid and we let one of our players go at a discount, i hope this is not true.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 28, 2009, 09:23:24 PM
steve finnan has agreed a move to portsmouth

Best of luck to him,I hope he stays fit Trapp is gonna need him..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

It annoys me all this talk about Alonso. madrid want him, liverpool say no. that should be the end of it. u read the papers everyday and it says things like 'alonso has showdown talks with benitez' or 'alonso will now force the transfer through' they spread viscious rumours, and it leads to alot of uncalled unrest. sure look at the john terry man city thing, he never wanted to go, but the papers wound it up so much, apparently john terry wanted showdown talks with abramovich and all, and he didnt feel valued by chelsea. a load of bollox. because he came out the other day and said himself in person, i was never going to leave, it never was a possibility. Alonso does not want to leave liverpool, liverpool do not want to sell him, end of. now if the newspapers would just piss away off, we would be fine!

EC Unique

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on July 29, 2009, 10:17:43 AM
It annoys me all this talk about Alonso. madrid want him, liverpool say no. that should be the end of it. u read the papers everyday and it says things like 'alonso has showdown talks with benitez' or 'alonso will now force the transfer through' they spread viscious rumours, and it leads to alot of uncalled unrest. sure look at the john terry man city thing, he never wanted to go, but the papers wound it up so much, apparently john terry wanted showdown talks with abramovich and all, and he didnt feel valued by chelsea. a load of bollox. because he came out the other day and said himself in person, i was never going to leave, it never was a possibility. Alonso does not want to leave liverpool, liverpool do not want to sell him, end of. now if the newspapers would just piss away off, we would be fine!

The difference is that Alonso is supposed to have made it clear that he does want to leave and as we seen with Ronaldo the player will eventually get his way. If he wants to go he should be let go (at the right price) .
Ronaldo was made to stay another year against his will and I can't help but feel that his lack of performance compared to the previous season was because his heart was not in the club.

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on July 29, 2009, 11:35:21 AM
Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on July 29, 2009, 10:17:43 AM

The difference is that Alonso is supposed to have made it clear that he does want to leave and as we seen with Ronaldo the player will eventually get his way. If he wants to go he should be let go (at the right price) .
Ronaldo was made to stay another year against his will and I can't help but feel that his lack of performance compared to the previous season was because his heart was not in the club.

Exactly, so hold out till the price is met. Last year he was been touted for 16m or so. He upped his game for whatever reason and is on now in demand. Last year no-one was that interested to meet a much lower price.
Rafa has challenged him to say he wants to leave but so far he hasn't directly said it. If not, he stays and we'll be happy. If he does stay and doesn't keep his displays up, Madrid will prob have moved on to new toys. Plus it is a world cup win and he will want to push his way into the Spanish side that will be among the tournement favourites.

blewuporstuffed

From Sky sports

QuoteLiverpool have confirmed that they have agreed a deal with Real Madrid for Alvaro Arbeloa.

Arbeloa had already revealed he was in the Spanish capital holding talks with Real.

Now Liverpool have confirmed that they have agreed to sell the Spanish international to the Liga giants.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "We have agreed a fee with Real Madrid for the transfer of the player, subject to him completing a medical."

It is believed that Arbeloa will pen a five-year contract once he has passed his medical, after the clubs agreed a deal worth around £3.5million.

The move will see Arbeloa return to the club he began his career with, after which he joined Deportivo La Coruna and then Liverpool.

would have though they could have got more for him than that?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ludermor

corn02

I was mad at the start but it isn;t as bad when you think about it.

A full-back on the last year of his contratc.

If Johnson stays fit all seasons Arbeloa is likely to play just half a dozen games and go for nothing at the end of next year. It's a risk, but it is probably good business really.

corn02

Quote from: ludermor on July 29, 2009, 03:31:49 PM
Especially when you consider the outlay on Johnson!

Debatable.

Johnson was over-priced, no doubt, but not by that much.  English international 9I know, I know) and, more importantly, had just ssigned a new contract.

bingobus

Quote from: corn02 on July 29, 2009, 03:38:17 PM
Quote from: ludermor on July 29, 2009, 03:31:49 PM
Especially when you consider the outlay on Johnson!

Debatable.

Johnson was over-priced, no doubt, but not by that much.  English international 9I know, I know) and, more importantly, had just ssigned a new contract.

Main price increase was due to the fact that both Chelsea and City where interested and had lodged bids.

blewuporstuffed

is carragher the only cover at right back in the squad now?
anyone know anything about this mavinga kid, is he a option for first team cover @ CB or LB
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either