AP McCoy

Started by BarryBreensBandage, November 07, 2013, 08:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Is AP McCoy the greatest sportsperson to ever hail from this island?

Clare Balding said this evening that he is the greatest sportsperson she has ever met
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

EC Unique

4000 winners. Mental. He has a 24% win rate. He will never be equaled.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 07, 2013, 08:11:08 PM

Clare Balding said this evening that he is the greatest sportsperson she has ever met

would be hard to argue with it.
His dedication is second to none, heard one jockey this evening in an interview saying that he once flew home from a 4 day golfing break to ride ONE horse at a meeting somewhere

if you read his book you would be amazed at some of the stories
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 07, 2013, 08:55:22 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 07, 2013, 08:11:08 PM

would be hard to argue with it.
His dedication is second to none, heard one jockey this evening in an interview saying that he once flew home from a 4 day golfing break to ride ONE horse at a meeting somewhere

if you read his book you would be amazed at some of the stories

According to his family, he will celebrate tonight in his pub with a glass of juice, and then has two races tomorrow and two on Saturday.
Unbelievable dedication.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Premier Emperor

How much credit should the jockey get when it's the horse that's doing the running?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Premier Emperor on November 08, 2013, 10:29:53 AM
How much credit should the jockey get when it's the horse that's doing the running?

Why would Cody get all the credit for managing the Kilkenny team when the players do all the work ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

All 4000 of those horses must have been pure class. Just watch the win yesterday for your answer.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 08, 2013, 10:52:00 AM

All 4000 of those horses must have pure class. Just watch the win yesterday for your answer.

Surely your man must have a point though - only in Ireland would your greatest ever sportsman be one who gets to the finish line on top of an animal. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

deiseach

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 08, 2013, 11:21:29 AM
Surely your man must have a point though - only in Ireland would your greatest ever sportsman be one who gets to the finish line on top of an animal.

As opposed to, say, someone who does it as part of a team of 11/15 players?

screenexile

All 4000 of those horses must have pure class. Just watch the win yesterday for your answer.

All a matter of opinion and where you rate certain sportspeople above others in terms of the merits of their particular sport.

Harrington, DJ, O'Dricsoll, Kelly, McGuigan, Katie Taylor even would all have a claim of being Ireland's best ever sportsperson

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on November 08, 2013, 11:29:43 AM
All a matter of opinion and where you rate certain sportspeople above others in terms of the merits of their particular sport.

Harrington, DJ, O'Dricsoll, Kelly, McGuigan, Katie Taylor even would all have a claim of being Ireland's best ever sportsperson

*sharpens knives* ;)

EC Unique

I was taking you seriously until 'Katie Taylor'  ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2013, 11:41:13 AM

Out of that list, it has to be Frank McGuigan.
Not DJ Kane or Gary Kelly?