Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: Angelo on September 08, 2020, 03:56:17 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 03:29:11 PM
Did Harte not take Sean cavanagh off against Dublin in 2017 semi? And it his last game, but then they weren't related.

Maybe he wanted him to get an ovation?

He took his nephew off at half time against Antrim last year.
ye wouldn't get much of an ovation against Antrim.

RedHand88

Quote from: tiempo on September 08, 2020, 01:39:11 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 01:31:54 PM
No doubt Mickey will find a place for him anyway. He must have played every position at this stage.

Anyone read big Finbarr's article in Gaelic Life? Legend of a Gael. Maybe we need to look at his suggestion and get Niall Morgan into the front 6, excellent outfielder. And as you say a position will be found for Petey so maybe he could be the sweeper keeper / our version of Cluxton? Petey Donnelly been doing the same job for the Island so it makes sense

Are you saying put Peter Harte in nets??

rrhf

The anti petie Harte campaign. One of the most consistent performers at a very high level for 10 years. Only a blinded individual could come out with that crap.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: rrhf on September 08, 2020, 07:26:06 PM
The anti petie Harte campaign. One of the most consistent performers at a very high level for 10 years. Only a blinded individual could come out with that crap.
Exactly, 10 years, I don't disagree with you, he has been.. But that's our problem, we hang on to players because they were good in the past instead of shipping them out and building new teams with fresh talent.

Not saying we should get rid of P Harte, i'm just saying his best days may be gone

Wee Roddy

I agree. Granted he isnt the best player in the world on every occasion Tyrone have gone out but the great Jim Gavin has been willing to change things to nullify him as if that job is done Tyrone are very often beat.
If he wasn't Mickey's nephew this wouldn't be happening i suspect, but due to the inclusion of a lot of Errigal players who were not up to the required standard, people have chosen to blame Petey and it isnt his fault.

southtyronegael

Just to be clear I'm not blaming Peter Harte or any other Tyrone player for that matter. Mickey is the man that needs shifted.

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 09, 2020, 08:18:42 AM
Just to be clear I'm not blaming Peter Harte or any other Tyrone player for that matter. Mickey is the man that needs shifted.
Just to be clear, you were trying to say PH selection was due to his relationship with MH. No point starting to backtrack now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Pearse Blue

Unfortunately he decides when he wants to shift..

And he has this power because he won 3 All Ireland over a decade ago..

BennyHarp

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 09, 2020, 08:28:36 AM
Unfortunately he decides when he wants to shift..

And he has this power because he won 3 All Ireland over a decade ago..

Do you lads really think if lets say, Malachy o'Rourke or someone else got the job that they wouldn't include Peter Harte in the squad?
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Course he would be in the squad, but if he played shit he would be took off and maybe spend few games on the bench. Might do him no harm. The favouritism stinks.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 09, 2020, 01:01:32 PM
Course he would be in the squad, but if he played shit he would be took off and maybe spend few games on the bench. Might do him no harm. The favouritism stinks.

Teams rarely bench their best players regardless if whether they are playing poorly?

Have Mayo ever taken off Aidan O'Shea or Cillian O'Connor in big games where they have struggled? And there have been quite a few of those with those two players.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on September 09, 2020, 01:18:52 PM

Teams rarely bench their best players regardless if whether they are playing poorly?

Have Mayo ever taken off Aidan O'Shea or Cillian O'Connor in big games where they have struggled? And there have been quite a few of those with those two players.

They're prob related to Mickey Harte as well. His reach knows no bounds.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

nrico2006

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 09, 2020, 01:25:26 PM
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/09/09/news/is-conor-mckenna-the-only-missing-piece-for-tyrone--2060537/

Decent article, would be wise to maybe play down the return of McKenna considering.
He mentions that there are only two players from the 2013 minor side in the current squad - McShane was in that side too though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

southtyronegael

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 09, 2020, 01:53:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 09, 2020, 01:18:52 PM

They're prob related to Mickey Harte as well. His reach knows no bounds.
indeed his reach knows no bounds, right to the top of the county board it seems.