Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Ronan be big miss next week.Took shine of an impressive performance.

Tyrone11234

Moonshine

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on July 10, 2021, 06:46:13 PM
Should win the appeal

Can't lift your hand in any shape or form. Can't see it being lifted, liability when it comes to handbags always does something stupid. Another poor performance from donaghy. More space in a club game to shine. Bottled up to easy and often shoots from stupid angles which proves costly at this level. Major positive is how good mc curry is shaping up.

tyrone08

Quote from: Moonshine on July 10, 2021, 07:04:25 PM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on July 10, 2021, 06:46:13 PM
Should win the appeal

Can't lift your hand in any shape or form. Can't see it being lifted, liability when it comes to handbags always does something stupid. Another poor performance from donaghy. More space in a club game to shine. Bottled up to easy and often shoots from stupid angles which proves costly at this level. Major positive is how good mc curry is shaping up.

I agree donaghy is finding out the hard way the difference between club and county football although it's only his first handful of games. He would have benefit from mckenna Cup games and a few more league games had this been a normal year.

tyrone08

I did have a chuckle when Jim mcguinness got stuck in talking about tyrone players considering some of the antics his Donegal team got up to.

Under Lights

Dazzler and Conn Kilpatrick the big pluses today as well as return of McShane. Mckernan, sludden and mccann deserve praise also, lads that's form hasn't been great previously.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Under Lights on July 10, 2021, 09:12:35 PM
Dazzler and Conn Kilpatrick the big pluses today as well as return of McShane. Mckernan, sludden and mccann deserve praise also, lads that's form hasn't been great previously.

I'd throw big Kennedy's second half performance into that mix too. If we can get a tune out of two big lads like him and Kilpatrick at midfield it would be a huge bonus. Maybe enable us to get Matty Donnelly in closer to goal. Himself, McShane and McCurry on that form would be a handful for anyone
That was never a square ball!!

Under Lights

Very comfortable today. Professional job. Have more hope coming into a potential Donegal clash than I would have been three weeks ago. Well done all involved.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on July 10, 2021, 10:45:06 PM
Very comfortable today. Professional job. Have more hope coming into a potential Donegal clash than I would have been three weeks ago. Well done all involved.
+1

tyrone08

Watching the game again there. Mccurry got taken out just before the tyrone goal on the 41st min after he got rid of the ball. How anyone can say a push in the face is more dangerous than an off the ball shoulder from behind is beyond me

trueblue1234

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 10, 2021, 11:37:06 PM
Watching the game again there. Mccurry got taken out just before the tyrone goal on the 41st min after he got rid of the ball. How anyone can say a push in the face is more dangerous than an off the ball shoulder from behind is beyond me
It was slightly soft red card, but stupid by McNamee. Can 100% see why they gave a red card. And wouldn't have too many complaints tbh.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

NotedObserver

Thought hampsey looked more like him old self in there and Michael O'Neill worth a mention. Tougher tests ahead but good win

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 10, 2021, 11:37:06 PM

Raise it with Congress. As the rules stand today, McNamees is a red card.

southtyronegael

Much improved performance from Tyrone. No goals conceded, midfield much better, MC Shane back. Plenty of positives but will be a huge step up next day if it Donegal. Wonder would Derry do us a favour?

skeog

No Red Card imo.Be overturned surely it was a mild clip.