Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: WT4E on September 12, 2017, 01:39:33 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 10, 2017, 11:09:34 PM
Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2017, 10:52:24 PM
Quote from: jp2020 on September 10, 2017, 10:48:21 PM
Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2017, 10:25:35 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 10, 2017, 10:07:41 PM
heard today that only 4 clubs voted against harte. landslide victory for him. amazing really when u see the oppostion on internet forums. certain stipulations on his new contract though, tyrone have to send a delegate to speak to rte and his backroom team has to be reduced. i wonder who will get the chop?

That was expected before but players collectively decided not to speak...  if you're to believe that  ::)
Of course they did!! Then when the captain walks out of the changing rooms for last time he runs straight into the arms if RTE!!!

Sure just say Sean is the press Rep, he wont mind chatting to them!

his appearance now totally casts doubts on the point of this RTE ban...

I wonder is he still observing the alcohol ban and the ban on unhealthy food. I wonder is he still following the fitness programme he agreed to follow! Grow up ffs. As part of the team he observes the team etiquette, he's not part of that anymore and he clearly wants a career in the media so he'd be mad to turn down the opportunity. How long should he wait to satisfy the faceless (small) minority, who clearly have no influence in their clubs, who shout very loud on Internet forums?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0910/903692-cavanagh-dublin-win/

Interesting interview Big Sean did with RTE

If I am to believe the rumours I heard that Sean didn't like Mickey much come the end - looks like he is a relieved man that can have his say on things. Lavishing praise on Jim Gavin and below paragraph is interesting:

"What really impressed me was the way Jim Gavin was able to read us. We were beaten in almost every facet of the game. We didn't change our approach quick enough, they were so impressive in the way they closed us down. All told, it was Gavin at his meticulous best."

Compare this with Mickeys interview after the match - "no need to change"  ???

Very interesting that he is gushing in his praise for Gavin. I heard from one of the players that Harte had tried to motivate the players in the run up to the game about wiping the smug smile off Gavin's face. Harte obviously doesn't like Gavin and the praise now from Cavanagh could be seen as an indirect dig at harte.

redhandefender

Jesus lads get on with your lives such moaning! who cares

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on September 12, 2017, 02:22:48 PM
football is our lives. You obviosly don't care as long as mickey is in charge so maybe you should get a life.!

WT4E

Sorry redhanddefender I'm not calling for Mickey to go or moaning - I can accept that he's here for the next three years and thats fine - I just like to debate Tyrone GAA with like minded people - some of whom I will accept have a different opinion to mine and thats okay too.

just found the article interesting and wanted to see what other views where on it.

Do you believe your right 100% of the time and no one can have a different view to yours?

Legoman5

Why do yous think its an issue he's talkin to RTE, isnt it that Tyrone players arent talking to them and since he isnt a Tyrone player then I guess he can talk to whoever he feels?
Do people still expect Cavanagh not to play in starred fixtures next season aswel

WT4E

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 12, 2017, 03:34:36 PM
Why do yous think its an issue he's talkin to RTE, isnt it that Tyrone players arent talking to them and since he isnt a Tyrone player then I guess he can talk to whoever he feels?
Do people still expect Cavanagh not to play in starred fixtures next season aswel

Firstly i don't think its an issue that he's talking to RTE - I just think that the rhetoric that Harte uses saying the players are free to talk to RTE if they want is bullshit - obviously theres a fear factor involved and Cavanagh (rightly in my opinion) talked immediately to them after his retirement.

Secondly my main point was that I sense an under tone in Cavanaghs interview here that Tyrone had no plan B and where beaten by a shrewder manager - hardly something you would expect from departing captain so soon after a very embarrassing defeat, particularly when the manager has said the system won't change.

But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Good Luck to Mickey I hope he changes the system but it was Einstein who said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!

redhandofgod

Boys ultimately we don't have the forwards to compete with Dublin. I saw Conall McCann and Mark Bradley playing against a team up from intermediate at the weekend and they were shocking. That's 2 of our starting 15 against the dubs.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: redhandofgod on September 12, 2017, 03:56:53 PM
Boys ultimately we don't have the forwards to compete with Dublin.

I would agree with this, you still need top forwards to win All Irelands and currently they dont exist in Tyrone.  Im not sure where the really next top, match winning forward/s in Tyrone are coming from.  We seem to have abundances of running half forward types but very little options for the full forward line.  Until we unearth some forwards who can be considered to be amongst the best in Ireland, then All Ireland glory will be out of our reach.  Forwards win matches. 

Gaffer

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 12, 2017, 02:33:21 PM
football is our lives. You obviosly don't care as long as mickey is in charge so maybe you should get a life.!

Mind your own business!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 12, 2017, 05:50:39 PM

I would agree with this, you still need top forwards to win All Irelands and currently they dont exist in Tyrone.  Im not sure where the really next top, match winning forward/s in Tyrone are coming from.  We seem to have abundances of running half forward types but very little options for the full forward line.  Until we unearth some forwards who can be considered to be amongst the best in Ireland, then All Ireland glory will be out of our reach.  Forwards win matches.

Forwards playing as forwards not corner backs win matches. Tyrone forward line are not allowed to play as attacking first players.

DEL

Jeasus wept you men chat some shite!
Would love to know what you have ever managed in your lives.
Harte is Tyrones most successful manager ever and I guarantee will never be equaled. I have no doubt your shite is based on personal reasons and I wonder did Mickey not pick you as a minor? Did he drop you as an U21? Would he not sign your wee jersey? Is he the reason your cub's not a 3 time all star?
Catch a grip tyrone are competing with the best in Ireland their set up and preparation are right up there. His job is a thankless one (thanks to clampets like you) it  is a full time commitment  24/7.
Now who in under jeasus else is there out there who is  1) capable enough 2) willing 3) any better 4) able to walk away from their job/family/life and most importantly could make an actual difference???? Yes Harteis performance should be held up to scrutiny and be reviewed.......  but not by gobshites like you who's greatest input into Tyrone football is to make anonymous posts on the internet 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Tyroneforsam

How are we going to unearth a really top class full forward if we continue to use this defensive style of play particularly when it's also being used by the development squads..

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on September 12, 2017, 08:07:40 PM

How are we going to unearth a really top class full forward if we continue to use this defensive style of play particularly when it's also being used by the development squads..

Don't you understand that to "to compete with the best" you dont need to develope forwards apparently the opposition are to be convinced to stick the ball over their own bar to placate the mickey fan club on this interenet form. Anyone who dares question his methods

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game
3. has not been picked by mickey
4. has had a relative who has not been picked by mickey
5. has never managed a team in their lives
6. has personel issues with mickey.

or possibly are a little feed up with paying good money to watch their county being beaten out the gate while "competing with the best" because our great leader has decided we dont need to play with a forward line which contains players who might actually threaten the opposition goals and plays a system that does not require you to defend a deficit. Time a few people woke up and smelled the coffee or is that a hint of gravy in the air ?

BennyHarp

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 12, 2017, 10:24:59 PM

Don't you understand that to "to compete with the best" you dont need to develope forwards apparently the opposition are to be convinced to stick the ball over their own bar to placate the mickey fan club on this interenet form. Anyone who dares question his methods

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game

or possibly are a little feed up with paying good money to watch their county being beaten out the gate while "competing with the best" because our great leader has decided we dont need to play with a forward line which contains players who might actually threaten the opposition goals and plays a system that does not require you to defend a deficit. Time a few people woke up and smelled the coffee or is that a hint of gravy in the air ?

The vast majority of clubs in this county voted for Harte to stay so Bill, go you along to your local club meeting (I don't know who it is but they probably voted for Harte to stay) and tell them that you are sick of paying a few pounds to go and watch Tyrone play and that they need to wake up and smell the coffee because you believe Mickey Harte tactics are wrong. Tell them how pissed off you are and demand that they to listen to you and next time the vote for Mickey to leave comes up they should follow your advice. There's no point venting on here, nobody on here can make a difference but I'm sure, once they work out who you are, the lads in your local club will be glad to hear what you have to say.
That was never a square ball!!

tothetop03

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 12, 2017, 11:20:45 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 12, 2017, 10:24:59 PM

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game

The vast majority of clubs in this county voted for Harte to stay so Bill, go you along to your local club meeting (I don't know who it is but they probably voted for Harte to stay) and tell them that you are sick of paying a few pounds to go and watch Tyrone play and that they need to wake up and smell the coffee because you believe Mickey Harte tactics are wrong. Tell them how pissed off you are and demand that they to listen to you and next time the vote for Mickey to leave comes up they should follow your advice. There's no point venting on here, nobody on here can make a difference but I'm sure, once they work out who you are, the lads in your local club will be glad to hear what you have to say.

Serious amount of canvassing done in this area to keep Mickey by a local county board club delegate and ex fixtures chairman.....