Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrumraghAbu

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 22, 2019, 07:14:10 PM
Tiernan McCann clearly injured at the end of the first half, comes out, still unable to run properly togs out in full forward and doesn't do a tap whole second half, why did they just not take him off.

I noticed this too, however P. Hampsey was on him the whole second half so Tee Mc Cann took him out of the game completely when he went to full forward which could be seen as a good move by the management.

The Bearded One

A lot of negativity about fixtures being moved around last night. I thought the county board done well to get them played at short notice in alternative venues? Granted playing a game in Garvaghy is far from ideal but with the rainfall they obviously did not have many options available. The same people would have been complaining had the games been postponed and fixed for midweek. Fair play to Pomeroy for hosting the senior double header, not easy with a few hours notice.
It is what it is. Presumably.

LeoMc

Quote from: DrumraghAbu on September 23, 2019, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 22, 2019, 07:14:10 PM
Tiernan McCann clearly injured at the end of the first half, comes out, still unable to run properly togs out in full forward and doesn't do a tap whole second half, why did they just not take him off.

I noticed this too, however P. Hampsey was on him the whole second half so Tee Mc Cann took him out of the game completely when he went to full forward which could be seen as a good move by the management.
He also went in there at the beginning of the first half but then move out after a couple of minutes.
However, based on Hampseys performance I don't think you could say McCann took him out of the game (a bit like saying Grimes cancelled out Burns by keeping him to 3 points from play).

LeoMc

On a side note, that is some panel Coalisland have, I counted 21 subs at half time.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2019, 11:09:01 AM
On a side note, that is some panel Coalisland have, I counted 21 subs at half time.

Coalisland do well to just keep to two senior teams. They could probably field a 3rds team.

bogball88

Thats why they need the 52 seater then

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 23, 2019, 11:16:48 AM

Coalisland do well to just keep to two senior teams. They could probably field a 3rds team.

Could they enter a 3rd team into the junior division ala Ballygawley and surrounding clubs?

The Godfather

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on September 23, 2019, 09:44:59 AM
I think its fair to say last nights intermediate game was a great advertisement for things thats good in our game. Galbally worthy winners on the night but Greencastle will count themselves unlucky not to get over the line.

Two totally committed teams going hammer and tong without any handbags or bad tackles, just hard championship football.

This victory was probably the first Galbally have been tested like this all year and to be fair they came through even with a struggle.

Greencastle can content themselves on pushing them so far when no1 gave them a hope.

Coalisland and Trillick will hopefully be a cracker next weekend one would suspect the winner will come from this?

HealyhHellRaiser will yous now go for the league playoffs after an encouraging performance in the Championship?

Same management stay in place next year??? Im sure you are the man to answer ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

GlenMan

Quote from: The Godfather on September 23, 2019, 11:44:58 AM
I think its fair to say last nights intermediate game was a great advertisement for things thats good in our game. Galbally worthy winners on the night but Greencastle will count themselves unlucky not to get over the line.

Two totally committed teams going hammer and tong without any handbags or bad tackles, just hard championship football.

This victory was probably the first Galbally have been tested like this all year and to be fair they came through even with a struggle.

Greencastle can content themselves on pushing them so far when no1 gave them a hope.

Coalisland and Trillick will hopefully be a cracker next weekend one would suspect the winner will come from this?

HealyhHellRaiser will yous now go for the league playoffs after an encouraging performance in the Championship?

Same management stay in place next year??? Im sure you are the man to answer ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Paying Carl McCabe an absolute fortune but somehow manage to look completely clueless in their biggest game of the year.

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: The Godfather on September 23, 2019, 11:44:58 AM

Having lost a good few players it hasnt been easy keeping it together. We now need some sort of stability going forward, weather or not its the current management is up for discussion.

There will be a few retirements no doubt but a good few young players to blood in, in the future. Every club goes through this lads!

WT4E

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 23, 2019, 10:45:51 AM
A lot of negativity about fixtures being moved around last night. I thought the county board done well to get them played at short notice in alternative venues? Granted playing a game in Garvaghy is far from ideal but with the rainfall they obviously did not have many options available. The same people would have been complaining had the games been postponed and fixed for midweek. Fair play to Pomeroy for hosting the senior double header, not easy with a few hours notice.

Yeah I agree - deserve a bit of credit on this one. Garvaghy pitch was in great condition for the match last night and there was just enough room in the stand for a decent crowd which added to the atmosphere - thankfully there was no wind which is usually a problem up there. Only annoyance was scoreboard not on.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 23, 2019, 11:42:52 AM

Could they enter a 3rd team into the junior division ala Ballygawley and surrounding clubs?

Maybe one of the Coalisland men that post here could answer but from what I gather they could easily field a junior thirds team and it would certainly help their cause if so - not sure about a reserve team on top of that, don't even know if Errigal field a reserve junior team?

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 23, 2019, 12:16:25 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 23, 2019, 12:08:12 PM
Maybe one of the Coalisland men that post here could answer but from what I gather they could easily field a junior thirds team and it would certainly help their cause if so - not sure about a reserve team on top of that, don't even know if Errigal field a reserve junior team?

Errigal do indeed field at team in the junior reserve league and junior reserve championship, and have done so IIRC since they entered a thirds team, can't remember the year but they've also won a junior reserve championship since they started.

A few years back, Carrickmore had a thirds team but it only lasted a couple of years and had no corresponding reserve team.

Won Junior Reserve Championship last year.

Be safer having a loan system and allowing a few lads go to Brackaville to learn their trade.

Moonshine

I'm lost does surrounding clubs enter a third team aswell.

bogball88

Quote from: Moonshine on September 23, 2019, 12:21:18 PM

I'm lost does surrounding clubs enter a third team aswell.
The jokes lost on you pal