Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Gutting for them. Fair play to those players. That was some effort.

podge

Anyone else think the ref was poor? Not saying he cost cushendall, not at all. Just god dam poor?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on February 09, 2019, 05:45:24 PM
Anyone else think the ref was poor? Not saying he cost cushendall, not at all. Just god dam poor?

He was poor for both in fairness.. as he was in the televised game last week
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Ref wasn't bias one way so that's a bonus down there.
Dall will regret the lead they gave them. Mammoth effort to get back into it.
Hard luck lads
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

Was gutted for cdall today. I went to the game thinking they would be doing well to stay within 7/8 of the Galway men but by Christ they give their all.
First half they played very little but second half they give their all.
Seriously good effort from them all but that lead they give them at half time left them climbing hills.
Great second half as a neutral to watch
hurl like f**k boi!

Saffrongael

Storming second half from the Dall but actually thought they were lacking a bit of composure towards the end, think they only scored 0-1 from 50th minute to the end, about 17 mins in total. They had chances.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 10, 2019, 03:04:17 PM
Storming second half from the Dall but actually thought they were lacking a bit of composure towards the end, think they only scored 0-1 from 50th minute to the end, about 17 mins in total. They had chances.

It's times like that in a game that you (as a manager) want a time out!

Assess things and move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I don't think the ref did much wrong from where I was. Cushendall will be kicking themselves for sure as it was the one that got away!

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2019, 07:30:10 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Club_Hurling_Championship

I suspect Antrim and cushendall teams have been but am not 100% sure. Doesn't happen too often though.

Some interesting stats on that page. Watson among top scorers.

Cushendall have been beat by 5 and 6 before. Rossa and dunloy by 8. Ballygalget ran newtownshandrum to a point. Didn't realise that.

(Dunloy by 12 one year too)

And Brian Gavin kept his whistle in his pocket when their keeper clotheslined our corner forward right at the end, the big, ignorant, f**ker from Offaly.

I'm not bitter  8)

imtommygunn

I still haven't forgiven the offaly ref Padraig Horan(I think it was him) for our game against wexford the year we should have beat them with Liam Watson getting more or less assaulted by Dave Guiney every time he got the ball and barely ever getting a free then Codd putting them in front at the bitter end when the game was in the mix. Damn offaly refs...

Still really feel for Cushendall :( Such a great 2nd half performance and they must be gutted.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 11, 2019, 11:15:40 AM
I still haven't forgiven the offaly ref Padraig Horan(I think it was him) for our game against wexford the year we should have beat them with Liam Watson getting more or less assaulted by Dave Guiney every time he got the ball and barely ever getting a free then Codd putting them in front at the bitter end when the game was in the mix. Damn offaly refs...

Still really feel for Cushendall :( Such a great 2nd half performance and they must be gutted.

Yes that man shafted us that day,remember the goal disallowed for square ball. Still they brought Rory Mc Carthy into the game and we let him run amok. We also shot some bad wides.
But Horan was never gonna let us win that.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Baile an tuaigh

I was livid after that Antrim vs Wexford game. Totally shafted by the referee. Antrim should have refused to play in the following years championship in protest.  But to classy to even say anything about it. Talked to a Wexford lady after the game she was embarrassed they won said the referee wronged Antrim.

Cushendall fierce unlucky maybe if Carson was on earlier it might have made a difference.

imtommygunn

I see Ross Carr on Twitter giving out about something David Burke said to fergus mccambridge in cushendall match. Wonder what that was?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2019, 07:47:52 AM
I see Ross Carr on Twitter giving out about something David Burke said to fergus mccambridge in cushendall match. Wonder what that was?
Fella on Twitter says a fella said something about another fella.  :'(

imtommygunn

Ross Carr played football at the top level for years so I'm sure has heard plenty and seems like a decent enough sort so thought it must have been rough if he'd been on about it... If it was some random guy I'd have said that too.