We need to talk about Sean Mc

Started by TheMaster, January 06, 2019, 04:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Owenmoresider

Wasn't a bad footballer when he chose to actually play football I suppose.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on January 07, 2019, 09:46:54 AM

He will be remembered by his people . Never won an all star. Never played on a team that came to national prominence.  30 mentions on the board according to the search function. A good lot of them in FBD discussions
How much do you know about the McKenna cup or who ever featured in the McRory cup ?

He will be remembered by many people that aren't his own also because he was one of the most recognisable players in Connacht over the last number of years.

Numerous good and well known footballers have never won an all star or played in All Ireland semi final. Less searching and more watching of games would be my suggestion to you Seafoid.

Syferus

I remember a time when Seafoid seemed like he could troll people

This is just a sad imitation

Franko

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 07, 2019, 11:35:04 PM

He will be remembered by his people . Never won an all star. Never played on a team that came to national prominence.  30 mentions on the board according to the search function. A good lot of them in FBD discussions
How much do you know about the McKenna cup or who ever featured in the McRory cup ?

He will be remembered by many people that aren't his own also because he was one of the most recognisable players in Connacht over the last number of years.

Numerous good and well known footballers have never won an all star or played in All Ireland semi final. Less searching and more watching of games would be my suggestion to you Seafoid.

He's right though.  The simple fact is that he is not well known outside Connacht.  Why are you and Syferus so triggered by this?

Rossfan

Who cares what the unwashed and uninformed don't know?
Their loss.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Expecting people from other provinces to remember a Roscommon player when the province has been going through a long slump is a bit over the top, imo.
Will he get a Laochra Gael ?

There are many layers of non winners. Fans can know players from other counties who never won the big prize but I wouldn't hold it against them if they weren't au courant with Roscommon.
It's a results issue. Plus the game is hopelessly lopsided at the moment.

Maybe you could  do a survey to gauge the level of interest in players from other counties 

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orchard park

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 07, 2019, 10:54:55 AM
Wasn't a bad footballer when he chose to actually play football I suppose.

what he did to David kelly was outrageous in 2011.....

but on the whole he was a  football playing back, too loose for corner back and not fast enough for wing back at county level but got the very best out of himself and must have been a very positive influence within a panel to have lasted so long

Franko

Quote from: Franko on January 08, 2019, 07:57:57 AM

He's right though.  The simple fact is that he is not well known outside Connacht.  Why are you and Syferus so triggered by this?

Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2019, 09:50:32 AM
Who cares what the unwashed and uninformed don't know?
Their loss.

And Rossfan.

Cunny Funt

Such replies as this are aimed to trigger a response. What is he right about? That only Roscommon people will remember a player that played county football for 13 years. Or that he had to win All star or play in AI semi final to be known. This is a player has played in Connacht finals,Quarter finals,Div 1 football,has represented his province,country and won two Sigerson cup medals.

Franko

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 08, 2019, 04:54:07 PM

Such replies as this are aimed to trigger a response. What is he right about? That only Roscommon people will remember a player that played county football for 13 years. Or that he had to win All star or play in AI semi final to be known. This is a player has played in Connacht finals,Quarter finals,Div 1 football,has represented his province,country and won two Sigerson cup medals.

This is all great.  He's still not well known outside Connacht.  I don't understand why this is sending you into such a tailspin??  Nobody is speaking ill of the lad, I think we all would wish him well in his retirement.  And clearly he must have been a Roscommon stalwart.  We can start pretending we knew him if it helps?

Tubberman

Why comment on a thread to say "I never heard of him"? It's purely to wind up the Rossies.
If you never heard of him, just keep moving.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on January 09, 2019, 09:04:02 AM
Why comment on a thread to say "I never heard of him"? It's purely to wind up the Rossies.
If you never heard of him, just keep moving.
They're a bit dim up North Rubber.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM