Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 24, 2015, 10:22:26 PM
Clogher beat Owen Roes by a point in a close enough finish, will be a tough one for the OR's to take. Clogher well on top in the first half but OR's worked themselves into a 3 point lead helped by a goal a wee bit against the run of play. Thought Clogher's race was run but a great goal put them a point ahead and they just about held on, although OR's had a couple of chances to force a draw so only have themselves to blame. A meaty enough "melee" after the game as well.

Brendan Boggs was outstanding for the losers, what age would he be now? Disappointed with Cathal McShane, tried too hard at times during the match and didn't cover himself in glory after it either. McConnel outstanding for the winners.

Killyclogher great spot for the game, pitch it great order.

On holidays so didn't make game tonight. Very disappointing result from us.

Re Cathal. Possibly a good example of the starred games problem i.e. lack of games.

He has had 30 minutes of football since 6th June and I think he only started to train with us again this week. No excuses and well done to Clogher but I know we were a bit surprised we got fired in to play a Cship game after no football for 6 weeks.

What happened after the game?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Brendy was in the 2004 minor squad so he'd be 29ish.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 25, 2015, 06:34:05 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on July 24, 2015, 10:22:26 PM
Clogher beat Owen Roes by a point in a close enough finish, will be a tough one for the OR's to take. Clogher well on top in the first half but OR's worked themselves into a 3 point lead helped by a goal a wee bit against the run of play. Thought Clogher's race was run but a great goal put them a point ahead and they just about held on, although OR's had a couple of chances to force a draw so only have themselves to blame. A meaty enough "melee" after the game as well.

Brendan Boggs was outstanding for the losers, what age would he be now? Disappointed with Cathal McShane, tried too hard at times during the match and didn't cover himself in glory after it either. McConnel outstanding for the winners.

Killyclogher great spot for the game, pitch it great order.

On holidays so didn't make game tonight. Very disappointing result from us.

Re Cathal. Possibly a good example of the starred games problem i.e. lack of games.

He has had 30 minutes of football since 6th June and I think he only started to train with us again this week. No excuses and well done to Clogher but I know we were a bit surprised we got fired in to play a Cship game after no football for 6 weeks.

What happened after the game?

Yeah I think you and Clogher were definitely hard done by having a championship game fired at youse at the end of a supposed 2 week break for holidays. And now a league game on Sunday too? Good point too about Cathal McShane as well probably was trying too hard as oakleaf said as he hadn't been around much this year for Owen Roes. Did you have a change of management a few weeks ago or was that just rumours?

Norf Tyrone

In fairness Clogher have played twice since we last had a game.

Nah. No change in management. Hadn't heard that rumour.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 25, 2015, 08:14:26 AM
In fairness Clogher have played twice since we last had a game.

Nah. No change in management. Hadn't heard that rumour.

Yeah right enough sorry they did have! It probably would have made sense to have played that preliminary round game back in May with the senior and intermediate? Management change was just that then - a rumour. You had a good run the 2nd half of last years league so maybe all not lost though a big blow to go out of the championship nonetheless.

The Bearded One

Enjoyable game last night, I thought McShane was marked very well by Clogher and he didn't influence the game at all. Clogher's 2 corner forwards, the 2 Shields, were excellent. Didn't see what happened at the end as was heading out the gate.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Bearded One on July 25, 2015, 09:11:24 PM
Enjoyable game last night, I thought McShane was marked very well by Clogher and he didn't influence the game at all. Clogher's 2 corner forwards, the 2 Shields, were excellent. Didn't see what happened at the end as was heading out the gate.

Nothing from play for Cathal tells the tale of their making job.

Wee Roddy

:) :)A bit of a partisan report on the Carmen v Strabane game in the Herald today. My source had the wide count at 16-7 in Carmens favour with Strabanes keeper being the man of the match!!

Soup an Samajiz

division 2 league table looking ridiculously tight at the minute, 1 point separating 8 teams
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

WT4E

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 27, 2015, 01:16:09 PM
division 2 league table looking ridiculously tight at the minute, 1 point separating 8 teams

Looks like the top 3 breaking away a small bit though - Edendork should win their game in hand tomorrow night leaving them top by a point but the league could be in Kildress' hands with them still to play Edendork and Galbally in the coming weeks.

Still surprised by how poor Kildress where in the championship considering their league form.

winghalfback

Was there a big of a fracas at the dromore clonoe game yesterday or was it something in nothing have heard a few different reports on my rounds this morning

Tommo2

Quote from: winghalfback on July 27, 2015, 01:37:08 PM
Was there a big of a fracas at the dromore clonoe game yesterday or was it something in nothing have heard a few different reports on my rounds this morning

Come on now!! Dromore wouldn't get involved in a fracas. It was probably more of a melee.

Soup an Samajiz

just informed all club fixtures off next week, this weeks to go ahead but weekend of the 8th/9th August all off
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

time ticking away

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 28, 2015, 11:56:29 AM
just informed all club fixtures off next week, this weeks to go ahead but weekend of the 8th/9th August all off
Are you sure about this. No word of it on county website
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

WT4E

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 28, 2015, 11:56:29 AM

Not sure this is correct nut I had heard that Edendork were complaining about not having their county players for a starred game against Kildress - Hardly fair to start complaining about it now when they knew what the starred games where from start of the season!