Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Really enjoyed tonight's game.Clonoe were brilliant in the first 20 mins and took some cracking scores.Looked like they would win comfortably but Dromore showed their never say die attitude and finished very strongly.Ricey is still a hugely influential figure as is McCullagh.McCusker hit some lovely scores and was a real handful for the Clonoe defence.Dromore would have to be fancied to go all the way now.

scout

any antics from clonoe after the game? many fights/hard hits? and can someone explain this boot story!! who was involved?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gaffer on August 10, 2014, 10:27:07 PM
Boot incident?

Another McCartan/ paul Donnelly Ulster Final 1994?
It happened right in front of the linesman too, surely he should have been drawing it to the referees attention?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

maco

Niall Sludden was soloing down the wing in front of the Clonoe dugout. He lost his boot and was running back to retrieve it, but one of the Clonoe backroom team picked it up and threw it into the field behind the stand.

bmr

the boy who did it shit himself then when people give him abuse

bigtogs

After seeing Omagh today am not sure about them... they struggled at times today against a eglish team with very little quality in the final third... I think they would struggle with the likes of Dromores intensity when push would come to shove but they are still there in the semi final they would be looking to avoid dromore I would say...

hugh the root

County board must have gathered up about £60000 tonight. biggest attendance in years ! Interesting to know how much was lifted!

bmr

HealyHellRaiser

Omagh with a great win yesterday. Few men thinking we would struggle with the mc kennas then when we win its no big deal. To be far the level of intensity in the dro/clo match in that 2nd half was something to behold. Dromores workrate in the forwards and their turnover count was class. Still fancy us to win it only if we can avoid Dromore. Will final be played in Healy if Omagh get to the show piece?

hugh the root

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on August 11, 2014, 09:16:14 AM
Omagh with a great win yesterday. Few men thinking we would struggle with the mc kennas then when we win its no big deal. To be far the level of intensity in the dro/clo match in that 2nd half was something to behold. Dromores workrate in the forwards and their turnover count was class. Still fancy us to win it only if we can avoid Dromore. Will final be played in Healy if Omagh get to the show piece?
Micky Kerr has the final booked for Carrickmore so he must think that his own club are not capable of reaching the final!Would it be remiss of me to ask how many GBPs were collected  at the turnstiles last evening?I seen Ulster Council coats and Tyrone Co Board coats and I am completely baffled as to who claimed the loot;all I know it was nt the Root.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: hugh the root on August 11, 2014, 09:33:01 AM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on August 11, 2014, 09:16:14 AM
Micky Kerr has the final booked for Carrickmore so he must think that his own club are not capable of reaching the final!Would it be remiss of me to ask how many GBPs were collected  at the turnstiles last evening?I seen Ulster Council coats and Tyrone Co Board coats and I am completely baffled as to who claimed the loot;all I know it was nt the Root.
Is there any call for half the officials from the county board who were there last night? Micky Kerr may be right in thinking Carmen wont get to the final but would anyone seriously complain if the final was in Carrickmore? Im not bragging but the grounds are in some shape at the minute and i do believe you get out of it as quick as Omagh. It will never happen though i realise (obviously because we will be in it). Incidentially Omagh played a home final in 2005 and our supporters outnumbered them easily so it doesnt make a difference really.

bigtogs

Reality kicking in this morning  disappointment is a understatemen.... was in Fintona and carrickmore yesterday with the amount of rain there was yesterday morning both pitches whers a credit to both clubs.... even though we where beat I am emencely proud that the two champoonship games we played this year where two of the most thrilling games seen in tyrone for years....I hope the rest of the championship is as good...... Carrickmore is the best venue for  cbampionship football by a country mile...

blewuporstuffed

I agree, carrickmore is a great championship venue.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Bearded One

Great facilities in Carrickmore, the pitch surface a credit to those who look after it. Only thing missing is a decent scoreboard.

Thoroughly enjoyed last nights game, draw would have been a fair result but fair play to Dromore for getting over the line. There was some heroic defending during the game from both sides, it was a very physical game.

It is what it is. Presumably.

blewuporstuffed

The intensity of the tackling from both sides was the thing that stood out for me, ferocious at times.
Proper championship football, and a very enjoyable contest.