Whats your thoughts on this???? We nearly let it slip by unnoticed.

Started by longballin, September 04, 2014, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Sam McBride is perfect for the News Letter. Runs around pursuing strories with the only criteria necessary that they bash nationalists in some way. Typifies owc siege mentality.

This is exactly what McGinn said, an utter non-story. I'll be very disappointed if we aren't all bigger than Sam McBride in recognising it as such.

Its just a bit of a pity that Feeny, if it was his wont to join, appears to have been intimidated out of it.

theticklemister

T Fearon

Saw the story myself. Sure what's the difference between this and Senior GAA Officials dining with Her Majesty over at Windsor Castle and hearing her telling yarns about Hurling?

longballin

Sam mc Bride didn't write a lie did he so how is it a non story?

BennyHarp

I couldn't give a shit.
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2014, 03:35:39 PM
Saw the story myself. Sure what's the difference between this and Senior GAA Officials dining with Her Majesty over at Windsor Castle and hearing her telling yarns about Hurling?

None. Towards a 32 country republic.

rrhf

I thought a little about this.   Quite obviously an attempt to introduce the impossible and damn right improbable type to pro gaelic values way of thinking and it has fell short. Perhaps they were right to reject the GAA man.  In the war they never criticise a man for going behind enemy lines,,, Perhaps he wasn't wanted for his Gaa views but I also wonder who pushed this story to the press for some reason... and theres always a reason.   
Wouldnt have thought the Ulster reform club leaked it as it makes them look very conservative in the modern era... .which in many ways they are anyway.

Itchy