TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Ripley (the talented Mr variety, not Aliens)  on Netflix is excellent, very measured and classy. Onto the last of 8 episodes. Andrew Scott has got a great death stare.

gallsman

BBC making two more seasons of the terrific The Night Manager. Will be interesting to see what they come up with without any Le Carre source material.

Silver hill

Quote from: bennydorano on April 10, 2024, 11:52:30 PMRipley (the talented Mr variety, not Aliens)  on Netflix is excellent, very measured and classy. Onto the last of 8 episodes. Andrew Scott has got a great death stare.

Loved every second of it. Beautifully shot.

Tony Baloney

Any early adopters for Fallout. I've read some big reviews for it. Need to finish Ripley tonight then straight into it.

LC

Anyone watching Sugar on Apple?

Watched a couple of episodes last night, hard to know what to think of it.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2024, 09:50:24 PMAny early adopters for Fallout. I've read some big reviews for it. Need to finish Ripley tonight then straight into it.

It was decent, middle of the road.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 15, 2024, 04:21:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2024, 09:50:24 PMAny early adopters for Fallout. I've read some big reviews for it. Need to finish Ripley tonight then straight into it.

I'm already losing interest 2 episodes in. It's getting a bit silly.

RedHand88

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2024, 04:41:54 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 15, 2024, 04:21:22 PM

I'm already losing interest 2 episodes in. It's getting a bit silly.

It's Fallout. It requires a bitof suspension of disbelief on the part of the viewer.
Watched the first one. Decent. Will watch episode 2 tonight maybe

tbrick18

Watched the first couple of episodes, not bad so far.

AustinPowers

Has anyone watched any  of This Town on BBC 1?

I caught a few minutes of it  a while back. There seemed to be an  1970's Irish/Republican  link through  it.

Just wondered if it was worth  making the effort?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 15, 2024, 07:36:33 PMHas anyone watched any  of This Town on BBC 1?

I caught a few minutes of it  a while back. There seemed to be an  1970's Irish/Republican  link through  it.

Just wondered if it was worth  making the effort?

We were under the impression it was music based and also as a result was expecting a better soundtrack. Took us a while to realize it wasn't going that way lol. Has a music and as you say republican link. It's better than ok but not superb imo. This is probably of no help at all 🤓

JimStynes

Baby Reindeer on Netflix is very good.