The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Very tired performance today but got the 3 points. Hopefully some of the injured lads will be back soon.

gallsman

82 points from the last 84 available is pretty special.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hound on December 29, 2019, 06:06:56 PM
VAR got both decisions spot on.

The offside rule should be changed though to give more advantage to the attacking team. Mane had a great header ruled out a couple of games ago for being a centimetre offside.

I think the offside was wrong but var seems to have unintentionally redefined offside rules so the attacker doesn't have the advantage. In the context of how var works it was correct(and this has counted against Liverpool this season too) and for consistency I don't see how they change that mid season anyway.

Var is a bag of shite though in general.

thebuzz

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 29, 2019, 09:05:20 PM

The offside rule should be changed though to give more advantage to the attacking team. Mane had a great header ruled out a couple of games ago for being a centimetre offside.

I think the offside was wrong but var seems to have unintentionally redefined offside rules so the attacker doesn't have the advantage. In the context of how var works it was correct(and this has counted against Liverpool this season too) and for consistency I don't see how they change that mid season anyway.

If VAR hadn't been in place today and things had gone the same way Liverpool would have lost one nil.

laoislad

Quote from: thebuzz on December 29, 2019, 10:33:59 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 29, 2019, 09:05:20 PM

If VAR hadn't been in place today and things had gone the same way Liverpool would have lost one nil.
Ridiculous thing to say.
Even if Liverpool had gone in 1 down at half time they still had a whole second half to win the game.
It would have been a completely different second half to what we saw if they had been losing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 29, 2019, 06:31:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 29, 2019, 06:27:52 PM
Another win for the World Champions. :D
Tired enough performance but deserved in the end.

Job done! Wolves are a good tough side and were very unlucky with the VAR call on their goal.

Phenomenal run!
Wolves are a tough side alright. The Away game in Molineux will be our toughest game of the January fixtures imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on December 29, 2019, 10:48:55 PM

Job done! Wolves are a good tough side and were very unlucky with the VAR call on their goal.

Phenomenal run!
Wolves are a tough side alright. The Away game in Molineux will be our toughest game of the January fixtures imo.

+1

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 29, 2019, 10:51:25 PM

Phenomenal run!

+1

Yeah they'll be sore from today and feel hard done by. Hopefully we'll have gandered a few more wins and be sitting comfortably on the top still. Hard to believe we are sitting so far ahead. I still don't want to believe it till the trophy is sitting in Anfield. Really don't want to have dreams busted again...

From the Bunker

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 29, 2019, 10:56:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 29, 2019, 10:51:25 PM

Phenomenal run!

+1

Yeah they'll be sore from today and feel hard done by. Hopefully we'll have gandered a few more wins and be sitting comfortably on the top still. Hard to believe we are sitting so far ahead. I still don't want to believe it till the trophy is sitting in Anfield. Really don't want to have dreams busted again...

I Honestly thought that with the WCC in Qatar and the quick fire difficult fixtures, City would gain ground on us over the Festive Season.

BennyCake

Liverpool riding their luck lately. All big decisions going their way.

Still, don't think it's going to matter much. Title is secured already.

Boycey

Liverpool's form line is ridiculous as someone pointed out earlier and sooner or later it's gotta falter but even if it does there is nothing to suggest that City can go on the kind of winning streak needed to put any kind of pressure on them....

Home and hosed....

J70

I think they got it right, based on the technology everyone signed on to, but I'm still skeptical about these mm offside decisions and the margin of error they're based on. They're doing the ultra fine lines to see who is farthest forward, which is fine, but how accurately are they pinpointing when the pass is made?

The Van Dijk handball one, from the main camera view, there did not appear to be any change in the movement or trajectory of the ball, so unless other angles show contact, I don't see what all the crying is about.

johnnycool

Quote from: Boycey on December 30, 2019, 12:50:37 AM
Liverpool's form line is ridiculous as someone pointed out earlier and sooner or later it's gotta falter but even if it does there is nothing to suggest that City can go on the kind of winning streak needed to put any kind of pressure on them....

Home and hosed....

I think so too.

Liverpool can afford to lose two, maybe three games and still win at a canter.

City have dropped off

Get the bus ready for May time.

Ambrose

"Liverpool fans will be unbearable if they win the league"

I plan on being unbearable while we win the league.
You can't live off history and tradition forever