Cheating

Started by heganboy, March 24, 2009, 02:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

having had a look through the lance armstrong there seems to be a real venom shown by most posters towards those who use steroids/ drugs to train as the consensus seems to be that this is a despicable form of cheating.

I think I wanted to see how offended people were by different types of cheating. For example,

• it is cheating to feign an injury towards the end of the game to run out the clock
  • it is cheating to take more than 4 steps
  • it is cheating to dive for a free
  • it is cheating to pull an opponent en route to a ball
  • it is cheating to push an opponent when going for a high ball
  • it is cheating to try to get another play sent off when no foul has been committed
  • it is cheating to feign another player striking
  • it is cheating to use anabolic steroids to train longer and harder to prepare for a season

all of these have taken place in inter-county play yet the reaction to each is vastly different, why is it that  the reaction to drugs is so harsh?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The GAA

Quote from: heganboy on March 24, 2009, 02:13:50 PM
having had a look through the lance armstrong there seems to be a real venom shown by most posters towards those who use steroids/ drugs to train as the consensus seems to be that this is a despicable form of cheating.

I think I wanted to see how offended people were by different types of cheating. For example,

• it is cheating to feign an injury towards the end of the game to run out the clock
  • it is cheating to take more than 4 steps
  • it is cheating to dive for a free
  • it is cheating to pull an opponent en route to a ball
  • it is cheating to push an opponent when going for a high ball
  • it is cheating to try to get another play sent off when no foul has been committed
  • it is cheating to feign another player striking
  • ?it is cheating to use anabolic steroids to train longer and harder to prepare for a season

all of these have taken place in inter-county play yet the reaction to each is vastly different, why is it that  the reaction to drugs is so harsh?[/b]

do you know something we don't?

illdecide

Does cheating on your girlfriend whilst on drugs count?

As for the rest of your list i don't do any of it so i'm clean and pure and don't cheat. (i know there's not many of us left)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

YogiBear

Agree with cheating 100% if you dont get caught

heganboy

Quote from: The GAA on March 24, 2009, 02:18:53 PM
do you know something we don't?

possibly- but I'm not sure to which point you're referring- if any

The GAA

The one in bold....

heganboy

Do you think that no inter county player has ever used steroids?

illdecide

I was only messin there but i would say there is not a GAA player out there club or county that could say they haven't done a few of those...when you put it like that it certainly minimizes the drug cheating. Personally i wouldn't take drugs to improve myself and i don't really care if my team mates or opponents did either...it's their body and they can do as they see fit
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Galwaybhoy

In fairness you cant compare a tug of the jersey to taking illegal drugs to improve performance.

Any player caught taking performance enhancing drugs should get a long term (at least two or three year) ban from playing Gaelic Games.

The GAA

Quote from: heganboy on March 24, 2009, 02:31:46 PM
Do you think that no inter county player has ever used steroids?

No i don't think that but.....

Do you know that one definitely has?

heganboy

mrsandman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 24, 2009, 02:47:55 PM
In fairness you cant compare a tug of the jersey to taking illegal drugs to improve performance.

Any player caught taking performance enhancing drugs should get a long term (at least two or three year) ban from playing Gaelic Games.

Maybe if it was professional
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

ziggysego

As Frankie Boyle once said:

There should be two competitions for each sports. One for those who don't take drugs and one for those who are stupid enough to pump themselves full of drugs to run the 100 metres in 2 seconds.
Testing Accessibility

under the bar

the C word isn't used much nowawdays.  "gaining an unfair advantage" is the much preferred option

longball

is not cheating when you put peaunt butter on ur testicles and let ur dog lick it off..... u know cause its ur dog  :-\ ???
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0