Caitlyn Jenner to get Arthur Ashe espy for courage

Started by Gmac, July 10, 2015, 12:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

I see Caitlyn is getting the Arthur Ashe award at the espys  for courage ,surely there is someone somewhere in sports who has overcome an illness or tragedy that deserves it more.
I think there are far more courageous athletes out there and espn should do some homework and find them, every move he/she has made has been calculated to maximise exposure and money making opportunities.

J70

This was big news in the states about six weeks ago, but people moved on pretty quick. There was a girl with terminal cancer who trained and lined out for her college basketball team who many felt was more deserving. Perhaps so, but I don't see how anyone can deny that what Jenner has done, whether you approve or not, is courageous.

AZOffaly

I can't believe Lauren Hill (the basketball player you mention didn't get it). The absolute epitome of courage under a terrible fate. ~Much like our own Donal Walsh here in Ireland.

What Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner did in publicising her transformation is courageous in a sense, but I don't think there any comparison with what Lauren Hill did.