Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

The wee girlie thing from the No 3 ruined the game. In the melting pot other than that

Either punch a fella and get a red or stay away from a man's head....I don't understand it
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tyrone11234

Suprised he didn't punch him like the rest of his teammates did- great to see the thugs beat

Gold

Even compare  the Managers before the match....Fossa manager with humour and smiles laughing away

Then the Clarkes manager asked if they'll be ultra defensive due to Clifford's responded dead serious with a frown:

"No, That's only levelled at us because we're from Tyrone, we'll play football"

No humour, no "we tried to tell the Cliffords the game had been moved to Parnell Park"

As someone who works on and off in Dublin for years they see us as humourless, serious heads and football wise they think Tyrone are prickly,  always have a persecution complex, thugs who are humourless.

As they naturally turn off from the North on the News the only time they hear us in many cases is through Sport.....its actually a bigger issue as its going to be a factor in a Unity referendum.

We need a charm offensive at all levels.....mad as this sounds

Before everyone gets prickly with your backs up, actually think about it. I'll be in Dublin in the morning and lads will be going on about the same shite as always about that game today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

WT4E

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 15, 2023, 07:17:25 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 15, 2023, 06:51:35 PM
Like others on here had got trapped into shouting for Tintown. Then seeing the actions at the end of the match brought back memories of games against them ending the same. Spitting, dirt blows all the usual stuff.

Galbally showed class afterwards.

Both teams defeated and both with outside managers maybe inside men would have got them across the line.

Laughable post. Talking as if you knew both teams and then making that gaff about the stewartstown managers

I didn't make a gaff.....

Peter Armour is Cookstown Fr Rocks is he not?

Jimbop

Should the GAA not intervene to protect the integrity of clubs championships by defining what should constitute a junior and intermediate club rather than letting the individual county boards decide.

Looking at Kerry there's 7 divisions and their "intermediate" champs are top half of division 1 and their "junior" champs are division 4.

Surely that's not right. Tyrone do it the right way. The top 1/3 of clubs are senior championship next 1/3 intermediate then 1/3 is junior.

trailer

Quote from: LeoMc on January 15, 2023, 04:00:10 PM
No29 running round looking a fight after the final whistle
If he put as much effort into training.

Him with a pair of glasses on. Looks like he uses gravy as a recovery drink. So shite he can't even get on a junior team. Was mortified for him.

Jim Bob

Quote from: WT4E on January 15, 2023, 08:26:25 PM
Like others on here had got trapped into shouting for Tintown. Then seeing the actions at the end of the match brought back memories of games against them ending the same. Spitting, dirt blows all the usual stuff.

Both teams defeated and both with outside managers maybe inside men would have got them across the line.

Laughable post. Talking as if you knew both teams and then making that gaff about the stewartstown managers

Stewartstown man as is Smyth

WT4E

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 15, 2023, 09:23:54 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 15, 2023, 08:26:25 PM

Stewartstown man as is Smyth

Peter Armour is Cookstown Fr Rocks

Jim Bob

sidelineball

Think he did play for Cookstown at one stage alright. No coverage from teamtalk?

giveherlong

Quote from: sidelineball on January 15, 2023, 09:47:41 PM
Think he did play for Cookstown at one stage alright. No coverage from teamtalk?
What more coverage do you want?
The whole thing was live on TG4
Available to watch back on the player if you missed anything

square_ball

Quote from: sidelineball on January 15, 2023, 09:47:41 PM

He played in his youth days but played all his senior football with Stewartstown since 20 odd years ago. It's stretching it to say he's an outside manager.

sidelineball

Sorry I see they interviewed a Stewartstown player. No mention of Galbally

Tyrone Gaa

I Think rather than Stewartstown letting down the county it was Coyle who let his club down when the game was in the melting pot and in turn contributed to others to take a free hit at Tyrone football today. I hope the GAA throw the book at him and gets a lengthy ban.

Manies for example was an absolute credit going toe to toe with Clifford as chief score getter!

Tyrone club football does have disciplinary issues and we need to address that from within. Commiserations to Stewartstown and Galbally today.
Living the dream!!!