American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Very good. I'd say the lad that leaked the cover of that book '19-0, story of the perfect Patriots' is currently attempting to remove Bill Bellichek's shoe from his back passage :D

magickingdom

one heading in new york '18 wins and 1 giant loss'  ;D

Carmen Stateside

What a weekend  :) Just back from the ticker tape parade, what a sight it was too :o  What a great game it turned out to be with the Giants Defence standing out, and what about the catch from Tyree, actually that whole drive at the end will be remembered for a long time! Go Big Blue ;D

Puckoon

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 05, 2008, 10:19:55 PM
What a weekend  :) Just back from the ticker tape parade, what a sight it was too :o  What a great game it turned out to be with the Giants Defence standing out, and what about the catch from Tyree, actually that whole drive at the end will be remembered for a long time! Go Big Blue ;D

I thought I saw an eejit in a Carrickmore shirt on ESPN.
Anyways, lent is here, no more sports betting for Puck. :-\ On a brighter note, signed off tonight with a 6 teamer for 20$ parlay that will be returning 820$ in the morning! Like Hannibal says -"I love it when a plan (finallly after many failed attempts) comes together. God Bless College basketball - and Rocky top Tennessee.

Gabriel_Hurl

Shaq to the Suns for Shawn Marion if ESPN is to be believed

thejuice

Quote from: magickingdom on February 05, 2008, 07:41:15 PM
.....kinda like all ireland sunday!

Yeah, especially with Hugh Heffner and the bunnies, do often see em on the Hogan for the Meath games....... :D
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

lfdown2

lads re the london game, any of you head last year?

whats the chances of getting tickets on nfl uk when you preregister if yous know

AZOffaly

There was quite a few GAA Board lads there last year. I think I counted 6 or 7 at one stage from the posts coming up to it.

By rights, and the laws of supply and demand, there's no way we should all have gotten tickets based on 500,000 applications. Maybe we were all lucky, or maybe they overstated the demand. I think everyone on this board was a member of nfluk.com by the way.

Hopefully we'll all get them again, as the demand might be a little less this year, after last year and with the promise of 2009 and 2010 as well.

Minder

My missus has told me i am not going this time as it cost a fortune the last time but i will be there if i get a ticket, it may come down to choosing between the All Ireland Hurling weekend and the NFL game........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

AZ, id have thought with the success of this season (as a whole) and the thrilling climax (try not to giggle) that the demand this season will be high?

AZOffaly

It could be Puckoon, but there was a huge novelty factor last year, and the fact that no one was sure if/when it would be back again.

I'm sure there will still be a high demand, but I suspect it may be a little softer this year.

Puckoon

Fair enough - my cousin has a season pass for the 49ers, and Ive been promised a couple of tickets for a game of my choice. Not sure if I should wait a few more years.

On another note, people from omagh have been called Biffos before.

AZOffaly

QuoteOn another note, people from omagh have been called Biffos before.

Well that's just piggybacking, we are the BIFFOS.

I was a season ticket holder with the Cardinals. How's that for dedication :D

Although it had it's benefits. At least I got to see the last ever TD pass from Steve Young to Jerry Rice, just before Aneas Williams gave Young his final and decisive concussion. It was a Monday night game at Sun Devil Stadium.

The Claw

Is the probowl on tonight does anyone know and what time?

Gabriel_Hurl