American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

celtics doing well, lakers showing great form this season also. kobe playing like a team man, sharing the load. christmas day against the suns was as good a lakers performance as ive seen in a while.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quotewhat an organisation

who cheat

J70

Quote from: Puckoon on January 03, 2008, 10:42:56 AM
celtics doing well, lakers showing great form this season also. kobe playing like a team man, sharing the load. christmas day against the suns was as good a lakers performance as ive seen in a while.

Spare a thought for us Knicks fans!

Gabriel_Hurl

Cam Cameron of the Miami Dolphins = sacked

thejuice

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 03, 2008, 03:03:27 PM

Bill Parcells is going to bring in his own people, thats how he works. I think he can turn them around quickly, just gutted he didnt go to the Falcons. Brian Billick getting the boot was a surprise though a 9-game losing streak is horrendous in any sport, there was a severe disiplinary meltdown and Ray Lewis did openly criticise him. So i guess i shouldnt have been so surprised
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 03, 2008, 01:18:34 PM

who cheat

who optimise opportunities. the pats are class...

Gabriel_Hurl

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2008, 01:32:55 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 03, 2008, 10:42:56 AM

Spare a thought for us Knicks fans!

I know! Did you see what Isiah Thomas said last night. He said that he was going to take the knicks to a Nba title and that he would be there for it! ::)
He has turned the Knicks into the biggest laughing stock in the NBA ffs!

FIRE ISIAH!!

FL/MAYO

Quote from: thejuice on January 03, 2008, 04:10:25 PM

Bill Parcells is going to bring in his own people, thats how he works. I think he can turn them around quickly, just gutted he didnt go to the Falcons. Brian Billick getting the boot was a surprise though a 9-game losing streak is horrendous in any sport, there was a severe disiplinary meltdown and Ray Lewis did openly criticise him. So i guess i shouldnt have been so surprised

They will probabily trade Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas for a couple of draft picks, it is going to be a long rebuilding job down here.

Minder

Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 03, 2008, 11:02:41 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 03, 2008, 04:10:25 PM

They will probabily trade Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas for a couple of draft picks, it is going to be a long rebuilding job down here.

Dont think you would get much for Zach Thomas, they will probably trade down from the #1 spot in the draft.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GY Joe

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 03, 2008, 01:18:34 PM

who cheat

Gabriel, obviously more qualified people than you think that the issue is/has been blown out of all proportion. Commensurate with the stratospheric standing of New England in the NFL is the critiscism they get when they fu3k up. Especially from the media... Who dislike Bellichek intensely. However, that and spygate did not stop them from voting him coach of the year last night..

So maybe you can acknowledge that there is no question of them having cheated their way to 16-0 this season.  Maybe you wont, do we care.. No. It must be killing you though, big time. Now that thought is amusing... ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

blown out of all proportion or not - they did cheat

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80251b7e&template=with-video&confirm=true

QuoteNEW YORK -- Roger Goodell's hard line on discipline, aimed so far at players, came down this time on a coach and a team.

New England coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

The commissioner also ordered the team to give up next year's first-round draft choice if it reaches the playoffs and second- and third-round picks if it doesn't. If the Patriots lose their first-rounder next season they still will have a first-round pick, obtained from San Francisco in the deal that brought Moss from Oakland.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

Reached at his home, Patriots owner Robert Kraft declined to comment.

The videotaping came to light after a camera was confiscated from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella while he was on the New York Jets' sideline during New England's 38-14 win last Sunday at Giants Stadium.

GY Joe

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 04, 2008, 01:19:41 PM
blown out of all proportion or not - they did cheat

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80251b7e&template=with-video&confirm=true

QuoteNEW YORK -- Roger Goodell's hard line on discipline, aimed so far at players, came down this time on a coach and a team.

New England coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

The commissioner also ordered the team to give up next year's first-round draft choice if it reaches the playoffs and second- and third-round picks if it doesn't. If the Patriots lose their first-rounder next season they still will have a first-round pick, obtained from San Francisco in the deal that brought Moss from Oakland.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

Reached at his home, Patriots owner Robert Kraft declined to comment.

The videotaping came to light after a camera was confiscated from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella while he was on the New York Jets' sideline during New England's 38-14 win last Sunday at Giants Stadium.

Not arguing that they were the first to be sanctioned for videotaping. They were caught cheating at halftime in the Jets game, the first game of the season.
Obviously, they have not used taping since. So the 16-0 is clean cut dominance - can you acknowledge that at least...

Minder

Selections for weekend in bold -

Washington Redskins at Seattle Seahawks - Redskins Redskins are playing their best football at the right time.
Jacksonville Jaguars at Pittsburgh Steelers -  Jaguars Doubt if Steelers can stop Taylor & Jones- Drew

New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccanneers - Giants If Manning plays smart they should win.
Tennessee Titans at San Diego Chargers - Chargers Too many weapons, no offense for Titans.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Seahawks - are 7 and 1 at home this season
I think the Jags as well - too much running

Giants - are 7 and 1 on the road this season
Chargers - just cos