American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

200 a little too much for me, just did a 50$ 4 team parlay, which stood to earn 550$, had the cowboys not been such arseholes. What made it worse was the fact that it was the first game of the ticket that let me down, I didnt even get a good rush out of it, and I HATE the cowboys.

Such is gambling!

Nice bet DH, where are you based?

SammyG

Another unbelievable performance by the Pats. Whether or not Brady is the greatest QB ever, might still be open for debate but I think the tag of greatest team ever is now decided.

AZOffaly

Hi All,

Back to College Bowls for a moment, I've created a group in Yahoo Sports (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl) to pick the College Bowl Games this Christmas. Just log in and 'join a group' the league ID is 22725 Password is sundevils.

Cheers

heganboy

Sammy, calm down, they're not there yet (but they are showing all the signs) unbeaten season required for greatest team ever. Afc championship game will be the crunch of the season. Interesting to see how the colts respond to their beatin earlier in the season.

And how good was that trick play?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

dec

GalwayBayBoy

Would be interseting alright if the Pats were to go the regular season 16-0 (which they almost certainly will now) and yet slip up somewhere in the playoffs or in the Superbowl itself.

FL/MAYO

I heard it will be the biggest points spread ever when the Patriots play the Dolphins in a couple of weeks.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on December 10, 2007, 02:04:33 AM
200 a little too much for me, just did a 50$ 4 team parlay, which stood to earn 550$, had the cowboys not been such arseholes. What made it worse was the fact that it was the first game of the ticket that let me down, I didnt even get a good rush out of it, and I HATE the cowboys.

Such is gambling!

Nice bet DH, where are you based?

I am in Chicago. I was already up 130 on a 50 - 2 team parlay so the most I would loose would have been 70. Now my nephews will get some nice christmas presents along with their Uncle ;).

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 10, 2007, 09:29:28 AM
Hi All,

Back to College Bowls for a moment, I've created a group in Yahoo Sports (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl) to pick the College Bowl Games this Christmas. Just log in and 'join a group' the league ID is 22725 Password is sundevils.

Cheers

Do you need to have a yahoo account to join this? Id like to give it a go.

stew

I have brady in fantasy football, him and the packer defence have me in the playoffs and this league was 200.00 to get in.  ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

f**k the Cowboys, really wanted the Lions to have a break through but they've regressed in the last 6 weeks. need some O-line men. Kitna's a good QB and Calvin Johnson is a great WR, just need to give JK some more time.

Still Cowboys are a great team, has to be said. If they're down by less than a TD with 2 mins on the clock Romo is the man to get it done. Nothing phases him. Even with TO having a quiet game, Jason Whitten is well able to pick up the load. And Jones at RB is well able to move it on the ground.

As for the Pats, they're rigt now up there with the 70's Steelers, 80's SF49ers and 90's Cowboys. But if they go undefeated to a SB win, yes they will be the best ever.

Also Bobby Petrino quit the Falcons last night. Didnt even see out his first season in the NFL. They're are well and truely fucked.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 01, 2007, 08:15:13 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 30, 2007, 11:22:57 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 30, 2007, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 30, 2007, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 30, 2007, 09:09:11 AM
I passed out, did my best to stay awake but had to be up for work at 7. looked like a good ol game. loved TO's popcorn celebration. He's the dude and as a player almost impossible to cover for an entire game or keep scoreless.

He's an absolute w**ker

Can't say I'm a big fan of him either. Obviously he's a real talent but the man is in love with himself. I notice Nick Halling on Sky can't stand him.

Sometimes I can take to cocky players in any sport but TO isn't one of them.
Its not so much the cockiness as the downright selfishness and divisivness he showed during the end of his time at phillidelphia.

It was interesting that Ian Allen, the Sky Sports analyst and former Eagle said quite a few of the Eagles were saying the same things that TO was about Mc Nabb but were not as outspoken as him so never said anything.

Just wondering when did TO join Dallas and what did he say about Mc Nabb?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

SeanSouth

The Pats are certainly a great team but i have to say there are some god awful teams in the NFL at the minute, the Pats basically had 6 gimmes this year, Dolphins, Jets & Bills within their own division. I have a sneaky feeling Dallas would have a good chance against them in the Superbowl.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 12, 2007, 12:03:04 PMJust wondering when did TO join Dallas and what did he say about Mc Nabb?

He signed with Dallas in March 2006

The McNabb thing

"That afternoon Owens made a number of controversial statements during an interview with Graham Bensinger for ESPN. In the interview, Owens voiced his frustrations of the Eagles not recognizing his 100th career TD. He referred to the Eagles as a classless organization for the way they behaved. The Eagles have since stated that the Club does not recognize individual achievements.

When asked whether or not he agreed with a comment made by ESPN analyst and good friend Michael Irvin, Owens agreed to the statement, saying that he thought the Eagles would be undefeated if Brett Favre were on the team instead of Donovan McNabb. Owens went on to expand on the point, calling Brett Favre a warrior. Many people took offense at this, since it appeared as though Owens was claiming that McNabb, who was playing with a sports hernia among other injuries, was not a warrior. This interview effectively ended Owens' career in Philadelphia."

Puckoon

Going to post this weeks pro football spreads as Im at home and bored as all hell. Feel free to voice your favouite picks.

Thursday Dec 13
Denver broncos (-1.5) away to the houston texans  - Total: 46

Saturday Dec 15
Cincinnati Bengals (-8.5) away to the San Fran 49ers Total: 43

Sunday Dec 16

Arizona Cardinals away to new orleans Saints (-4)   Total 47

Atlanta Falcons away to Tampa Bay Bucs (-12)      Total 39

Baltimore Ravens (-3.5) away to Miami Dolphins      Total 37.5

Buffalo Bills away to Cleveland Browns (-5.5)          Total 46

Green Bay Packers (-9.5) away to St Louis Rams     Total 44.5

Jacksonville Jaguars away to Pittsburgh Steelers (-4) Total 39.5

New York Jets away to New England Pats (-24)

Seattle Seahawks (-7) away to Carolina Panthers     Total 38

Tennesee Titans (-4) away to Kansas City Chiefs      Total 35

Indianapolis Colts (-10.5) away to Oakland Raiders      Total 45

Detroit Lions away to San Diego Chargers (-11)         Total 45.5

Phillidelphia Eagles away to Dallas Cowboys (-10.5)     Total 48.5

Washington Redskins away to New York Giants (-5)    Total 40.5

Monday Dec 17

Chicago Bears away to Minnesota Vikings (-9)              Total 44.5

So far I like the steelers, the seahawks, the titans and I have a feeling that the Ravens will cover too.