Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

If I'm reading that right, you're advocating buying Sánchez to play him as a no.9. Even though he's a roaming, hard working player who is at his best when facing the goal. And you'd happily pay £200k a week for this too, and drop £75m Lukaku and £40m Martial to make room, because "he's better".

Unbelievable Jeff.

Milltown Row2

Better looking at it than looking for it......

Any team with any ambition will want to have a player of his quality if he becomes available... players form can change, or they pick up injuries or suspensions for that matter and when you run through your options and formations you might actually not have cover... Be stupid not to sign him, just can't see him coming if there are other options
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Quote from: thewobbler on January 15, 2018, 12:29:49 PM
If I'm reading that right, you're advocating buying Sánchez to play him as a no.9. Even though he's a roaming, hard working player who is at his best when facing the goal. And you'd happily pay £200k a week for this too, and drop £75m Lukaku and £40m Martial to make room, because "he's better".

Unbelievable Jeff.
You aren't. I did advocate buying Sanchez, still think this is an obvious no brainer. I didn't advocate buying Sanchez as a 9. I said I would be surprised to see him play as a 9 for United. Two different things.

I think if he signed Mourinho could play him as a 9 especially away from home against the big teams. In which case yes, I would envisage Lukaku being dropped for some of these games. Martial wouldn't have to be dropped.

As I said I think it's a no brainer. Any of the top Premier league teams should look to sign him if they have the chance.

Maroon Manc

United pay great wages and in some cases their paying several of their players above the going rate when they signed their contracts.

United's wage bill does look high based on what the players reportably earn so wouldn't be surprised if the Glazer brothers who are directors are earning a lot more than the going rate.

magpie seanie

Sanchez is a brilliant player. United would be daft to not try and sign him and the points MM makes make it clear that United is a better destination (on the face of things) for Sanchez than City. He'll start at United. I think this is more of a dick measuring exercise for Jose than anything else though but hopefully Jose will be gone in the summer and Sanchez will still be here.

Screen though makes a key point - United's problem is the way they play. Liverpool showed yesterday that you have to press them up the pitch (and all over it)......not leave a big striker up there on his own for them to play doggies with. That pressing game would be aided enormously by Sanchez. His workrate is superb.

The Glazers are taking astronomical fees out of the club and have been for years.

Jeepers Creepers

Arsenal looking Martial as part of the deal.

Milltown Row2

The pressing game is good, and Klopp is the man for that type of game, he has the players up front to keep it going but the table doesnt lie either, goal difference is better at City and Utd and City are so many points in front its not really put a dent in City's drive to the championship..

Utd need to play to their strengths and at home they need to be the dominate team, and when playing the top 3/4 teams away you need be a bit savy ffs! Liverpools pressing game nearly came undone last night , thankfully it didnt and they seen the game out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 15, 2018, 04:39:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2018, 04:24:14 PM
The pressing game is good, and Klopp is the man for that type of game, he has the players up front to keep it going but the table doesnt lie either, goal difference is better at City and Utd and City are so many points in front its not really put a dent in City's drive to the championship..

Utd need to play to their strengths and at home they need to be the dominate team, and when playing the top 3/4 teams away you need be a bit savy ffs! Liverpools pressing game nearly came undone last night , thankfully it didnt and they seen the game out

Liverpool nearly come undone has nothing to do with the pressing game they play
Unless your saying their constant tackling and running depleted their energy  resources in the last ten
Liverpool are in the process of strengthening their defence and are surely looking at the goal keeper problem ( Sane goal should have been dealt with)
Imm sure of one thing if Liverpool had De Gea and Man U had karius
Liverpool would be at least 9 points in front of Man U instead of 3 behind them after tonight
Liverpool have great financial resources but nothing compared to Man U
So I think they are doing a better job
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 15, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

Unless your saying their constant tackling and running depleted their energy  resources in the last ten
Liverpool are in the process of strengthening their defence and are surely looking at the goal keeper problem ( Sane goal should have been dealt with)
Liverpool would be at least 9 points in front of Man U instead of 3 behind them after tonight

Well that fitness thats needed to keep at that style is draining, so to lose 2 goals late on isnt surprising

magpie seanie

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 15, 2018, 04:23:08 PM

No way should this happen.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2018, 04:50:16 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 15, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

Well that fitness thats needed to keep at that style is draining, so to lose 2 goals late on isnt surprising

You may well have a point but I feel when Can was replaced by Milner we looked more vulnerable but you have to give some credit to Man City they never lay down
Imm sure you have ref plenty of matches where the better team built up a big lead and stepped of the gas, the other team got some scores and momentum and the winning team couldn't get going again
Liverpool are great at this
They are just a club that like to keep their fans in squeaky bum mode regardless of how well the are playing
Man U if we go by tradition does not lend itself to murhino tactics and the fans are not comfortable with the Bus
Sanchez is a fantastic player but where does he fit in at old Trafford

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

It won't. Player swap deals only happen on forums!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 15, 2018, 05:05:49 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

It won't. Player swap deals only happen on forums!

Really can I have De Gea for karius please

Syferus

It would be a swap plus cash. It's certianly doable because Martial is young, has the WC to look towards and Sánchez is a better player playing his position so his arrival with the likes of Rashford and Linegard already there will be a flashing neon sign that Jose doesn't see Martial as much more than a part-time starter.

If Wenger ends up with Martial for pocket change it will be significantly better than the 90 million deal that fell through for Lemar in the summer.

Maroon Manc

There is no chance United are letting Martial leave. He's one of the  best young talents around so won't happen.

I think Mkhitaryan's wages will be an issue too so think if Sanchez deals happens it will be cash only.