The Masters 2016

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, April 05, 2016, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

That time of the year again - my favourite golf event of the year.

Tee-times are out for the first 2 rounds

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html?promo=espn

This is one of the most wide open fields in a few years - anyone of a dozen men could win it this year.

beer baron

Let the fun begin.
Spieth seems to be proving to be human after all the past few weeks and visibly getting frustrated and affect his game so i'll be surprised should he do it this week.

I've backed Rory, Fowler and Kaymer.

Rory's had a mediocre kind of start to the season by his standards but has been improving and played well for most of the match play a few weeks back and that could have him spot on and 17/2 is a fair price.
Fowler's had a really good start to the season being ultra consistent and is hitting bigger than ever before it seems and i'll be very shocked if he doesn't go close and Skybet going 8 places and some others going 7 places 14/1 which is very good for punting on someone like Fowler who's so consistent,16/1 can be got but i like the extra places for him.
Kaymer's a real shot in the dark as he's had a poor last year or so losing his PGA tourcard and generally  playing poorly and this has never been known as a course he likes but he's someone i've regualrly sided with in big tournaments before and he did me a favour or 2 and he's got as much ability as any on his day and being grouped with Mc Ilroy could help bring him to life and 200/1 is available.

laoislad

Went with Lowry,Day,Bubba and Adam Scott.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: beer baron on April 05, 2016, 07:27:52 PM
Let the fun begin.
Spieth seems to be proving to be human after all the past few weeks and visibly getting frustrated and affect his game so i'll be surprised should he do it this week.

Rory's had a mediocre kind of start to the season by his standards but has been improving and played well for most of the match play a few weeks back and that could have him spot on and 17/2 is a fair price.
Fowler's had a really good start to the season being ultra consistent and is hitting bigger than ever before it seems and i'll be very shocked if he doesn't go close and Skybet going 8 places and some others going 7 places 14/1 which is very good for punting on someone like Fowler who's so consistent,16/1 can be got but i like the extra places for him.
Kaymer's a real shot in the dark as he's had a poor last year or so losing his PGA tourcard and generally  playing poorly and this has never been known as a course he likes but he's someone i've regualrly sided with in big tournaments before and he did me a favour or 2 and he's got as much ability as any on his day and being grouped with Mc Ilroy could help bring him to life and 200/1 is available.
Nice to see someone spell losing correctly for a change.
Kudos to you young man.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2016, 08:21:25 PM
Quote from: beer baron on April 05, 2016, 07:27:52 PM
Let the fun begin.

Nice to see someone spell losing correctly for a change.
Kudos to you young man.

You're loosing the run of yourself

screenexile

Looking forward to this as well have Spieth and Scott done as my main bet and small ones omnLowty and Matsuyama.

As Gabe said you could add McIlroy, Watson, Mickelson, Day, Johnson, Fowler, Oosthuizen, Schwartzel to the lads who could potentially win it. It has the potential to be one of the best ever with so many lads at the top of their game!!

Boycey

I'll be having my few quid on Rory, he's being threatening lately without sealing the deal. Hopefully this week it'll all come together.. I'll probably wait til Thurs evening to bet, he's last out so might get an extra point or so if some of the others get off to a flier..

Orior

If I was a betting man (I am not) then I would go each way on Oosthuizen, Stenson and for an outside bet Willett.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Rory's Poyntzpass coach won't be pleased with you!

Canalman

Going with Fowler, Dustin Johnson (blind faith ) , Schwarzel and one other to be chosen at random from the bookies screen. Small e/w bets to keep an interest in the tournament. Brilliant tv.

Applesisapples

I reckon Day will be there are there-abouts, I am hoping Spieth can do it but I think his game is a few weeks short of getting to what it takes, Fowler is in with a chance and has to deliver soon, my outsider would be Patrick Reed.

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 06, 2016, 12:19:50 PM
I reckon Day will be there are there-abouts, I am hoping Spieth can do it but I think his game is a few weeks short of getting to what it takes, Fowler is in with a chance and has to deliver soon, my outsider would be Patrick Reed.

I understand that Reed is a one-trick pony. Every shot is a draw so if he needs to fade then he is bollixed.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

AZOffaly

I'll go Bubba, Phil and Lowry.

Tony Baloney

There can't be many more years remaining for Lefty to be a tip at the Masters. Ruairi has the game and hopefully now the bottle to get around so my each way money is on Oosthuizen as I like the look of his group with Dufner and Reed. Will also have a pop at McIlroy and Sergio just for interest.