The Masters 2016

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, April 05, 2016, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Kaymer's a real shot in the dark as he's had a poor last year or so losing his PGA tourcard and generally  playing poorly and this has never been known as a course he likes but he's someone i've regualrly sided with in big tournaments before and he did me a favour or 2 and he's got as much ability as any on his day and being grouped with Mc Ilroy could help bring him to life and 200/1 is available.

I have always backed Kaymer and like him a lot but Augusta does not suit a player who fades the ball and that is what MK prefers to do plus he has the added 'distraction' of Kirsty Gallagher on course this week so that may affect him also. But as you say at 200/1 he is some price even EW

Going to go with Stenson, DJ (again), Oosthuizen, Matsuyama all to win and Cabrero Bello, Weisberger, Casey and  J.Thomas all EW.

As someone said earlier in the page, most likely the winner will come from any one of the worlds top 15 - they all going fairly decent at the moment - quite an open chance for the worlds top players as nobody is out on their own as the best player

Not like 10 years ago when nearly every event was won by Tiger, Ernie, Phil, Vijay or Goosen...

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 06, 2016, 01:56:43 PM
There can't be many more years remaining for Lefty to be a tip at the Masters. Ruairi has the game and hopefully now the bottle to get around so my each way money is on Oosthuizen as I like the look of his group with Dufner and Reed. Will also have a pop at McIlroy and Sergio just for interest.

I would love Sergio to do it but his putting is atrocious. McIlroy is by no means a great putter but at least he can go on a hot streak where they're rolling in and he looks confident with it. Sergio looks as if he's about to cry most times he's standing over a putt!

Spieth hasn't been great with the putter this season hopefully he can find his rhythm for tomorrow!

stew

Dustin Johnson for me, the nearly man is going to come good sooner or later and with his length and accuracy off the tee I think he will win it. Mcilroy won't finish in the top ten for me, hope I am wrong.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Applesisapples

Quote from: stew on April 06, 2016, 04:25:23 PM
Dustin Johnson for me, the nearly man is going to come good sooner or later and with his length and accuracy off the tee I think he will win it. Mcilroy won't finish in the top ten for me, hope I am wrong.
I hope your right

whitegoodman

IMO dustin short game not good enough for augusta.  For all the majors he has contended, has he been there or there abouts on the back 9 at augusta. 

kaymer is 200/1 for a reason, he plays left to right which is a major disadvantage on this course, he even tried to change his swing a while back to suit and completely f**ked up his game for a few years because of it.

Unless your exceptional your not going to win on your first year there so Id rule out Willet and the like for that reason.  Scott is playing very well but I'd still be a bit worried about his putting.

If you don't look at the big 3 then the winner could come from, bubba, rose or phil with the the two south Africans and reed as outsiders.

Sergio, no, just no....

sans pessimism

Big Phil for me-decent value at 18's
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mrdeeds

Done oouisthizen each way and outsider andy sullivan at 125/1.

JimStynes

Picking a winner in a golf tournament is a lottery. Apart from the tiger woods era it's very difficult to predict the winner. Would love Lowry to do well. What about rickie fowler? How's he going?

David McKeown

Anyone see Bubbas reaction to Webb Simpsons hole in one. Bubba looks like a stuck up p***k
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2016, 08:48:53 PM
Anyone see Bubbas reaction to Webb Simpsons hole in one. Bubba looks like a stuck up p***k

There was a sizable wedge of money (5 figures) being bet in that group that no-one would get a hole-in-one

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2016, 08:48:53 PM

He reacted like that because they had a big wager on a hole in one between the three of them apparently. So I presume he was joking.

David McKeown

Ahh fair enough when I posted I thought there had maybe been some bad blood between them didn't realise it seems to be friends playing together in this comp.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Minder

Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2016, 10:00:58 PM
Ahh fair enough when I posted I thought there had maybe been some bad blood between them didn't realise it seems to be friends playing together in this comp.

Yeah I think that was the god squad group
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2016, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2016, 10:00:58 PM

Yeah I think that was the god squad group
I thought the bible forbad gambling.