Artificial Sun in Croke Park!!

Started by Shamrock Shore, December 29, 2006, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Now that is some stadium nice design too

Gnevin

Nothing like a total lack of democracy to build some of the most impressive buildings in the world.  China 08 and that Dam both come to mind
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gabriel_Hurl

laoislad

Gabriel_Hurl

cavanmaniac

Lads, any Liverpool fan will tell you that 99% of the time Anfield is like a morgue. Constantly outsung by the away support, silent fans who only raise a cheer if the team score or are ahead. Obvious exceptions are big European nights and games against Man Yoo, the Blueshite from across the way and lately, Chelsea.

For any other run of the mill game at Anfield though, you'd nod off.

The Liverpool away fans are the ones that generate real noise and atmosphere at a game.

The best atmosphere I ever heard at a GAA game in Croker was at Dublin v Armagh semi-final in 2002. The massive, explosive boom of noise when Whelan scored his goal was like nothing - and I mean nothing - I've ever heard before or since. It near took my head off.

BenDover

Quote from: cavanmaniac on January 03, 2007, 12:04:49 PM
The best atmosphere I ever heard at a GAA game in Croker was at Dublin v Armagh semi-final in 2002. The massive, explosive boom of noise when Whelan scored his goal was like nothing - and I mean nothing - I've ever heard before or since. It near took my head off.

I'd the pleasure of being amongst a small pocket of Armagh supporters on the Hill that day, omg that was just pure class. The Hill without the Dubs on it is not the same imho

Gnevin

Quote from: BenDover on January 03, 2007, 12:19:08 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on January 03, 2007, 12:04:49 PM

I'd the pleasure of being amongst a small pocket of Armagh supporters on the Hill that day, omg that was just pure class. The Hill without the Dubs on it is not the same imho
2002 was good
2005 dublin v tyrone replay was better!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Onlooker

I agree with 5ive Times.  The atmosphere at the Tyrone/Armagh semi-final in 2005 was the best I ever experienced.  Like him, I was there as a neutral, being there as a Tipperary supporter in the curtain-raiser against Wexford (Tommy Murphy Cup Final).  The atmosphere present for the semi-final added hugely to the enjoyment of the day for all Tipperary people present. 

ONeill

I always find it intriguing when neutrals tell me of their experiences during that 2005 semi - many can't put their finger on it - some kind of aura lingering/suffocating the ground.

I had the pleasure of watching that game in the Press Area so it was as detached as you could be. I remember looking around and seeing that kind of heat you get rising from a road in the distance on a hot day, circulating the ground. The Hill was resplendid with colour, although I've always felt when the two met Armagh numbered more on the Hill.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.