Pre Season Challenge Matches Thread

Started by Lone Shark, December 07, 2006, 12:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

I won't lie, this is slightly self serving, but still.

Pretty soon a lot of counties will start playing pre season challenge matches and Under 21 games. From a personal point of view, the more info I have like this, the more easy it makes it to price FBD/O'Byrne cup games etc., but obviously most of these games don't appear in any form of national media, so maybe we could use everyone here to collate all the results in one thread? If people want to write reports on who played well, who didn't etc., then that's great, but even the results would be great.

An example would be Dublin Beating Louth last Tuesday, experimental teams, 1-11 to 0-6.

Hopefully this will grow into something useful.....

SlimShady

so you can put up odds that reflect the way both teams are performing? hence giving us, the punter, less value in betting? Bookies have some f**king cheek!!

lynchbhoy

heard last night that the louth side that Dublin whalloped were about the same size as oompa loopas

BallyhaiseMan

Laois walloped Cavan in Stradbally last Saturday morning.

aontroim

Antrim walloped Kerry last night....on the Playstation  ;)

Mid Mon

UCD destroyed Monaghan Hurlers last night. Hope that is of great help to you.

Lone Shark

Quote from: SlimShady on December 07, 2006, 12:32:33 PM
so you can put up odds that reflect the way both teams are performing? hence giving us, the punter, less value in betting? Bookies have some f**king cheek!!

Or alternatively that I can put them up at all. I'm pretty keen to raise the bar when it comes to GAA service, but ye'll have to come half way to meet me - I can't go pricing up games with no idea what stage teams are at in their training. If I have something to go on, I'll take the chance. If I don't, I won't.

You can rest assured you won't see these games on Powers/Boyles/Betfair/Eastwoods unless I do them first, same as happened with the club games last September.

Plus I did think that people in general would be interested in this kind of thread - even if I wasn't a bookie I would be.

Uladh

Quote from: aontroim on December 07, 2006, 01:01:23 PM
Antrim walloped Kerry last night....on the Playstation  ;)

Are people still playing that game?

magpie seanie

Loneshark - don't mind the likes of Slim. The thread is a good idea and as you had the decency to be up front about your motives (as usual) then there can be no cribbing. Sorry, let me rephrase that - there SHOULD be no cribbing.

full back

Seen it in Game last night for £7.99 :D :D
It is still expensive at that

lynchbhoy

Quote from: full back on December 08, 2006, 10:35:11 AM
Seen it in Game last night for £7.99 :D :D
It is still expensive at that

I wonder can you get it for PSP

Cloc Mor

Just heard that Croke Park have issued a directive that no more inter county challenge games will be permitted in December.  Any counties with games arranged will have to cancel as they are not insured.

ONeill

Isn't there some ruling about December being a 'closed season' with red cards causing confusion when it comes to suspensions?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bigpaul

Find this a strange subject.As someone who was involved in the business,I have never heard of a bookie  being so open when gathering information!They usually have a network of contacts which delivers information directly!The only benefit I can see from a bookie's point of view is that he will add a couple of unwitting sources by comparing the information received with eventual results,if no-one produces the goods------nothing ventured nothing gained!!!!!If I was to take anything from this thread it would be to avoid teams with negative vibes for a start and then build a dossier of which poster was giving consistent information.In time,one or two posters out of a total of twenty or thirty could be invaluable when laying odds!!!!! 

Jack Dempsey

boycott ladbrokes lads. Laughable margin on the premiership a major sign of their greed. English firm also. Will stick to good old reliable PP. Always have anything I want to bet on up there. Every Sunday they bet in running on the club games. Ladbrokes do not. ( maybe they cant get tg4 in the uk. )
Nicknamed Ladcrooks for a reason.