County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on November 11, 2020, 10:57:39 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 11, 2020, 02:15:13 PM
Quote from: Orior on November 11, 2020, 01:32:19 PM
Antrim would be a good position for a new manager. Bucket loads of talent in the county and the only way is up.

What is that based on? Not saying it's right or wrong. Genuine question

Good clubs teams that can hold their own in Ulster.

You almost had me there!!!

Owenmoresider

Sligo now have a vacancy as well.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 12, 2020, 02:24:32 PM
Sligo now have a vacancy as well.

Little bit surprised he got a 2nd year, reading between the lines of the statement it sounds like the Sligo county board was willing to give him a 3rd year which would leave plenty questioning the abitition of the Sligo county board.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

on the sideline

Tweet from the Irish News saying Harte has confirmed he's leaving his position as Tyrone manager in an interview with Brendan Crossan in this weekends paper.

Blowitupref

And on RTÉ also. Big boots to fill.

Mickey Harte stands down as Tyrone manager after 18 years

Mickey Harte's 18-year spell as manager of the Tyrone senior football team is over, with the three-time All-Ireland winner confirming he has stood down.

Uncertainty surrounded the future of the longest-serving manager in Gaelic football this week after the county's Ulster SFC exit at hands of great rivals Donegal.

Having come to the end of a three-year term following his reappointment in 2017, Harte had little to say about his future following their early championship exit to Donegal recently. "I haven't considered anything about that just right now," he said.

Harte transformed Tyrone into one of the powerhouses of Gaelic football, leading them to their first All-Ireland title in 2003, followed by two more in 2005 and 2008
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Aaron Boone

It would be the biggest job in Gaelic football.  No pressure to the selection committee.   

lenny

Quote from: on the sideline on November 13, 2020, 09:35:13 PM
Tweet from the Irish News saying Harte has confirmed he's leaving his position as Tyrone manager in an interview with Brendan Crossan in this weekends paper.

That's trump, Harte and Dominic cummings all out. 3 autocratic dictators all gone in a short space of time. We're living in interesting times.

Main Street

Has Mickey announced that he's retiring from the county scene?

I think there's still enough life left in the old dog. In a heartbeat I'd say bye bye Banty hello Mickey

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on November 13, 2020, 10:07:32 PM

I think there's still enough life left in the old dog. In a heartbeat I'd say bye bye Banty hello Mickey

Should be bye bye Banty regardless, any decent upcoming club manager in Monaghan would be a better choice for 2021.

End of era for Tyrone, a few of the Tyrone posters on here wanted him gone years ago without realising he was getting the very best out of the current group of players, good luck to whoever follows him he'll need it.

tonto1888

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 13, 2020, 11:24:27 PM

Should be bye bye Banty regardless, any decent upcoming club manager in Monaghan would be a better choice for 2021.

End of era for Tyrone, a few of the Tyrone posters on here wanted him gone years ago without realising he was getting the very best out of the current group of players, good luck to whoever follows him he'll need it.

Do you think he was getting the best out of them?

macdanger2

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 13, 2020, 09:44:12 PM
And on RTÉ also. Big boots to fill.

Mickey Harte stands down as Tyrone manager after 18 years

Mickey Harte's 18-year spell as manager of the Tyrone senior football team is over, with the three-time All-Ireland winner confirming he has stood down.

Uncertainty surrounded the future of the longest-serving manager in Gaelic football this week after the county's Ulster SFC exit at hands of great rivals Donegal.

Having come to the end of a three-year term following his reappointment in 2017, Harte had little to say about his future following their early championship exit to Donegal recently. "I haven't considered anything about that just right now," he said.

Harte transformed Tyrone into one of the powerhouses of Gaelic football, leading them to their first All-Ireland title in 2003, followed by two more in 2005 and 2008

Great manager, good luck to him in retirement

thejuice

Remarkable career from Mickey. Wish him all the best.

They were never bad under his stewardship and at times they were the best. They were truly formidable in the 00's.

I didn't think he'd leave without an obvious successor ready to step in. Perhaps Tyrone folks know who that is but whoever does get in, speaking with experience of the post Boylan years in Meath, I hope that they are given time to develop a team and not hounded out at the first sign of failure.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 13, 2020, 11:46:36 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 13, 2020, 11:24:27 PM

Do you think he was getting the best out of them?

Yes. Led Tyrone to the business end of the championship (Semi final or final) in 5 of the last 7 years and in those years 6 of the 7 championship exits was against teams they expected to lose against. In the same timeframe Donegal with arguably a better panel of players only progressed past the last 8 stage once.