Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Line Ball

Quote from: FML on April 16, 2016, 08:44:13 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on April 16, 2016, 08:04:06 PM
My wee girls name, sorry. I'd rather not give the name of her primary school.

Why not? If you're able to come on here making personal attacks on people why not identify yourself?

Why hide behind a pseudonym?

Unlike yourself obviously. 

Fermanagh 3-7 v Down 1-6  That superpower from the west too good today? No big pat on your own back from yourself today, unlike last week.

FML

Quote from: Line Ball on April 16, 2016, 08:51:10 PM

Why not? If you're able to come on here making personal attacks on people why not identify yourself?

Fermanagh 3-7 v Down 1-6  That superpower from the west too good today? No big pat on your own back from yourself today, unlike last week.

A. By name is not concealed, it's there to see.

B. I haven't made the personal attacks on others that you have.

C. I gave myself no pat on the back. I said the players produced a good result.

D. What was your contribution last week or today?

elk

Quote from: redandblackareback on April 16, 2016, 07:53:13 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on April 15, 2016, 01:50:44 PM
A couple of points;

- Balllyholland were leading 1-2 till 4 points when the sending off happened so yes they were well in control of the game at that point!!!

- Kevin McKernan, Dan McCartan, Conor Toner, Mark McKay, Shay McArdle all out last night with Jamie McGovern and Cathal Foy only fit for substitute appearances.  So if ya want to talk about injuries go for it....

- McKernan has ligament damage in his ankle I think so will be out for a while and would be doubtful for Down match I would imagine.  Interesting point by Toolongref all the same.

- It is my understanding that Wards "package" would be no more than the likes of Dawson or McIlvor are getting.  Besides why move the successful underage coaches away from there when they are being successful at what they are doing, rob Peter to pay Paul and all that.

- Murtagh still the class act on the pitch last night at 34.  Says it all about the current state of Down football.

- Going by last night Burren haven't learned much from last year, playing stupid football against defensive teams and leaving themselves open to counters time and time again. Poacher knows how to set up a team but is still an edjit, was going to jump over the wire at one stage last night from what I could see at the other end of the field.

Agree with Whitegoodman on a lot of the above, ventured to two club games Thursday and Friday, club football really is in a bad place in this county, first up Ballyholland v Burren, two complete lunatics managing both clubs, never seen the like of the pressure both tried to place on the referee, one lunatic (poucher) had his team reasonably well organised and hard to beat, the other lunatic (ward) is clueless and is just lucky he has a mountain of talent to get him over the line but when Kilcoo come calling they will fall short again and surely the Burren folk on here would agree. Bar Donal O Hare who was superb and Ronan Murtagh not much to shout about there.

Up next was Castlewellan v Glen, credit to Glen, they are trying to make themselves competitive in a very poor league, Castlewellan have a lot of talent and reached a championship final last year, but when your manager has no discipline neither will your team and this will be their downfall. Glen could and probably should have won the game only for a penalty save a few minutes from the end, by best player on show> Michael Cunningham, a goalkeeper.

I left both games thinking where is the talented footballers we use to see regularly in Down league games up and down the county? What is the problem? Is it the coaches? The schools? Lack of numbers? Why has football in Down got so bad? Has anyone got the answers?
have to agree watched the point / kilcoo and o Hanlon and  laverty were the only class on the field. The point only going one way, down to join rostrevor

Line Ball

Quote from: FML on April 16, 2016, 09:04:04 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on April 16, 2016, 08:51:10 PM

A. By name is not concealed, it's there to see.

B. I haven't made the personal attacks on others that you have.

C. I gave myself no pat on the back. I said the players produced a good result.

D. What was your contribution last week or today?

Your name is concealed, three letters mean nothing but your self praise of the U.17's with other related posts made me realise who you were.

I have not attacked anyone but just stated the obvious that your club man is as useless at his job as can be humanly possible and I would love to hear from anyone who would say otherwise.

Your pat on the back to yourself last week should be followed up with a kick on the arse this week.

My contribution, better than yours.

gaamann

Question for redandblackareback  do you think the outburst from the Castlewellen manager had a effect on the referee Castlewellen seemed to get scoreable frees much easier than Glenn.
The free count inside the scoring zone Castlewellen 15 Glenn 6.

cut the crap

They say self praise is no recommendation, and having watched the u17 and minors today both squads are very much a work in progress , it was refreshing to see games not overly defensive.Minors could be dark horses come championship time  , I've watched them 3 times now and there is some serious individual talent on show, James has to mould a team and we may be in business.

SHEEDY

serious beating for ballymartin against saval today. 6-16 to 0-4. looks like a long year ahead for them.
nil satis nisi optimum

PAULD123

you are not seriously asking him to name his daughter are you? You can't criticize the man for not naming a child on an open forum.

snoopdog

I fear I already know the answer to this question but I will ask anyway.  Anyone know if Marty Clarke will come into the Down squad for the championship?

Nanderson

Quote from: snoopdog on April 19, 2016, 01:23:02 PM
I fear I already know the answer to this question but I will ask anyway.  Anyone know if Marty Clarke will come into the Down squad for the championship?
No

speculative

I see Cathal Magee is back playing for the 'Bridge- surely he is exactly what our county team need, a big, skilful and accurate forward who can win his own ball.

If watching the London Final is anything to go by he has lost none of the above!

Lecale Gael

I went to the St Johns v an riocht game

competitive enough first half but an riocht done their homework at half time and strolled second half with clever football with martin Clarke very instrumental. he scored 1-2 from play himself but set up plenty even with 2 men on him.

be good to see him in county colours if only to be sprung from bench. alas not looking likely
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

johnneycool

Some mess in relation to the Down U14 hurling Feíle, cancelled, not cancelled, moved to May, maybe not, needs to be played before that, maybe next week...who to f**k knows!

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnneycool on April 20, 2016, 03:26:05 PM
Some mess in relation to the Down U14 hurling Feíle, cancelled, not cancelled, moved to May, maybe not, needs to be played before that, maybe next week...who to f**k knows!

seen on facebook it was going ahead as planned now. bit of confusion alright, was told last night it was off.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 20, 2016, 06:15:48 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 20, 2016, 03:26:05 PM

seen on facebook it was going ahead as planned now. bit of confusion alright, was told last night it was off.
Prime example of the 'Down way'