Hectic

Quote from: farset on October 12, 2018, 02:28:44 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 12, 2018, 01:46:32 PM
Quote from: farset on October 12, 2018, 01:31:54 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 12, 2018, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: farset on October 12, 2018, 08:58:44 AM
Quote from: Hectic on October 12, 2018, 08:39:07 AM
Quote from: farset on October 11, 2018, 10:28:49 PM
I take it you South West hillbillies will be wanting this fixture v Tyrone or Derry played in Ahoghill 😂

As long as it aint in Belfast I dont mind. Will save the car from getting broke into.

Bullshit

Sorry should have added 'if I dont throw somebody a few quid to mind it'.

As much as you'd love that to be true because it would help you with your stereotyping, that has never happened around Corrigan and 'paying someone to look after your car' is not a thing. You are no better than the people around Corrigan despite what you might believe.

You, my friend, are a ballbag.

Lol you are some humpy bollox. Happy enough to throw a bit of slagging but cant take it back. Ok Im a ballbag lol.

Haha have to say my self awareness meter wasn't on there when I wrote that.

Apologies and touché!

Haha good stuff

Belfast GAA man

I see Rossa have gave themselves a chance of staying in Div 1 today .... pressure on St Teresa's now

Hectic

Aye plenty of business left in all divisions from what I can see. What is the position with regard cut off date and also when teams finish level on points?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hectic on October 14, 2018, 06:58:00 PM
Aye plenty of business left in all divisions from what I can see. What is the position with regard cut off date and also when teams finish level on points?
Last round scheduled 27th Oct.....teams finishing on level points separated by head to head in league meetings home and away..if one win apiece then score difference comes into play to determine position.

Hectic

Thanks. Must get back to studying the tables to see what is at stake where. Bit of working out in Div 2 mind.

Hectic

So I make it if GNM beat Moneyglass then a win or draw good enough for St Brigids against Randalstown for promotion.

If GNM get beat by Moneyglass then could have a 3 way tie for promotion spots with them, Aldergrove (if they beat Dunloy)  and a loser in Brigids v Randalstown. Does it go to points diff straight away in this case of some sort of head to head mini league?

Trying to work out the permutations for draws too head frying. Sets it up nicely all the same with 3 teams having promotion in their own hands.

Is there U21 pencilled in for the last weekend in Oct also?

delgany

Two  teams  tied     =  head to head,  if even,  score difference

Three team tie = overall score difference.

Na Glinntí Glasa

some craic with our game on sat against Moneyglass. Both teams had it as a draw but ref had it as a one point win to Moneyglass. lol it was a pointless game and no one could see how it was anything other than a draw.
hurl like f**k boi!

belfastsaff

I've heard the u21 championship is due to kick off this weekend a lot of teams still involved in other competitions - pity there wasn't a few more months in the year !!

NAG1

Quote from: belfastsaff on October 15, 2018, 09:38:49 AM
I've heard the u21 championship is due to kick off this weekend a lot of teams still involved in other competitions - pity there wasn't a few more months in the year !!

It is an arguement that has been gone over and over on here but there is still no solution.

We shorterned the county season and what difference really has it had on the club season? Zero we are still playing our most important matches in October and into November.

Realistically what games of any value were played in the summer months?

U21 is a prime example and it has been pushed about for nearly all of its existence, but now it is running straight into College football at the back end of the year. So players will have been slogging with their teams since preseason this year right through to the end of the year.

belfastsaff

Quote from: NAG1 on October 15, 2018, 09:43:13 AM

It is an arguement that has been gone over and over on here but there is still no solution.

We shorterned the county season and what difference really has it had on the club season? Zero we are still playing our most important matches in October and into November.

Realistically what games of any value were played in the summer months?

U21 is a prime example and it has been pushed about for nearly all of its existence, but now it is running straight into College football at the back end of the year. So players will have been slogging with their teams since preseason this year right through to the end of the year.

i agree I think the u21 hurling should be played off in 4 weeks in june , and the u21 football mid july to mid august however I'm sure people will find problems with that.

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2018, 09:01:49 AM
some craic with our game on sat against Moneyglass. Both teams had it as a draw but ref had it as a one point win to Moneyglass. lol it was a pointless game and no one could see how it was anything other than a draw.

Situation like that can the two teams not get their heads together and agree and get it changed? While referees can make errors you would expect good sportsmanship to prevail. Good that it was a match of little significance but same thing could happen in in a game of high significance. I suppose had it mattered would the 'winning' team be as willing to hold their hands up. I would like to think in all cases the answer would be yes and in doing so shows great sporting integrity and the difference between the battle on the pitch and the respect off it.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Hectic on October 15, 2018, 10:26:47 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2018, 09:01:49 AM

Situation like that can the two teams not get their heads together and agree and get it changed? While referees can make errors you would expect good sportsmanship to prevail. Good that it was a match of little significance but same thing could happen in in a game of high significance. I suppose had it mattered would the 'winning' team be as willing to hold their hands up. I would like to think in all cases the answer would be yes and in doing so shows great sporting integrity and the difference between the battle on the pitch and the respect off it.

Happened to Creggan 'v' Ahoghill in 93. We needed to win the match to win Div 2. Ahoghill were leading by a point with 10mins to go and the ref blew it up for full time. Creggan argued with the ref that he blew it up early and Ahoghill confirmed Creggan's position. After a 10 min break the game restarted and we won by 2. Never experienced it before of after.

Hectic

No fixtures up as yet. Has it been delayed because of the business still to be done in the leagues. Last weekends results did not really do much to alleviate the number of teams with all to play for.

country bumpkin

So last night's result in which St Teresa's gained the points over Glenavy means Rossa will face the prospect of life in Division Two next year.
Sorry to see them go but bit of a head scratcher as to how a club which secured both minor and u-21 titles last year find themselves in such predicament..... ???