Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3912047 times)

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37770 on: April 09, 2018, 12:24:22 PM »
Great to see our reserves getting a win in LG
The senior match was effected by the rain. Thought decky smith put in a shift for a rookie
How much injury time was played. Think mark needs to get that watch calibrated  >:(

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37771 on: April 09, 2018, 01:29:42 PM »
Great to see our reserves getting a win in LG
The senior match was effected by the rain. Thought decky smith put in a shift for a rookie
How much injury time was played. Think mark needs to get that watch calibrated  >:(

Many injuries?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #37772 on: April 09, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »
a few knocks on either team but none that were too long in terms of stoppage.

He frustrated both sides to be fair but the penalty call was very soft. a shirt pull off the ball and it merited a penalty. both sides were standing bemused as to what was going on and so were the supporters.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

• View Profile
« Reply #37773 on: April 10, 2018, 01:30:56 PM »
Watched Loughgiel v Dunloy and enjoyed a good game. I think Dunloy looked sharp. They got the scores a bit handier than Loughgiel and might have won by more on a dry pitch. They are ahead of the rest at the minute.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37774 on: April 10, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »
Watched Loughgiel v Dunloy and enjoyed a good game. I think Dunloy looked sharp. They got the scores a bit handier than Loughgiel and might have won by more on a dry pitch. They are ahead of the rest at the minute.

Christ 3 games in and the cute hoorism has been taken up a notch  ;D
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #37775 on: April 11, 2018, 09:44:21 AM »

i didnt think we played as well as we could have to be fair. Still a long way to go to be up to Cdalls standard
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

• View Profile
« Reply #37776 on: April 11, 2018, 01:00:50 PM »
Hahahaha If you are the county champions you are the team to beat. The pressure getting to you already?

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #37777 on: April 11, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
Hahahaha If you are the county champions you are the team to beat. The pressure getting to you already?

;D lol sure we were beat a few weeks ago, were in bother lol
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #37778 on: April 16, 2018, 12:21:03 PM »
What's the story with Antrim U17's in the Celtic Challenge?

Is this a development squad with the bigger effort going into the Leinster championship at U18?

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #37779 on: April 16, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »

Is this a development squad with the bigger effort going into the Leinster championship at U18?
Very hard to get our best U17 players to take it seriously, when they will be on the u18 team anyway. Not sure why it appears to be more of a problem in Antrim but going by own young fellas experience at this grade albeit a couple of years ago, it would be fairly negative.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #37780 on: April 16, 2018, 01:39:14 PM »

Very hard to get our best U17 players to take it seriously, when they will be on the u18 team anyway. Not sure why it appears to be more of a problem in Antrim but going by own young fellas experience at this grade albeit a couple of years ago, it would be fairly negative.

Are they two separate management structures for the two teams?

In Down it's the one and the same with quite a large overlap anyway in terms of players.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #37781 on: April 16, 2018, 01:47:27 PM »
Not sure tbh but Iíd say itís much the same, what minor manager is going to say if you donít show for the U17s you will be gassed for the minors. Just wonít happen.

Pjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #37782 on: April 16, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
I think Antrim are playing an u16 squad in the competition.  Antrim are a "graded county" therefore minor panelists are not eligible to play in the Celtic Challenge.

The following is taken from the Operations Manual:

Involvement in the County Minor Hurling Panel
Players who are on the Inter-County Minor Hurling Panel in the following Counties are not eligible to participate in this competition: Antrim; Down; Carlow; Clare; Cork; Dublin; Galway; Kilkenny; Kildare; Laois; Limerick; Meath; Offaly; Tipperary; Waterford; Westmeath; Wexford.
A player will be deemed to be on the Inter-County Minor Hurling Panel if he is one of the 24 named match day players for the Provincial Minor Hurling Championships.

breakingball

• View Profile
« Reply #37783 on: April 16, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »

yes. Antrim are playing their u16 hurlers in celtic challenge. u17 playing in leinster

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #37784 on: April 16, 2018, 04:28:33 PM »

yes. Antrim are playing their u16 hurlers in celtic challenge. u17 playing in leinster

That makes more sense, although what Pjoe is saying mustn't be strictly true as I know of a few of our U17 lads who play on that Celtic challenge team are also part of the U17 minor team in the lower level Grade 3 in Leinster.

Down just wouldn't have the playing pool to not play without the U17's in the Celtic Challenge and even then I think the lad doing goals for the U17's was playing U14 last year if facebook is anything to go by.