Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: theskull1 on March 27, 2018, 03:06:01 PM
Save your whatsapp messages for the mods investigation  ;)

Oops, bloody phone crashed and wiped all my correspondence.

darrenNGA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2018, 10:40:59 AM
Quote from: darrenNGA on March 27, 2018, 10:19:45 AM
Many sending offs at the weekend or just in the Rossa game?

eh?

Someone sent off in your game?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: darrenNGA on March 30, 2018, 04:59:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2018, 10:40:59 AM
Quote from: darrenNGA on March 27, 2018, 10:19:45 AM
Many sending offs at the weekend or just in the Rossa game?

eh?

Someone sent off in your game?

At the st Galls game? You'd have been at it, think it was two yellows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

No major shocks over Easter in the Hurling leagues. Rasharkin beating Carey away maybe the only one. Ballycastle seemed to be ran close by Armoy in that Derby.

imtommygunn

Humpy mckillen managing rasharkin i think?

Jesusjones

I was just looking at the fixtures for next weekend on the county website. Disappointing that every match is on at the same time across the divisions. Surely most neutrals would want to get to see Loughgiel V Dunloy? Similar with ourselves and Loughgiel last weekend? Couldn't we have the other games at 2pm and then Loughgiel V Dunloy at 5pm? 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 02, 2018, 04:47:30 PM
I was just looking at the fixtures for next weekend on the county website. Disappointing that every match is on at the same time across the divisions. Surely most neutrals would want to get to see Loughgiel V Dunloy? Similar with ourselves and Loughgiel last weekend? Couldn't we have the other games at 2pm and then Loughgiel V Dunloy at 5pm?
The clubs with agreement can change them if everyone is happy, it worked well that weekend there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 02, 2018, 04:47:30 PM
Good piece by Colum Thompson in The Saffron Gael about this (and possibly inspired by this post).

http://thesaffrongael.com/2018/04/02/i-want-to-see-more-hurling/

Hard to disagree with anything he has written. The fixtures people have a hard job at times of the year bit then there are occasions early on when all teams are fielding, there are no clashes and seemingly promoting attendance at matches is a no-brainer. Very unimaginative.

Seamroga in exile

I have to agree with JJ and Colum on this. It makes sense to stagger the fixture throw in times to give us all a chance to get to games over the weekend. And as Colum stated it would generate more income at the gates. It can only be a win /win  situation for all.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

i would agree with that as well SIE tho what i will say is the state of the league fixtures this year means we play the reverse fixture against Lgiel on the 21st October - a game that will prob never get played as its over 1 month from the second last fixture.

where is the sense in that and what though put towards clubs for games and gate receipts? this fixture generates a good gate for both clubs yet its basically never going to be played, like those other fixtures that weekend, at the end of October.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sweeper 123

The fixtures truely are baffling - one match in May, one in June, a couple in July (depending on what Div you play) , 4 games in Aug in 12days and then nothing till end of Oct.

Na Glinntí Glasa

with the championship being a group stage theres the potential for a lot more of those league games never to be played. its valuable gate receipts lost for each club
hurl like f**k boi!

Exiled Ruairi

Being involved with teams in the lower Divisions for a few years now, it's hard to get a game moved between teams most of the time because most teams think you are missing players etc and want to get a perceived advantage. I think the County Board should look at this and stagger start times of certain games that draw an interest to the neutrals. It couldn't be that hard? 

johnnycool

Quote from: Exiled Ruairi on April 04, 2018, 02:11:26 PM
Being involved with teams in the lower Divisions for a few years now, it's hard to get a game moved between teams most of the time because most teams think you are missing players etc and want to get a perceived advantage. I think the County Board should look at this and stagger start times of certain games that draw an interest to the neutrals. It couldn't be that hard?

It would be harder than you think.

Take the weekend past for instance. All three Ards clubs were up in the glens.
Portaferry must have come to an agreement with Dunloy to play their games on the Saturday, fair play to them.
We approached the Dall for Saturday games as well as we run our annual 10k race on the Sunday, they couldn't facilitate as lads were working on Saturday. Fair enough.
Ballycran and Loughgeil played at the same time IIRC.
To facilitate spreading both games apart would mean an early start for one travelling team and / or a late journey home for another and this on Easter Sunday.

Parallel games in the Ards also affects gate receipts, would a North Antrim team be happy with an evening throw in down in the Ards on a Sunday, not getting home the far side of 10pm?

See things from both sides lads.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Loughgiel v Dunloy is now changed.

Reserve 4:30pm & Senior 6pm.

seems someone was listening :D
hurl like f**k boi!