Free Conference Call Software

Started by Orior, March 22, 2020, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Is there any conference call software that is free and easy to use from a smart phone?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GJL

armaghniac

Zoom is good, haven't tried it from a phone. Google Hangouts Meet should work well on an Android phone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Zoom limits you to 40mins per call without a paid licence but you can just start a new one.

Gabriel_Hurl

93-DY-SAM

Zoom. All day every day. Quality video calls. Simple to use and works great on mobile.

Harold Disgracey

Zoom appear to have waived the  40 min limit. Just off a 2 hour call.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Ball Hopper

armaghniac

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 24, 2020, 06:32:20 PM
Zoom the hot stock to buy?

You should have bought stock in the last week in January when this virus became evident.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ball Hopper

Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2020, 07:44:12 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 24, 2020, 06:32:20 PM
Zoom the hot stock to buy?

You should have bought stock in the last week in January when this virus became evident.

Nobody ever made money looking backwards.  Is it a buy under 140 today?  I say YES...you think different for the longer term?

tbrick18

Any of these apps or software suitable for "tutoring" (for want of a better word)?
Basically a tool to use to be able to describe a process, for example, algebra is difficult to explain without showing an example being worked out.

Jell 0 Biafra

Zoom has a whiteboard, which would allow you to work through examples in real time..  You can also share what's showing on your screen, so if you have examples worked out in Powerpoint or wherever, you can share them through Zoom.

Jell 0 Biafra

I must say I'm surprised how well zoom is holding up, given that every college and university in the US is using it.