Started by An Watcher, June 04, 2015, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Aristo 60

They were just a crowd of hoods?

on the sideline

Quote from: laoislad on August 17, 2016, 01:23:35 PM
If your cousin knows so much about cars and imports them himself(from the mainland  ::) ) why didn't you just get him to get a car for you.

Simply because if something did go wrong with the car I've been given an 18 month warranty by the place I've bought from. If something went wrong with a car from over there, how do I get it back over there to get them to sort it under theirs? I wouldn't be buying from him so he wouldn't be offering me the warranty.

AZOffaly

Quote from: on the sideline on August 17, 2016, 01:27:24 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 17, 2016, 01:12:20 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on August 17, 2016, 01:08:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2016, 01:00:42 PM
Just think you had a bee in your bonnet tbh.

So if you'd paid a deposit on a car or anything else and it gets damaged after you've paid it, would just say nothing then?

Have a think. Read it again.

Again I get what you're saying. Had they not agree to take the price of the respray out of the price that was agreed, then I wouldn't have bought the car. It's booked in for next week, so by next Wednesday it'll be good as new.

Yeah your going to say that it should be good as new now. I agree it should. It was. It will be again next week - at their expense.  Given the rest of the car was in spot on condition and given the fact I've been looking for 3 months, have viewed more than 10 of them including over in Scotland, the condition of this car both inside and out was way above any others I've seen - between scrapes that couldn't be filled in or patched, split bumpers, chunks out of dashboards, damaged alloys etc.

It was in the best condition I've seen for one of them as a used car - and will back in that condition by next week - at their expense.

Fair enough you and others may have still walked away at that - but I'm happy enough that that's what's going to happen.  In an ideal world it shouldn't have to I know.  Above all I like the car.

No sideline. Read what hardstation said again, and have a think.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: on the sideline on August 17, 2016, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 17, 2016, 01:23:35 PM
If your cousin knows so much about cars and imports them himself(from the mainland  ::) ) why didn't you just get him to get a car for you.

Simply because if something did go wrong with the car I've been given an 18 month warranty by the place I've bought from. If something went wrong with a car from over there, how do I get it back over there to get them to sort it under theirs? I wouldn't be buying from him so he wouldn't be offering me the warranty.
I'd be gearing up to send a letter to them as it sounds like they have been clutching at straws. I personally would have reversed out of any agreement with them.

on the sideline

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2016, 01:13:05 PM

So if you'd paid a deposit on a car or anything else and it gets damaged after you've paid it, would just say nothing then?
Obviously not, you dipstick.

Awh i can't believe I missed that! lol Very good Hardstation well played lol 👏🏻  ;D

on the sideline

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 17, 2016, 01:38:04 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on August 17, 2016, 01:27:24 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 17, 2016, 01:12:20 PM

Have a think. Read it again.

Again I get what you're saying. Had they not agree to take the price of the respray out of the price that was agreed, then I wouldn't have bought the car. It's booked in for next week, so by next Wednesday it'll be good as new.

Yeah your going to say that it should be good as new now. I agree it should. It was. It will be again next week - at their expense.  Given the rest of the car was in spot on condition and given the fact I've been looking for 3 months, have viewed more than 10 of them including over in Scotland, the condition of this car both inside and out was way above any others I've seen - between scrapes that couldn't be filled in or patched, split bumpers, chunks out of dashboards, damaged alloys etc.

It was in the best condition I've seen for one of them as a used car - and will back in that condition by next week - at their expense.

Fair enough you and others may have still walked away at that - but I'm happy enough that that's what's going to happen.  In an ideal world it shouldn't have to I know.  Above all I like the car.

No sideline. Read what hardstation said again, and have a think.

Yeah I just clicked in to gear there! Thought he was putting the boot in...

general_lee

The shite on here would drive you nuts. As for the a class the mother was considering one about two years ago (eventually ended up with some Japanese scrap with 7 yr warranty), had some weasel from Mercedes Portadown calling her every other day trying to twist her arm. Iirc they didn't score too well with the critics and I think one of the lower entry engines is prone to hassle. That and they're a bit of a woman's car but each to their own.

TabClear

Annoying thing about this is how many people has this crowd done the same thing on? Sideline obviously had done his homework and noticed but I know if my sister/mum/dad rocked up having paid a deposit they would never have thought to check that.

As for the changing the taillights story that's a f**king disgrace.

armaghniac

Quote from: Aristo 60 on August 17, 2016, 01:30:45 PM

a veritable shower of bonnets, indeed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

never kickt a ball

Quote from: armaghniac on August 17, 2016, 02:33:09 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on August 17, 2016, 01:30:45 PM

a veritable shower of bonnets, indeed.

But no match for the hissing cousins.

LeoMc

Quote from: on the sideline on August 17, 2016, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 17, 2016, 11:56:38 AM
Quote from: qubdub on August 15, 2016, 09:29:53 AM
It could have been on other test drives; but more importantly, an A class merc what are you thinking!?
The wife is looking at one of those at the minute. Is there an issue with them or are they just to girly for On the Sideline?

LeoMc it's not me who thinks they're girly!lol I think they're a class looking wee car.
I like the look of them too. I was asking qubdub about his reservations.

manfromdelmonte

Some amount of UK imports coming into the south at the moment

This time last year very few were bothered bringing them in

I expect SIMI to look for something to be done in the budget about it

armaghniac

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 20, 2016, 10:56:10 PM
Some amount of UK imports coming into the south at the moment

This time last year very few were bothered bringing them in

I expect SIMI to look for something to be done in the budget about it

Sterling has dropped 20%, which changes the whole deal. There isn't much the government can do and they get a cut of the imports anyway. New car sales are also buoyant so SIMI are not in much trouble, there is a backlog of demand now being filled.

That said, I traded in an 05 Focus in good nick in early April and it is still on sale, so there may be problems moving the older trade ins off the forecourt.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

manfromdelmonte

Yeah.

I'm actually thinking of trading down from my current car to an older model.
Serious amount of quality used cars out there.