The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Jurgen near fell off the bus #scenes

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 02, 2019, 06:47:31 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 02, 2019, 12:17:38 PM
I've posted as little as possible in here in recent times as I've always been terrified of putting the scud on us. I've been lucky enough to have follow the club since 1983 when I started getting an interest in sport...kinda followed on ironically from NI in the 1982 World Cup and my best friend being a nephew of Pat Jennings and we both were budding goalkeepers. I have seen some great Liverpool teams. The 1984 team was the left overs from the late 70's along with the new additions from the early 80's. It was a team that constantly evolved.  I think if Heysel hadn't happened we'd be sitting now on about 10 Big Ears such was the class of that group and the team that Kenny built. Then Hillsborough. That broke the club. Then Ged's heart attack when things seemed like they were building nicely.  2005 was a snatch and grab and the 2007 team was actually much better but so were Milan. Despite the performance though this has been the sweetest. This has been a build, this has been a squad development, this has been a proper creation of something special. I know from my own personal experience what it's like when something like this happens, it creates belief in yourself and fear in others. I think this is what is scaring other clubs' fans so much. This is the proper awakening moment I feel. We have the players and the likes of Madrid and Barca are not the draw anymore. We have one of the best managers in the world, some of the best players in the world and let's face it probably the most fanatical and loyal bunch of fans you could ever imagine. There is nothing this club and team cannot do. Forget the performance, Spurs were shite too. This competition was only completed last night, it was won against PSG in Anfield, Napoli in Anfield, Bayern Munich and Barca in Anfield. Last night was just the topping on a fantastic season. #YNWA #6times

Just as well Liverpool are doing the business for ye BCB as that Armagh team must have ye boking yer ring out!!

My county bandwagon hasn't started yet....I only support them when they get to a final!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 02, 2019, 12:47:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 02, 2019, 12:40:54 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 01, 2019, 10:58:51 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 01, 2019, 10:33:37 PM
Disappointing result and score line a bit harsh, Messi and Suarez just more clinical.
Can't believe some tw.ts on here laughing at a team that is 26 points better than theirs. Complete pr..cks

26 points but it looks like f**k-all trophies yet again!  Even Wigan have won a major since you guys!  ;D

Does it make you feel better that I had a bet on Barca to win and both teams to score? Yes? Good!  Now dry your wee eyes and shuffle off to bed.  Next year is yours ...maybe 8)

;D 8)
He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Good posts from BCB, Laoislad and J70.

Have we seen the last of Moreno, Sturridge, Lallana etc?
Yes, Yes, No.

quit yo jibbajabba

Capt Pat

Sturridge and Moreno are now officially gone.

laoislad

Both would still do a job at mid table clubs like Man United or Everton
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on June 04, 2019, 09:32:47 PM

Mind yourself getting down from that big high horse there LL. Things can change very quickly at any club.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on June 04, 2019, 11:28:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 04, 2019, 09:32:47 PM

Mind yourself getting down from that big high horse there LL. Things can change very quickly at any club.

Yes. Liverpool has it's own fair share of driftwood and a lot could change if a big boy club like Real Madrid with a whopper cheque book and nabbed a few of our brighter lights!

TabClear

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 04, 2019, 09:07:33 PM

Good luck to them both. Europa league final a few years ago probably sums up what people will remember, a sublime finish from Sturridge and a defensive horror show from Moreno. People forget how good Sturridge was in 2013/14 because of Suarez's epic season and unfortunately he has been plagued with injuries since. A supremely talented footballer who is one of the best finishers in the league. If he went to the likes of a Newcastle/Wolves/Leicester where he got a run of games as a starter he would easily contribute 15-18 goals a season.

As for Moreno, what can you say.  Ironically it was only 18 months ago he was keeping Robbo out of the team and playing well before he picked up an ankle injury. Robertson came in, VVD joined and the defence has never looked back. Glimpses of talent, generally going forward but too prone to errors and never lived up to his billing. Unfortunately he will forever be remembered for his Europa League final fiasco. Seems a popular lad in the squad so wish him all the best

Dire Ear

Don't the sound of that..
Reds boss Jurgen Klopp could take a year's sabbatical from football management when his contract at Anfield expires in 2022. (ESPN)
:o

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 05, 2019, 10:13:54 AM
Don't the sound of that..
Reds boss Jurgen Klopp could take a year's sabbatical from football management when his contract at Anfield expires in 2022. (ESPN)
:o

He ran Dortmund into the ground - seems like he learned his lesson from the same voice syndrome.

thebuzz

Quote from: TabClear on June 05, 2019, 07:19:12 AM

Good luck to them both. Europa league final a few years ago probably sums up what people will remember, a sublime finish from Sturridge and a defensive horror show from Moreno. People forget how good Sturridge was in 2013/14 because of Suarez's epic season and unfortunately he has been plagued with injuries since. A supremely talented footballer who is one of the best finishers in the league. If he went to the likes of a Newcastle/Wolves/Leicester where he got a run of games as a starter he would easily contribute 15-18 goals a season.

As for Moreno, what can you say.  Ironically it was only 18 months ago he was keeping Robbo out of the team and playing well before he picked up an ankle injury. Robertson came in, VVD joined and the defence has never looked back. Glimpses of talent, generally going forward but too prone to errors and never lived up to his billing. Unfortunately he will forever be remembered for his Europa League final fiasco. Seems a popular lad in the squad so wish him all the best

A lad said to me on Saturday night that Suarez made Sturridge look good but I also thought he was excellent in his own right.

TabClear

Quote from: thebuzz on June 05, 2019, 01:01:22 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 05, 2019, 07:19:12 AM

A lad said to me on Saturday night that Suarez made Sturridge look good but I also thought he was excellent in his own right.

5th quickest to 50 goals for Liverpool I think which given he never took penalties is impressive. Quicker than Fowler, Suarez, Rush and Owen among others. He was brilliant that year, some of his goals were top quality. There was a chip from about 25 yards against WBA (I think) that stands out

Edit: Just found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf9Xbvo4YVk

gerrykeegan

Anyone want to tell Gab that he needs to update your trophy list on page 1
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

RedHand88

Odds on De Ligt havr went from 20/1 to 4/1 in a day. Is something afoot?...