China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on November 24, 2020, 07:19:14 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 24, 2020, 06:56:30 PM
I got a test booked really quickly for last Wednesday and the place was dead. The rest of had to test on Friday and the place was bunged. (Carryduff). Dunno what that says mind you lol.

Less than 2k tests seems low.

What a doctor said to me was that it wasn't really important what numbers were but hospital turnover and they are never really dropping in numbers - it's constant. Hopefully in weeks to come that will change.

Wonder why they don't report daily hospital admissions as that would mean more than how many people have tested positive.

Maybe they do but it's never the headline figure you'd hear on the news.

Might be in dashboard but was never reported on news, usually new cases and deaths

imtommygunn

They really need to look at how they are reporting it in the media on the whole. Hospital occupancy etc is IMO more important than daily cases. I am not sure the motive in how they report it and whether or not it is to cause people to take it seriously or whether it's alarmist for headlines or what it is but I wouldn't be sure it's been done too well.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 06:17:16 PM
Wonder why there has been a drop in testing? Is it because people not getting symptoms, so not testing as many, or people not testing because it would affect their income, should they be positive? 

Or, hopefully we have turned a corner? Well at least for a week, but after the shopping spree has Infected a few!

People are too busy doing their Christmas shopping to go get tested sure.

imtommygunn

Testing can be done next week when everything has been shut ;D No time to get sick this week.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 24, 2020, 09:10:15 PM
Testing can be done next week when everything has been shut ;D No time to get sick this week.

There is a slight degree of truth in this.

BennyCake

Quote from: Pub Bore on November 23, 2020, 01:39:55 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 23, 2020, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 23, 2020, 11:13:40 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 23, 2020, 11:12:18 AM
Scenes in Belfast this weekend getting a bit of airtime. Can only imagine what it will be like mid December when everything re opens....

Im sort of lost on what people want at this stage?

Open, shut, open and shut or what?

They want Tazering.

followed by a good boot up the hole.

From a man with a leg 2 metres long, obviously.

imtommygunn

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 24, 2020, 09:19:49 PM

Sadly I would say you are right.

armaghniac

Vincent Kearney, the RTÉ 6 county correspondent reports the hospital numbers each day on Twitter

Wednesday 445 confirmed Coronavirus patients in hospital, with 37 in ICU
Tuesday 438 confirmed Coronavirus patients in hospital, with 37 in ICU,
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lfdown2

I had been tracking that number when things were beginning to get worse, around September time but noticed that while yesterdays headline figure was 445 by today that same inpatients number for yesterdays date could have increased - a reporting lag issue, therefore you need to be looking at it a number of days behind.

For example, Monday's dashboard had an inpatient number of 438 but when you look at yesterday's dashboard it shows that Monday actually had 482 inpatients.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 24, 2020, 09:21:02 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 24, 2020, 09:19:49 PM

Sadly I would say you are right.

At first people were quite paranoid, afraid of passing it on etc, now there is a sense of, we aren't getting tested to be punished.

You can tell in daily conversations that is the new thinking over the past few weeks from the people I've been in touch with via work etc.

It's a strange, but ultimately probably true outcome. Don't get tested....No new (asymptomatic) cases can be registered....ow numbers, open up. People feel they are being punished now, that is the road to ruin for the goodwill. The latest lockdown measures have really annoyed 99% of my daily interaction.

imtommygunn

How they have done the latest lockdowns must be really frustrating though for a business. If people knew there was an end goal or some kind of plan to lock down, assess numbers and then reevaluate etc that would help. It just feels knee jerk all the time. The thing that always gets me too is that they say it takes 2 weeks to establish if a lockdown worked so they announce lockdown for 2 weeks - so then how can any business plan for anything if then they will just do another knee jerk decision at the end of it. If they are to lockdown they need 4 weeks and assess in 3 weeks to communicate what happens after week 4 or something like that. That would at least sound like a strategy which is something that is very lacking at present. Yes it can't be easy but it could be done so so much better.

While people would be better not being out in their droves people en masse will have behaviours like that. It is up to government to not present the opportunity. If in 2-3 weeks there's a spike they have a lot to answer for.

Saffrongael

I know it's incredibly complex for governments but I'm sorry there is only so much they can do, if people are gonna be c***ts and go about in their droves, boozing, mixing, not wearing a mask etc what can you do ? The risks are well known at this stage
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

BennyCake

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 25, 2020, 12:52:57 PM
I know it's incredibly complex for governments but I'm sorry there is only so much they can do, if people are gonna be c***ts and go about in their droves, boozing, mixing, not wearing a mask etc what can you do ? The risks are well known at this stage

One word - Tazer.

NAG1

Quote from: BennyCake on November 25, 2020, 01:01:12 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 25, 2020, 12:52:57 PM

One word - Tazer.

I would have went for something stronger I think in the Holylands the other night. How many warnings do these individuals need?

Get on like that and then all head home and spread it around their families just in time for Christmas.

imtommygunn

Back to normal up here today. 9k+ tests and 533 cases. Not good.