Computer stuff

Started by bigfrank, November 14, 2008, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Was wondering if anyone knows a way of uploading Microsoft word/office on to computer for free??? I can u can get 60 day trials that take about 55 days to set up and download lol:)

Or anything else that can help a computer user for free ie anti virus packages,spy ware etc

Computer dont seem to be goin that great this past while,was wondering if there was a way of cleanin it out or something

Any help greatly appreciated

ziggysego

Open Source is an alternative to Office. No major differences and it's free.
Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

havent tried it, but I believe that 'Lotus symphony'
is a free word processing, spreadsheet etc suite of apps.

I hear it opens ms word and ms excel files in its equiv applications

you can also save your documents/spreadsheets in the symphony applications to word or excel format

otherwise the answer is you have to either buy the full cost ms ofice, a pirate version in jonesboro market or get someone to 'lend' you a copy

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

nifan

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2008, 03:53:02 PM
Open Source is an alternative to Office. No major differences and it's free.

I assume you mean open office.
It is a good option

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

bigfrank

thanks alot,i will give this open office a try here

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2008, 04:28:54 PM
Yeah, Open Office.

I have it, its ok i dont really use it a lot though..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

mylestheslasher

Download a not strictly legal version of a peer to peer server such as emule.

WeeDonns

pm headed your way big frank

bigfrank

Cant get that open office thing to work,think my computer is kinda fuked lol:):)anyway of scannin computer for viruses etc and gettin rid of them for free!! I have microsoft works,it is crap!think my brother downloaded it one time ::)

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: bigfrank on November 14, 2008, 06:10:52 PM
Cant get that open office thing to work,think my computer is kinda fuked lol:):)anyway of scannin computer for viruses etc and gettin rid of them for free!! I have microsoft works,it is crap!think my brother downloaded it one time ::)
Is it the most recent version of Open Office that you have? That's 2.4 AFAIR
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

bigfrank

everythin i try to open has some kind of problem or needs another package or feature to open it with!!annoyin at this stage,was does everyone use to open downloads etc

bigfrank

Eventually got microsoft office downloaded and working,looks to be the real deal!! Thanks to all

bigfrank

Was wondering if anyone has any links or ideas on gettin free spyware or anti virus software than can scan ur computer to find problems and deal with them!! Anything i have will scan it for you and tell u have problems but have to buy the package before they help you!!

I take it u can download software somwhere on limewire(heard its not reliable) or somewhere else

thanks