2015 Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, September 29, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you purchase a 2015 Croke Park GAA Season Ticket?

Yes
20 (45.5%)
No
14 (31.8%)
Maybe
3 (6.8%)
A County "+" Season Ticket
7 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

mayo.mick

The value has being diminishing the last few years. Was great value when league matchs were €15, reduced to €13 then and you can now buy €10 tickets in supervalue. If anything they should be reducing the season ticket by €10!
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

BennyCake

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2014, 01:13:15 AM
The value has being diminishing the last few years. Was great value when league matchs were €15, reduced to €13 then and you can now buy €10 tickets in supervalue. If anything they should be reducing the season ticket by €10!

Agreed. 7 games x €10 is €70. Only a handful of counties will get to a nfl final. Most fans won't get to all league games, so then thats €15 for the first c'ship game (which is the usual cost anyway). Ok it gets you into other counties games and club finals, but that's not to everyone's liking or convenience. So I honestly don't see the value. And you're right, if anything, the cost should be reduced.

T Fearon

Never mind the cost,why do they have to be bought three months before the league season starts ?

rosnarun

thats to give existing holders a head start on renewal before they release them for general sale.
i know all mayo tickets were sold out/
I suppose on question is why is there a limit?
and also Why do Super value customers get a discount for the league?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

donelli

Doesn't make mush sense upping the season ticket price.
Its very little incentive to those counties who don't make the All Ireland Final.

€85 now.
We have 3 home games. If I make 2 away games, individually I would only pay €50 for those 5 games. Ticket into the first round of the Ulster championship is €20.
so for the benefit of a season ticket I will be paying at least €15 (+admin fee) extra.

On top of that the Ulster championship tickets that season ticket holders received were very bad seats (Clones). Those who paid at the gate could choose to sit at the unreserved seats of the Pat McGrane while season ticket holders had to endure terrible seats in row A, 20m line, in the Gerry Arthur stand.

Season tickets is a must if you are from Dublin/Mayo/Kerry etc to guarentee decent Croke Park All Ireland final tickets, but none for the remainder of the counties.

BennyCake

Quote from: donelli on October 01, 2014, 04:52:27 PM
Doesn't make mush sense upping the season ticket price.
Its very little incentive to those counties who don't make the All Ireland Final.

€85 now.
We have 3 home games. If I make 2 away games, individually I would only pay €50 for those 5 games. Ticket into the first round of the Ulster championship is €20.
so for the benefit of a season ticket I will be paying at least €15 (+admin fee) extra.

On top of that the Ulster championship tickets that season ticket holders received were very bad seats (Clones). Those who paid at the gate could choose to sit at the unreserved seats of the Pat McGrane while season ticket holders had to endure terrible seats in row A, 20m line, in the Gerry Arthur stand.

Season tickets is a must if you are from Dublin/Mayo/Kerry etc to guarentee decent Croke Park All Ireland final tickets, but none for the remainder of the counties.

Yeah the seating is an issue too. If we made it to Croke Park, I'd always try to ensure we was covered in case of rain (and a decent view of the match). I don't want to be stuck in Row A.

Farrandeelin

If the Mayo STs sell out again, which could happen, there will be lots of Cáirde Mhaigh Eo ticket holders really angry I'm sure. There's a lot of anger over on WJ's blog about not buying the CM tickets and instead getting CP ones instead, well if they sell out again, there won't be any spares will there?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Club 51

The Mayo and Dublin season tickets are open for renewals only. Anyone the doesn't renew, their tickets will go on sale on the 1st of November. Does anyone know how many season tickets there are?

mayo.mick

I'd say there'll be a lot of cairde ticket holders pissed off not being able to buy croke park season tickets. I'm hearing a lot of cairde holders not renewing this year.
Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on October 01, 2014, 10:46:50 PM
The Mayo and Dublin season tickets are open for renewals only. Anyone the doesn't renew, their tickets will go on sale on the 1st of November. Does anyone know how many season tickets there are?
@mayo_mick

PAULD123

Would the increase in Season ticket prices indicate that the GAA will announce in January that League tickets are going to stop the early purchase discount where you can but the ticket the day before in Supervalue for €10?

At the minute I am likely to attend 6 out of seven league matches (I aim for 7 but always something comes up). That means I can pay €60 total at Supervalue. So the Season ticket no longer means value for money, it is a break even situation. The only advantage is if you really will go to lots of games from other counties. I would, but my fine lady would not be impressed.

So for me there will be no season ticket this year

Croí na hÉireann

How do the Supervalu tickets work lads? Do you for instance have to spend €50 first before you can get a ticket for a tenner or can you just call in and queue at a till?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

orangeman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM
How do the Supervalu tickets work lads? Do you for instance have to spend €50 first before you can get a ticket for a tenner or can you just call in and queue at a till?

Just call in. No purchase necessary.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM

Yeah, I think you can just buy them at the till for €10.
@mayo_mick

mayo.mick

Does anyone have any idea how many season tickets were sold per county or what the cap is on Dublin and Mayo? I know the first year they were capped at 250 per county and was increased to 500 in 2010.
@mayo_mick

Goldengreen

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 06, 2014, 10:19:10 PM
Does anyone have any idea how many season tickets were sold per county or what the cap is on Dublin and Mayo? I know the first year they were capped at 250 per county and was increased to 500 in 2010.

In Donegal, for the All Ireland final there was a break down of Ticket allocations, and it was noted there were  800 season ticket holders of which 400 were entitled to an all-ireland final ticket.

I half recall the cap going up to 1000 season tickets per county a few years back. But cant quote a source for it.