Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: snoopdog on May 22, 2020, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: Boycey on May 21, 2020, 06:15:50 PM
Forgot today for the 12th anniversary of John Terry day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=sTetzCGyZJ8

I went 52 hours without sleep travelling to/from Moscow but worth it all  :)

I was there also behind the goals with the penalties . Long aul day but a great day. Think it was a 4.30am flight out of Dublin. All day in Moscow and found a pub full of utd. The airport in Moscow going home was like a cattle market. I remember we were one of the last flights out before a storm shut them down for a few hours.

Sounds like we were on same flight, were you in the Hard Rock Cafe too by any chance  :). The game wasn't on til 22.45 local time, with the et and penos it didnt finish til after 2AM. I was sat beside a rep from travel company on the way home, he reckoned there were a few on the plane not from our group but he wasn't going to query it  ;D

J70

Quote from: Boycey on May 22, 2020, 09:08:21 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on May 22, 2020, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: Boycey on May 21, 2020, 06:15:50 PM
Forgot today for the 12th anniversary of John Terry day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=sTetzCGyZJ8

I went 52 hours without sleep travelling to/from Moscow but worth it all  :)

I was there also behind the goals with the penalties . Long aul day but a great day. Think it was a 4.30am flight out of Dublin. All day in Moscow and found a pub full of utd. The airport in Moscow going home was like a cattle market. I remember we were one of the last flights out before a storm shut them down for a few hours.

Sounds like we were on same flight, were you in the Hard Rock Cafe too by any chance  :). The game wasn't on til 22.45 local time, with the et and penos it didnt finish til after 2AM. I was sat beside a rep from travel company on the way home, he reckoned there were a few on the plane not from our group but he wasn't going to query it  ;D

;D ;D

Boycey

Ah we'll continue the theme, today is the day of all days  8)

https://youtu.be/LC_f9CB1Pmg

I have several stories relating to '99 but I'll tell this one. I was at the match and in the delirium after the final whistle we missed our coach back to Salou. We weren't that arsed and spent several brilliant hours tipping in and out of bars and cafes around Las Ramblas and enjoying the singsong with the throngs of United fans. About 3AM there was the dawning realization that we were 50/60 miles from our beds.

Taxis were as rare as hens teeth with thousands in the same boat as us but a local driver saw an opportunity and negotiated a fee of about 150 to take us to Salou. Four weary lads got into his car with me in the front. The three in the back promptly fell asleep and as we drove out onto the motorway I noticed Pedro's driving getting more and more erratic. He kept driving over the rumble strips, he was falling asleep too!!!! I thought fcuk this we're going to all die on the greatest night of our life's. My Spanish was as good as his English so conversation was out the window. I eventually woke the boys in the back and we sang Utd and rebel songs the whole way to Salou to keep the fcuker awake.

Anyway four bedraggled guys landed at the hotel in Salou about 5AM. The night porter must have took pity on us and produced a case of beer from somewhere and we watched the sunrise sipping beer on a balcony overlooking the sea. Good times  8)

Often wondered did the taxi man make it back to Barcelona in one piece  ;D

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on May 26, 2020, 09:30:04 AM

I have several stories relating to '99 but I'll tell this one. I was at the match and in the delirium after the final whistle we missed our coach back to Salou. We weren't that arsed and spent several brilliant hours tipping in and out of bars and cafes around Las Ramblas and enjoying the singsong with the throngs of United fans. About 3AM there was the dawning realization that we were 50/60 miles from our beds.

Taxis were as rare as hens teeth with thousands in the same boat as us but a local driver saw an opportunity and negotiated a fee of about 150 to take us to Salou. Four weary lads got into his car with me in the front. The three in the back promptly fell asleep and as we drove out onto the motorway I noticed Pedro's driving getting more and more erratic. He kept driving over the rumble strips, he was falling asleep too!!!! I thought fcuk this we're going to all die on the greatest night of our life's. My Spanish was as good as his English so conversation was out the window. I eventually woke the boys in the back and we sang Utd and rebel songs the whole way to Salou to keep the fcuker awake.

Anyway four bedraggled guys landed at the hotel in Salou about 5AM. The night porter must have took pity on us and produced a case of beer from somewhere and we watched the sunrise sipping beer on a balcony overlooking the sea. Good times  8)

Great story hard to believe its 21 years ago today.

I re-watched the full match on Manunited.com recently while Bayern had two good opportunities to get a 2nd goal (post and crossbar saved United) the view from many non United fans that Bayern outplayed United was a total myth.

From the Bunker

Kahn at the end just brushes by Schmeichel in disgust!  :-\

BennyCake

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 26, 2020, 06:55:49 PM

Great story hard to believe its 21 years ago today.

I re-watched the full match on Manunited.com recently while Bayern had two good opportunities to get a 2nd goal (post and crossbar saved United) the view from many non United fans that Bayern outplayed United was a total myth.

I'm not sure if Bayern outplayed United, but they had far more chances to score. United were poor, and I'm not sure if they created any clear cut chances, and never looked like creating anything. I just thought it was going to be one of those nights were nothing really clicked.

Milltown Row2

Utd were missing two world class players, one that motivated the team so much that he dragged the semifinal from defeat to victory the other an player with no equals during that time. I feared that they were going to take a beating from a decent Bayern team.

So for a lot of that game Utd were average. But you win the game by scoring goals and it doesn't matter what time you score them!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Lots of chat of PP heading out the door, Rabiot coming the other way if he goes back to Juve?

What do you make the Saul Niguez story, another player using the club to raise their profile or something more serious?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on June 03, 2020, 08:30:05 AM
Lots of chat of PP heading out the door, Rabiot coming the other way if he goes back to Juve?

What do you make the Saul Niguez story, another player using the club to raise their profile or something more serious?

Bring in Sancho & Grealish and another centre mid and get rid of Pogba, Lingard & Pereira and I'd be delighted with that. I can't see United going near Rabiot based on what I've read on him, he's troubled.

Keeping Ighalo on until the end of January is a good move, he's had a great impact so far and adds something different.

As for Saul, I'd be amazed if he ended up at OT.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 03, 2020, 10:30:04 AM

Bring in Sancho & Grealish and another centre mid and get rid of Pogba, Lingard & Pereira and I'd be delighted with that. I can't see United going near Rabiot based on what I've read on him, he's troubled.

Keeping Ighalo on until the end of January is a good move, he's had a great impact so far and adds something different.

MM you really think he is up to the level?
I'm not convinced maybe havent seen enough of him but just doesnt see to be a fit for me, maybe I am wrong.

tiempo

Quote from: NAG1 on June 03, 2020, 12:17:41 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 03, 2020, 10:30:04 AM

MM you really think he is up to the level?
I'm not convinced maybe havent seen enough of him but just doesnt see to be a fit for me, maybe I am wrong.

Easily good enough. Reminiscent of Roberto Baggio.

Has shown he can do plenty when carrying a team. At his best when given responsibility but also needs support.

Ideally plays pretty free and given licence to take the ball off defenders deep as well as wait for a bit of supply further up the odd time, playing with that freedom he'd be a hard man for the opposition to manage.

If they put him on the wing or just expect him to be a player for the final third it'll be a waste. Look forward to see him stepping up, great player to watch.

Farrandeelin

What channels are the rest of Utd's premier league games on?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

The 1st 3 league games are on Sky and the cup quarter final is on BBC on a Sat evening.