Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

+1

With the same budget as football, agreed in advance.

Not trying to be devisive but with football is in division four and I don't see FQ trawling all round the south trying to get a big name to sort out our problems!

Never Do. With the exception of Baker every county football manager has come from Belfast. If he isn't from up the road he is from... down the road...or in the occasional deviance, from up the hill.

Level budget. Level ambition. Level playing field Please.

paddyjohn

What do we have to lose appointing him? Morale can't be much lower within the county, maybe one of our own is what we need to boost it instead of an outsider.

Personally I don't care who gets the job as long as he/she can get us playing well and get our best talent on the pitch!

btdtgtt

If PJ is not appointed - I would be interested in simple answers;
Why not?
What did the successful candidate offer over PJ?
That's it in a nutshell.

Na Glinntí Glasa

they cant even tell us whats happening at Dunsilly so i wont hold my breath to find out the reasons if PJ doesnt get the job.

hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

We've been told the builders will be starting straight after the AGM  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

The wee man working deviously like mad behind the scenes has now teamed Manley and Lennon together as the dream ticket for Antrim. Words fail me.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Hirty Darry

So Ciaran Barr was appointed to make a RECOMMENDATION as to who the next Antrim manger was to be. 

Does anyone know how many candidates he actually interviewed or how many of the rumoured candidates took a vacancy elsewhere?

Perhaps Ciaran Barr only interviewed PJ.

I would like to know the hard facts before passing judgement.

Perhaps the County Secretary felt there was no real opposition to PJ and has quite rightly found a few suitable candidates - why shouldn't they be given a shot?

PJ will still be selected if he is deemed the right man for the job.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Hirty Darry on November 10, 2015, 12:57:02 PM
So Ciaran Barr was appointed to make a RECOMMENDATION as to who the next Antrim manger was to be. 

Does anyone know how many candidates he actually interviewed or how many of the rumoured candidates took a vacancy elsewhere?

Perhaps Ciaran Barr only interviewed PJ.

I would like to know the hard facts before passing judgement.

Perhaps the County Secretary felt there was no real opposition to PJ and has quite rightly found a few suitable candidates - why shouldn't they be given a shot?

PJ will still be selected if he is deemed the right man for the job.
what one of the sons are you??   He was deemed the right man by the man who was given the job of finding the new manager.  If it was anyone from Cdall Ballycastle Dunloy or wherever I'd feel the same.  Time for an in house manager who actually knows club hurling in Antrim.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: culchie11 on November 09, 2015, 11:08:03 PM
County meeting set for weds night lads hopefully be white smoke then and hurlers can get back training in next coup,e of weeks!

Pj has his interview for job tomorrow night! Hopefully he gets the job and the whole process never happens like that again.
to my knowledge he's had it. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Pjoe

The wee man working deviously like mad behind the scenes has now teamed Manley and Lennon together as the dream ticket for Antrim

That is factually incorrect! And I know for sure.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Pjoe on November 10, 2015, 01:10:37 PM
The wee man working deviously like mad behind the scenes has now teamed Manley and Lennon together as the dream ticket for Antrim

which part?  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 10, 2015, 01:27:59 PM
Quote from: Pjoe on November 10, 2015, 01:10:37 PM

which part?  ;)

SIE sure you have the inside track on the whole process and seem to know so much about it  ;)

You could give us all the info on it and set Pjoe straight  ;D

Pjoe

The latter part of the statement about the dream ticket.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Pjoe on November 10, 2015, 01:59:24 PM
The latter part of the statement about the dream ticket.
I suppose we'll have to wait and see

Na Glinntí Glasa

Ulster Hurling Championship gets a major makeover
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/hurlingandcamogie/2015/11/10/news/ulster-hurling-championship-gets-a-makeover-319767/?param=ds441rif44T

The four teams in the top tier will be drawn together in semi-finals (Antrim v Derry and Armagh v Down), with the winners going on to the final. The semi-final losers will meet in a play-off and the losing side will swap places with the winner of the second-tier competition, which will be played off along identical lines – two semi-finals and a final.

The timeframe hasn't been confirmed yet, but it is understood the preferred date for the Championship would be July. The new format will initially be brought in for a two-year trial period, but Michael Hasson, vice-president of the Ulster Council, is confident it will prove popular with players and supporters.
hurl like f**k boi!