Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Dunno what yous are on about this extra money in your pocket.
We will all be fit to head off to the bog now and win turf instead of splurging money on home heating oil.
Whats more there will be a demand for them in the south so we will be fit to sell on the black market. The wee6 will never have been better off.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: stew on June 24, 2016, 08:38:56 PM
Quote from: Armamike on June 24, 2016, 06:33:59 PM
The lunatics have taken over the asylum.  I wonder how many of the average joes in England who voted for leave really understand the possible impact of this on their pockets.  Who will they blame about the state of the NHS and the lack of jobs in 5 years time?  Big bad EU can't carry the can anymore. Over here, it's going to be a much tougher job for InvestNI to attract investment here now.

Listen to yourselves, the people have voted democratically to exit the EU, quit whinging and finger pointing and accept the decision and move on.

I will gladly accept this decision I actually find it very funny how these idiots are so f**king gullible to buy the crap they have been peedled by the leave camp £350 mill a day for the NHS didn't last past 10.30 the next morning. The exit vote had f..all to do with economics NHS or any of that crap. It boils down to racisim of the little Englanders. Huge sections of the horticultural and food industry in the UK rely on immigrants to do the jobs that the little englanders feel is beneath them a Unionist friend today was appoleptic about the fact that the UK was voted out of the EU by people who didnt have the first notion what they were doing. I nearly split my sides laughing when he started on the DUP In his words scewing with the Union and inviting the scots to vote on a cert leave referendum.

omaghjoe

We will now be able to reap the rewards of democracy and a free press, what a glorious country we live in

INDIANA

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 24, 2016, 08:56:33 PM
The lunatics have taken over the asylum.  I wonder how many of the average joes in England who voted for leave really understand the possible impact of this on their pockets.  Who will they blame about the state of the NHS and the lack of jobs in 5 years time?  Big bad EU can't carry the can anymore. Over here, it's going to be a much tougher job for InvestNI to attract investment here now.

Listen to yourselves, the people have voted democratically to exit the EU, quit whinging and finger pointing and accept the decision and move on.

I will gladly accept this decision I actually find it very funny how these idiots are so f**king gullible to buy the crap they have been peedled by the leave camp £350 mill a day for the NHS didn't last past 10.30 the next morning. The exit vote had f..all to do with economics NHS or any of that crap. It boils down to racisim of the little Englanders. Huge sections of the horticultural and food industry in the UK rely on immigrants to do the jobs that the little englanders feel is beneath them a Unionist friend today was appoleptic about the fact that the UK was voted out of the EU by people who didnt have the first notion what they were doing. I nearly split my sides laughing when he started on the DUP In his words scewing with the Union and inviting the scots to vote on a cert leave referendum.

100 percent correct. English people have always been traditionally stupid and this put the tin lid on it. They are also one of the most racist populations in the world.
You only have to look at the yobbos representing them singing Republican Songs outside Irish Bars in France. And to think some Irish people from the North voted in unison with these clowns. A ringing endorsement of the Northern education system!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2016, 08:33:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2016, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2016, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: heganboy on June 24, 2016, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 24, 2016, 05:18:39 PM
I wonder will Arlene be so smug when the likes of Citigroup up sticks and move to Dublin?

I'm not so sure that this is an immediate concern but definitely not he 5-7 year horizon

A much more immediate problem is the reality is that a lot of the companies who were very advanced in their plans to move to the north will stall out until the uncertainty is no longer a concern in whatever that should be. The markets and CFOs hate uncertainty and unpredictability.
It is partly their fault  Working class voters haven't had decent payrises for years in large swathes of the UK. That came home with a vengeance today

Mist bankers and government workers had pay freezes for a long time during the recession as did most people working in public and private sector...so that covers a large proportion of working class?
MR it goes back at least 20 years
Wages in Wales have never recovered from the 1980s
NI is sheltered from the real world in many respects

Wages in Wales has never been great but they have always had a low living costs.... Nothing like wages in the rest of uk.  N.i wages about on a par with North east England and parts of Scotland....

A lot of areas that have money (bar London) voted to leave
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omaghjoe

Quote from: INDIANA on June 24, 2016, 09:04:34 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 24, 2016, 08:56:33 PM

100 percent correct. English people have always been traditionally stupid and this put the tin lid on it. They are also one of the most racist populations in the world.
You only have to look at the yobbos representing them singing Republican Songs outside Irish Bars in France. And to think some Irish people from the North voted in unison with these clowns. A ringing endorsement of the Northern education system!

Irish Republican songs?
Or is more the Cromwellian type of republican songs?

seafoid

Send her victorious, happy and glorious

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/29a7964c-3953-11e6-9a05-82a9b15a8ee7.html

The UK and, to a lesser degree, the EU are now at the beginning of an extended period of uncertainty. The Conservatives will have new leadership. Whether they will manage to produce a coherent government is another matter. They then will have to do what Brexiters failed to do during their mendacious campaign — map out a plan for unravelling the UK's connections with the EU. They broke it; they now own it. But, alas, it seems unlikely that there is any plan on which Brexiters can agree.

The UK economy is going to be reconfigured. Those businesses that have set up in the UK to serve the EU market must reconsider their position. The City's role in trading in euro-denominated assets will be undermined. Manufacturers will also have to consider how to readjust their productive capacity. Many will relocate. Businesses who depend on their ability to employ European nationals freely will have to reshape operations. Many will want to move inside the EU single market. Such decisions will not have to be made at once. But they will drive down investment now. In economic life, the future is always, to an extent, here today.
In the short term, however, it will be difficult to make any such decisions sensibly. Business simply does not know how politicians will end up approaching the difficult negotiations ahead. This uncertainty has always been the obvious result of a vote to leave. Only time will clear this fog. But the view that, beyond a lengthy period of transition, the UK will be poorer than it would otherwise have been is overwhelmingly probable. The UK did well inside the EU. It is unlikely to do as well outside it.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Now that Cameron is handing over to his party's Brexit rump - have they any idea what they want now?
Have that any idea what sort of relationship they might want with the 400m people in the EU?
Are they going to just look on them as " the rest of the world" that we might do some business with
Or
Have they any idea ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

It has been some week for news. Galway beat Mayo. Ireland beat Italy. NI qualified. And now brexit. 
Brexit fexit though

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on June 24, 2016, 09:27:15 PM
Now that Cameron is handing over to his party's Brexit rump - have they any idea what they want now?
Have that any idea what sort of relationship they might want with the 400m people in the EU?
Are they going to just look on them as " the rest of the world" that we might do some business with
Or
Have they any idea ?

No. Europe isn't the issue. Brexit won't fix the current account or generate pay rises. 
Some very difficult years ahead for the UK

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2016, 09:15:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2016, 08:33:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2016, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2016, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: heganboy on June 24, 2016, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 24, 2016, 05:18:39 PM
I wonder will Arlene be so smug when the likes of Citigroup up sticks and move to Dublin?

I'm not so sure that this is an immediate concern but definitely not he 5-7 year horizon

A much more immediate problem is the reality is that a lot of the companies who were very advanced in their plans to move to the north will stall out until the uncertainty is no longer a concern in whatever that should be. The markets and CFOs hate uncertainty and unpredictability.
It is partly their fault  Working class voters haven't had decent payrises for years in large swathes of the UK. That came home with a vengeance today

Mist bankers and government workers had pay freezes for a long time during the recession as did most people working in public and private sector...so that covers a large proportion of working class?
MR it goes back at least 20 years
Wages in Wales have never recovered from the 1980s
NI is sheltered from the real world in many respects

Wages in Wales has never been great but they have always had a low living costs.... Nothing like wages in the rest of uk.  N.i wages about on a par with North east England and parts of Scotland....

A lot of areas that have money (bar London) voted to leave
Boston in Lincolnshire recorded this highest percentage vote to leave. It is also Britain's least integrated area. These areas in Eastern England are reliant on migrant workers for picking crops.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/boston-how-a-lincolnshire-town-became-the-most-divided-place-in-england-a6838041.html

If you have a lack of integration, a oerception that immigrantd are stealing your (minimum wage jobs no locals want) and The Sun and The Daily Mail throw fuel on the fire, then Leave campaigners can mop up handy votes.

seafoid

Precarity in England is a huge factor in this vote

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/top-stories/corby-man-forced-to-abandon-mum-s-body-in-funeral-parlour-1-7408149

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b90a7278-3a02-11e6-9a05-82a9b15a8ee7.html
Capitalism needed saving, but in bailing out the financial institutions with taxpayers' money, governments transferred the stresses from markets to politics. A return to economic growth would relieve some of the pressure. Europe in particular must understand just how politically corrosive slavish devotion to fiscal targets has become. But the politicians also must confront the excesses. If they want to save liberal democracy, they will have to reform capitalism.

LeoMc

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2016, 07:42:26 PM
Switzerland do alright. As does Norway, Israel, US, China etc.

You are deluded if you think the UK won't be able to trade with EU members. They're the 5th or 6th biggest economy in the world. They'll work it out!

Immigration is a factor too. Infrastructures can't cope with massive influxes of people; hospitals, doctors, schools etc. Another good reason to get out. Should've happened 10 years ago.
Norway and Switzerland have to allow free movement and follow all ligislation but have no input.
EU immigration n last year accounted for 0.0025% of population increase. If that broke the NHS then we are in bigger trouble than we know.

LeoMc

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2016, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 24, 2016, 05:29:31 PM
What worries me is the people in NI who voted Leave. Many of the English voters were duped (imho) whereas voters here... What exactly do they, as someone from Northern Ireland, stand to benefit from? The only argument I've heard from pro-brexit unionists is that it's a "uk-wide issue"; that theyve just done what their idiot politicans have told them to do

I voted Leave. Either way, the ordinary Joe will be shafted. Europe is run by unelected w**kers and member states have to toe the line. EU quotas have destroyed fishing in Ireland (and UK), a country that relies heavily on it. I never thought Leave would win, but now that it has, hopefully the rest will leave, and that can only be a good thing.

Yes, post-Brexit there will be recession, cuts etc - but they've never needed an excuse for that in the past. They'll blame Brexit and make people suffer but they would have done that anyway.
EU unelected beaurocrat = UK civil servant. Semantics.

LeoMc

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2016, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 24, 2016, 05:29:31 PM
What worries me is the people in NI who voted Leave. Many of the English voters were duped (imho) whereas voters here... What exactly do they, as someone from Northern Ireland, stand to benefit from? The only argument I've heard from pro-brexit unionists is that it's a "uk-wide issue"; that theyve just done what their idiot politicans have told them to do

I voted Leave. Either way, the ordinary Joe will be shafted. Europe is run by unelected w**kers and member states have to toe the line. EU quotas have destroyed fishing in Ireland (and UK), a country that relies heavily on it. I never thought Leave would win, but now that it has, hopefully the rest will leave, and that can only be a good thing.

Yes, post-Brexit there will be recession, cuts etc - but they've never needed an excuse for that in the past. They'll blame Brexit and make people suffer but they would have done that anyway.
Without quotas there would be no fish.