Potential New Armagh Managers (with a bit of luck we'll need one)

Started by topgun, July 09, 2007, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Grimley's position with Cavan involves the figure 4 twice !   The first 4 is for 4 wheels and the second is stg/euro 4((add the 0's) and this would indicate he'll not be Armagh's next manager

Orior

Four fourks sake, its no four gone conclusion, four he maybe back befour you can count four quality cavan county players
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

naka

was talking to a member of the panel and the county boys seem to think its a faregone conclusion that mc  donnell will be the next manager.Rafferty was interviewed but saw the writing on the wall with the way that the committee were answering his questions, grimley is too much like joe  in that the county committee want more say so / control on whats happening etc and grimbo would not want that level if interference.
l

Goats Do Shave

stpauls

Spiritof98

Was speaking with McDonnell last week, says he happy staying with the u-21s. Glad to see that Grimley is going to get a run at it.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

never kickt a ball

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=19932

Gormley quits Breffni, eyes Armagh job
Aug 22, 2007
Former Cavan number two Paul Grimley has vacated his position with the Breffni county in the hope of taking over the Armagh football reins from Joe Kernan.
Grimley who was assistant to Kernan for five years was an integral part of the Armagh backroom team in their All-Ireland winning season in 2002. He was also collected four Ulster crowns and a National League title with Kernan and Armagh while he was involved with them.
The Armagh Harps clubman left the Armagh set up in 2006 and became Donal Keoghan's assistant in Cavan but he has now left that position.
It is understood that the Armagh County Board have interviewed four people since Big Joe's resignation. Grimley is among these, along with Kernan's most recent number two, John Rafferty, ex-Crossmaglen boss Michael McConville and former U-21 boss, Peter McDonnell.

GAA site have Gormley leaving Cavan and not Grimley.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: never kickt a ball on August 22, 2007, 09:53:33 PM

Aug 22, 2007
Former Cavan number two Paul Grimley has vacated his position with the Breffni county in the hope of taking over the Armagh football reins from Joe Kernan.
Grimley who was assistant to Kernan for five years was an integral part of the Armagh backroom team in their All-Ireland winning season in 2002. He was also collected four Ulster crowns and a National League title with Kernan and Armagh while he was involved with them.
The Armagh Harps clubman left the Armagh set up in 2006 and became Donal Keoghan's assistant in Cavan but he has now left that position.
It is understood that the Armagh County Board have interviewed four people since Big Joe's resignation. Grimley is among these, along with Kernan's most recent number two, John Rafferty, ex-Crossmaglen boss Michael McConville and former U-21 boss, Peter McDonnell.

fcuksake

Quote from: never kickt a ball on August 22, 2007, 09:53:33 PM

Aug 22, 2007

Dont think so
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maddog

Quote from: Orior on August 23, 2007, 10:45:46 PM
Pearse Og?

yep Paul played for the harps spin offs, while Mark and John played for the first 15

bennydorano

I believe Paul played at underage for the Harps before taking the soup.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on August 24, 2007, 09:52:35 AM

Heard that alright Benny. Imagine if we had him and hoolie late 80s early 90s. They would have took some beating.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maddog on August 24, 2007, 10:00:54 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 24, 2007, 09:52:35 AM

Heard that alright Benny. Imagine if we had him and hoolie late 80s early 90s. They would have took some beating.
Why would they have had houlie?

I could swear grimley said in an interview I read that he didn't take up football until his teenage years and went to the ogs because all his mates played for them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?