Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 01, 2021, 11:59:04 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2021, 11:41:25 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 01, 2021, 11:33:08 AM
The absolute state of that farce in the Brighton match on Saturday.  How can Lee Mason tell Dunk it's ok to take it quickly, blow his whistle and then keek the begs.  The whole thing was an absolute shambles.

Dunk scored an identical free against Liverpool at Anfield last year and it was fine then.

But Mason disallowed it, then allowed it, then disallowed it again.

As for handball, I'm lost. Why did United not get that penalty yesterday?

Not deliberate, did not alter the 'path' of the ball, the ball was actually going out of the box away from goal I suppose.

At the time it actually looked like the Utd player was the offender. Couldn't give a penalty for that.

But I thought intent wasn't coming into this stuff any more (or is that only when a player brings down a man kneeing him in the head from behind? :))

And as MR2 says, they're giving those all the time.

IFAB needs to be told to f**k away off and give us our game back!

There was nothing whatsoever wrong with the traditional interpretation of handball before they started messing around with it when they introduced VAR.

laoislad

Apparently it's all Jurgen Klopps fault Man United didn't get the penalty!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jell 0 Biafra

They should just bring back the version of the handball rule where it had to be deliberate (where this includes the John Terry deliberately making yourself bigger to gain an advantage type of move).

Yes, it can be difficult sometimes to judge whether a handball was deliberate, but it's not as if the current version of the rule has made handball easier to judge.

macker15

Richarlison loves a dive. Martin Atkinson cant wait to give everton the handy free. Southampton very poor team. Handy win for Everton

ONeill

Have never seen a team crash as much, mentally, as this Liverpool side. I think it is the effect of 3 years of football at 100mph.

If he could, I'm sure Klopp would love to play the stiffs for the last 10 games or so and give the first team a rest til the new season.

When you see this, you realise how good Alex Ferguson was.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2021, 10:36:54 PM
Have never seen a team crash as much, mentally, as this Liverpool side. I think it is the effect of 3 years of football at 100mph.

If he could, I'm sure Klopp would love to play the stiffs for the last 10 games or so and give the first team a rest til the new season.

When you see this, you realise how good Alex Ferguson was.
Realise what? Not sure what your point is here. Irrelevant.

Milltown Row2

5th home loss in a row, another record for Klopp
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Probably the same for City now. Play the stiffs and prioritise the CL.

nrico2006

Is Klopp in danger of getting the sack?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

No way. He has achieved so much. I hope they don't compare him to Fergie.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 05, 2021, 12:34:15 AM
Is the PE teacher in danger of getting the sack?

J70

macker15

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 05, 2021, 12:34:15 AM

Have you drink taken posting that?

Milltown Row2

Klopp will dine out on his success with Liverpool for years, this year will be a blip in terms of his achievements. The lads are still in hangover mode. Could still pull it out of the bag in the Champions League. Fourth is still a possibility as Utd and the Foxes have stalled
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Dreadful performance yesterday. For all the defensive injury issues the problem is scoring goals, not defensively. Bar two late collapses against City and Leicester driven by individual errors in games where the team actually played well we have been ok at the back. However, the front three are totally out on Sync at the minute and we ae not creating chances. I think it was said on here before, I think we need to get Fabinho into midfield and let Kabak/Phillips try to get a partnership going. Hopefully that would release Jones/Gini forward more. I cant remember what game it was (Maybe Leicester?) but Milner started and he got into a lot of decent positions. As obviously talented as Thiago is, this slump has coincided with his return and we desperately need a change. Whether that is midfielders trying to break the lines (Keita?) or using Jota more I dont know.

As far as Klopp goes I would like to think thst FSG are not even contemplating anything stupid. The bigger risk would be that Klopp strikes me as the kind of person who might decide to go unilaterally a la Dalglish if he thought he wasnt the right person. As far as I am concerned he has bought himself time with the last couple of seasons. Look at Guardiola, City were in a similar position last year and they managed to turn it round in spectacular fashion.

Top 4 looks increasingly unlikely which means the UCL is critical. Liverpool are capable of beating any team left in it but given the current struggles the likelihood of having 5 decent performance in a row against quality opposition is slim